No announcement yet.

Steelbook Supremacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers for the offer but I'm gonna hold off as over the next 3 weeks I've got approx another 13 steelbooks due. It's silly silly for releases it seems, Feb looks the same.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
      Cheers for the offer but I'm gonna hold off as over the next 3 weeks I've got approx another 13 steelbooks due. It's silly silly for releases it seems, Feb looks the same.
      No worries.

I went through & cancelled a few as I had about 5 due on the 25th & no way I can find well over ?100 in one hit.

I'm now just down to Despicable Me 2 & Monsters U on that day.

The rest are all gone as I can't see them selling out quickly (TF2 / 3 / Worlds end) so should be able to grab them later on.

Then I've got 2 on the 2nd December & 2 on the 9th

I'm slowing down a bit but there are loads I want.

Neil

Comment

I've been trying to cut corners too, several were cancelled a bit back. Apparently HMV will have Man of Steel for ?18 so pulled my Zavvi ?25 preorder too.

Comment

If that's true then I will cancel mine as well

I got rid of ?500 worth of preorders, still got a few left over but mainly Disney's for the children

Comment

I've been trying to cut corners too, several were cancelled a bit back. Apparently HMV will have Man of Steel for ?18 so pulled my Zavvi ?25 preorder too.
            That would be sweet if they do.

That said I can't see MoS selling out really so worst case is I'll just grab a copy further down the line.

I did see Fast 6 in HMV at the weekend but that was still ?22
            I'm amazed that it's so dear of this one...I really want it but I refuse a hike like that.

Neil

Comment

Yeah, FF6 is a pure case of milking it (though I did cave and get it). Word is MoS isn't a limited run like Pacific isn't so the release will be handled the same. Only issue with HMV is the lack of online store makes info tricky to confirm but it looks likely.

Comment

Yeah, FF6 is a pure case of milking it (though I did cave and get it). Word is MoS isn't a limited run like Pacific isn't so the release will be handled the same. Only issue with HMV is the lack of online store makes info tricky to confirm but it looks likely.
                Good news on MoS then.
                I'm hoping for a price drop on FF6 I'd love to have it but I can't justify the difference.

Just did a pre-order with Zavvi for a few at a hefty ?118!!!
                All 3 Toy Story's, Machete Kills, Fantasia & Lady & the Tramp

I am going to have to keep a real close out for the Peter Pan & Dumbo steels in the hope they come back up I am still beating myself up for missing them

Neil

Comment

?118

Did anyone grab the Ghibli ones? Clocked Nausicaa in CeX the other day for 20 notes but it was scratched...

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    ?118

Did anyone grab the Ghibli ones? Clocked Nausicaa in CeX the other day for 20 notes but it was scratched...
                    Yeah it is a bit high but it's spread out over January & February so it's not all in one go.
                    That's not as much as it was originally though...I had it up to over ?150 but cut back on a couple instead.

Comment

Hey if you guys want to see the steels I will be selling you can have first dibs

Fast and furious 6 is present and sealed and will be cheaper than ?22

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                        Hey if you guys want to see the steels I will be selling you can have first dibs

Fast and furious 6 is present and sealed and will be cheaper than ?22
                        Sounds promising

Let me know what you have

Comment

It's beginning! Just got notification that my Monsters Uni, Transformers 2, Transformers 3, Fast and Furious, 2 Fast 2 Furious, Fast Toko Drift and Fast 4 steels are shipping. Busy times start.

Comment

It's beginning! Just got notification that my Monsters Uni, Transformers 2, Transformers 3, Fast and Furious, 2 Fast 2 Furious, Fast Toko Drift and Fast 4 steels are shipping. Busy times start.
                            Got my notification that Monsters U has shipped.

I did the unthinkable & cancelled both the TF's
                            I can't see there being an issue picking them up later.

I decided that I'd sooner use this pay check to pay up everyone's Chrimbo pressies so thought the savings on the cancelled Steels between now & the 20th December would settle up the Chrimbo bill instead.

Neil

Comment

The bigspender code is back out so reorder them before Christmas and you can save ?10 off a ?100 spend

But noticed that so e are now at the ?6 mark - I've got the German ones which have the same cover art

Comment

Just been to HMV, they're getting plenty stock of Man of Steel steelbook at ?17.99

Excellent

Comment

Working...
                                X