Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Films Have You Watched This Week - The Sequel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been in a john carpenter mood so far this weekend, and have watched both starman, and prince of darkness.

Tomorrow i'll watch big trouble in little china on bluray, and follow that up with either escape from new york, or mouth of madness.

Starman was just as good as i remembered it when i was a kid, jeff bridges really nailed that part.

Comment

The Escape From New York soundtrack came on at my mate's last night and now I have an urge to watch it again!

I don't have Starman, which is something I need to rectify as it's a lovely film.

Comment

Had an old skool day yesterday

Robocop, robocop 2 and predator 2

All excellent and still love the design for robocop2

Also to top the night off watched the avengers in 3D - looks good

Comment

Star Wars Attack of the Clones.

Zero clue what was going on or why they needed clones or why anything in this film was happening. Genuine wtf.

Watched Dark Skies again, also.

Best horror/ sci fi of the last couple of years imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
            Zero clue what was going on or why they needed clones or why anything in this film was happening.
            Because toys.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
              Zero clue what was going on or why they needed clones or why anything in this film was happening. Genuine wtf.
              Because Lucas.

Comment

Watched Rush last night, was in no hurry to as knew the story of events very well, but thought it was a well made film. Some great visual and audio effects too.

Comment

I've been watching Paul Blart: Mall Cop recently and think I'll just give up now. It won't get any better the more tired I am.

Comment

watched The Colour of Money at the weekend, put me in the mood for the Hustler, but thats not on Netflix, need to rake out the DVD now.

also watched Rumble in the Bronx, classic Jackie chan.

Comment

Went to see Frank tonight, the movie that's kind of Frank Sidebottom, albeit a different alternate American Frank (with the Sidebottom dropped). I don't know how much this actually represents Chris Sievey and aside from the head I didn't really find it connected with my memory of his performances and the personality he portrayed, although apparently one of the writers was in his band so it could be way more accurate to real-life Sievey than I'd know. But taking it on it's own merits rather than any kind of biography (they clearly weren't going for biography), I thought the film was excellent.

It's about a guy who ends up in Frank's band and they lock themselves away to record an album.

I grinned through most of the movie. It's funny and quirky with some genuine laugh out loud moments. Fassbender is bizarrely good considering he's in that giant head the whole time. And the music they actually play, well I had wished there was more of it and I would have bought the actual album they were recording. I think the somewhat dull cinematography is going to relegate the film to the art house pile but I could see this film becoming a little cult favourite at some point. Really enjoyed it.

Comment

Philomena

Lovely story based on Martin sixsmith's book about Philomena lee

Great performances by all and a lovely story based on real events from philomena's life and her search for her child

Comment

Friday the 13th
                          So first one down, was alright. Its low budget apparent but I like the way events unfold, it's pretty nicely handled really

Godzilla
                          The 1954 original, partly watched as the picture quality is so aged on the streaming service. Interesting too see though, don't recall having seen it before.

Comment

Oculus
                            Kinda remake made by the same director but I guess with a bigger budget stars Katee Sackhoff and Amy pond from doctor who

It's already made its money back being a low budget ($5 million) horror but not into the realms of paranormal activity or the conjuring

Basically it's about a mirror that has torn a family apart and how the children try to prove that it has supernatural powers

I enjoyed it, not alot of gore but a few scares and it's pretty creepy but not as good as recent movies like sinister, insidious or the conjuring

Comment

Her

Basically this is a story in a slightly future setting, where this guy(phoenix) buys a new OS from a range that is fully self aware, and able to build relationships with people... Anyway, its about his ongoing relationship with the OS(voiced by Johansson), and the nature of that kind of thing possibly happening.

J Phoenix is brill in this, most of it is him solo acting against the voice of scarlett johansson...and the fact he is so effortless, makes this a compelling watch.

Its weird and really rather wonderful.

Comment

I don't know why he was so fussed about Samantha. She turned out to be a proper slag.

I'd be well annoyed if my OS was

talking with 8,316 others, of whom she has fallen in love with 641. Shortly following that she naffs off to "find herself".

I'd be straight down PC World for a refund.

Comment

Working...
                                X