No announcement yet.

Steelbook Supremacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen on some forums a building fuss that too many are now being released but to me if it bothers peeps it's either going to be because they want the cash value that sometimes come with rarer pieces or bragging rights as others can't get them. Not fussed with either so I'd rather they did them often as it means it's more likely I'll be able to form a collection where the films I want get released as there's so many that don't have an SB edition.

I've sold on my Thor (boring design anyway) as I know Zavvi is dling another but typically I don't mind if they hold no value. They look mint as a collection :thumbs:

Comment

The Apes cover is nice but I would be haunted by the twigs on the front left figure's hands being the same as the one on the right figure. They aren't two separate figures. OCD I know, but it bugs me.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
        I know it's hard to believe, but not everybody has seen Planet of the Apes and that inside cover totally ruins the twist!

It's almost as bad as this:

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          I know it's hard to believe, but not everybody has seen Planet of the Apes and that inside cover totally ruins the twist!

It's almost as bad as this:
          Sorry QC
          Bit late for an edit since you quoted me.
          For the record though I've never seen it myself but it's been quoted & parodied so much that even without seeing it you already know it anyway.

Picked this up today at HMV not because it's any good but it's just too cheap to pass up...

Hopefully get into my one tomorrow to pick up their exclusive Good Day to Die Hard Steel as well.

Originally posted by Crazytaxinext
          I've seen on some forums a building fuss that too many are now being released but to me if it bothers peeps it's either going to be because they want the cash value that sometimes come with rarer pieces or bragging rights as others can't get them. Not fussed with either so I'd rather they did them often as it means it's more likely I'll be able to form a collection where the films I want get released as there's so many that don't have an SB edition.

I've sold on my Thor (boring design anyway) as I know Zavvi is dling another but typically I don't mind if they hold no value. They look mint as a collection :thumbs:

Yeah seen loads of people moaning about this recently.
          I have to say I'm feeling the same a bit but it's note because of falling values it's just trying to keep up with the sheer amount that's it making it hard for me.
          I am being more selective though & only getting films I actually want.

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse
          Love how The Rocketeer Zavvi Steelbook has sold-out for pre-order months away from release when we all know that come September copies will appear on Flea-Bay for twice or three times the mark-up.

Pathetic.

I actually didn't realise it was sold out until you mentioned...glad I have mine on order now

You wait & I guarantee a big chunk of what appears on Ebay will actually be via Zavvi's Outlet...they did it before with some releases including Nemo so expect them to be doing it again with Aladdin & this.

Neil

Comment

I've been pre ordering almost weekly It might hit me later with some fatigue but so far they're all so far from release date it doesn't feel a worry.

Decent price for MIB3, I enjoyed the film too. Ended up with the trilogy set.

Had a good look over the Good Day to Die Hard steel today, only real reason to get it is for completions sake given the film was a let down but as far as steelbooks go its one I really like.

Comment

If you get Planet of the Apes, can I ask that you actually watch it and not just add it to the pile?

I think the first half is particularly good, even before the apes inevitably arrive. It's really tense as the astronauts begin to explore the planet they're stranded on.

Comment

I watch all my steelies Not bothered with ones for films I don't like, but never been a fan of Planet so haven't preordered that one.

Comment

generic email has been sent from Zavvi stating they are now down to limited stocks of Little Mermaid and Jungle Book

get those orders in before some cheeky munkies start ordering 10 of each

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                    generic email has been sent from Zavvi stating they are now down to limited stocks of Little Mermaid and Jungle Book

get those orders in before some cheeky munkies start ordering 10 of each
                    This winds me up no end.

There should be a limit to one or 2 per person.

Nothing like missing out then seeing a seller with stacks of them for about 4 times the price

I've only ever ordered one of anything...well that's a lie I have ordered 2 of the Entertainment Store GI Joe Retaliation steel but that's because my brother wants one as well.

Never done this to make profit...just to have a nice collection of films (that I'll probably never ever get time to watch)

Neil

Comment

Would loved to get that one - where is this entertainment store website

as you can see im keeping what I have

Comment

Would loved to get that one - where is this entertainment store website

as you can see im keeping what I have
                        Lol glad to hear it

They are a Play.com market place seller.

All sold out now though...

Limited to 2000 copies as well.

Should have a copy of their Hansel & Gretel steel coming as well which I missed out on thanks to a member on AV Forums who ordered an extra copy

Don't fret too much about GI Joe though...can't see it reaching their Jack Reacher steel levels of 2nd hand prices as it's also available from Amazon.de

Neil

Comment

Finally managed to get into HMV today & picked this up...

Quite a nice looking Steel IMO

Neil

Comment

Yeah got it the other day

Not going for GI joe or hansel

Not going to pay over ?20 again for a steelbook unless I can help it

Comment

Yeah got it the other day

Not going for GI joe or hansel

Not going to pay over ?20 again for a steelbook unless I can help it
                              I know some are getting steep these days.

Think the GI Joe one isn't too bad as it does include the 3D version & Prometheus was a similar price IIRC

Neil

Comment

And now the big one is available to preorder... Iron Man 3

Comment

Working...
                                X