Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Godzilla - 2014

New Video From the Godzilla Set Online

Directed by Gareth Edwards, the May 16, 2014 release stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Ken Watanabe, Elizabeth Olsen, Juliette Binoche, David Strathairn, Bryan Cranston and Sally Hawkins.

A presentation of Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures, Godzilla will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, except in Japan, where it will be distributed by Toho Co., Ltd. Legendary Pictures is a division of Legendary Entertainment.

The scene filmed shows

the wreckage of a train carrying a nuke that godzilla has just drained of power apparently.

Very interested to see where they go with the design of Godzilla himself given the huge backlash from the 98 film and the screenwriters declaration Godzilla will be a "terrifying force of nature".

Star Elizabeth Olsen described the film as "definitely not lighthearted. It's kind of going back to its roots of the original Japanese film."
    Also, please for the love of god don't go the Cloverfield shaky cam route!

Edit:

2010 comic con design:

Last edited by Kit; 09-04-2013, 12:54.

Cool as it would be to have a decent film... I was lost as soon as I read the word Olsen

Comment

I've loved Godzilla films since stumbling across Vs. Megalon after Vic Reeves' Big Night Out.

Although I'm looking forward to this after Edwards' Monsters, I kinda miss blokes in rubber suits stomping on a model Tokyo.

Edwards saw those Creature Feature films too, fact fans!

Comment

Monsters was pretty damn good. Not sure if Godzilla fans will be happy if he's only on-screen for 5 mins total though.

Comment

Shame this isn't a proper Toho rather than some US crap.

Comment

Toho will make some more in the next couple of years. No way it wont happen with the 60th coming up and all.

Comment

pacific rim is due soon hoping that gives my huge monster fix

Comment

New poster for WB's second roll of the dice at a monster movie hit

Comment

That poster is awesome!!
                  Looking forward to this actually.

Comment

Yeah, great poster and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on the movie. I can't imagine they'll repeat the travesty of the previous Godzilla and the really limited things they have shown so far have really seemed like they're going for the feel of the Japanese movies.

Comment

So it's going to be a full on man in a suit?

Comment

The other American Godzilla wasn't that bad, Mathew Brodrick was terrible in it, and they tried to rip Jurrasic Park off with the baby velociraptor type things, but it was mainly just big dumb fun. People should have known what they were getting when they heard the director of Independence Day was doing it.

The only Major problem I had with it was it felt like a very generic monster, it didn't actually feel like Godzilla. I think if it had been called somthing else then people would have been far more accepting of it.

This has the potential to be a proper Godzilla film though.... We shall see I guess. Brilliant poster anyway.

Comment

Sally Hawkins? Odd film for her. I'd pay to see Mike Leigh's Godzilla, though.

Comment

I think that poster is whack but at least it looks like ol skool Gojira rather than the hollywood mutant Iguana we got in 98.

Comment

Is whack good or bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X