Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

In an interview with Moviefone, Michael Bay says that the upcoming “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” reboot (which he’s producing) will NOT feature alien turtles as previously rumored. “There was that quote saying that we’re making [the Ninja Turtles as] aliens. We’re not. it’s the ooze! it’s from the original source material. These are from the […]

The upcoming third incarnation of movie Turtles is gathering pace with (god help us) Megan Fox as April O Neill. Now Bay has undone previous rumour of an alien origin saying the Turtles will be born from the ooze as it should be.

I think Bay said he meant The Ooze was of alien origin, not the Turtles per say. Which is correct according to the original mythos I believe.

Personally I'd have liked a sequel to the CGI animated movie which was pretty good IMHO.

Comment

Yeah. Krang made it.

Comment

Are you sure Krang made the ooze? read differing accounts. I would love to see Krang in his giant red undies battling the turtles. God, just imagine how cool a CGI technodrome would be!? Ninja Turtles has such a funny rogues gallery. Remember The Rat King?

Edit:

Bay is going to ****ing destroy this isn't he...
        Last edited by Kit; 01-05-2013, 19:26.

Comment

Is it going to be edgy and 'realistic'?

Comment

Have a look at some of the realistic ninja turtle art/statues. I think movie goers would be scared ****less!

Comment

Comment

My guess is that, apart from the gratuitous slo-mo shots, you won't be able to distinguish between the good and bad guys.

Comment

Fuuuuuuck that's creepy. Has to look like this:

The origin of the ooze changes. The original comic has aliens called Utroms who made it. They look just like Krang but Krang isn't an Utrom! They even have suits, like krang in the cartoon.

It literally fell off the back of a lorry and went all over Splinter and the Turtles!!!!

I prefer the cartoon myself, where Krang made it for Shredder to kill Hamato Yoshi (who instead of dying turned into a rat.)
                  Last edited by cutmymilk; 01-05-2013, 21:40.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                    Is it going to be edgy and 'realistic'?
                    If it is then surely this will come at a time where movies have done this angle into the ground, pushing viewers to voice their opinions that they want their sci-fi films to be fun again.

Seconded on a CGI sequel as the first was very decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post

Minge flaps?

Comment

The costumes in the old turtle movies actually hold up pretty well. The first film is underrated too.

That art is just disturbing.

Comment

Real shame Michael bay has got his hands on this I think some one like Guillermo del Toro could make this work, I know hellboy 2 wasent great but the first film worked well.

The turtles are back on my radar thanks to the nickelodeon series which my kids are obsessed with, like transformers prime its suprisingly watchable and flows quite nicely I'm constantly surprised by kids tv shows these days they where never this quality when I was a kid.

Take season 3 of transformers prime the return of Optimus in the latest episode is fantastic I really think mr bay could learn a few things about character development and intresting story arcs by watching transformers prime as it hands down is way more interesting than devoting 90% of your movie on giant robots to some ****e teenage coming of age story.

Michael bay isn't going to make a kids film so where going to be left with a halfway house like transformers too violent for kids and to stupid and slapstick for adults, great.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                            Michael bay isn't going to make a kids film so where going to be left with a halfway house like transformers too violent for kids and to stupid and slapstick for adults, great.
                            Bay's going to **** the turtles up, no doubt, but where will all the crazy explosions go? I can't even think of an episode where anything blew up. Most of the time Shredder pretty much walked back to the technodrome while bitching to Krang about their awesomeness.

Turtles with guns maybe?

There's some concept art floating around showing Bays turtles and they look like cyborgs...

I mean, being mutated turtles and having martial art skills isn't enough?

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                            Minge flaps?
                            I will never look at raphael in the same way.

Comment

Megan Fox is casual chic while filming scenes as April for her new flick Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at an underground subway station on Saturday (May 4) in New…

Megan Fox on set

Comment

Working...
                              X