No announcement yet.

Anime and Manga Thread: 2nd Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iiiit's friday, meaning another pervy cooking episode of Shougeki no soma, i wonder what this weeks episode will have in store for me hehe.

Comment

Oh man that new onepiece intro, love it love it loooove it.

Comment

You've reminded i'm about 15 episode behind from the last time I watched... can't say im a fan of the new OP and think they've all been terrible apart from We Are and the We Are remix they did couple of years back when they came back from the time skip in the anime.

watch report, probably sticking with to many shows this season.. quite a few interesting new shows and sequels to stuff I enjoyed previously

Arslan Senki - didn't know it was by the LOGH guy, so im hoping for great stories, in this setting inspired by Persia and the crusades.
        DanMachi - I like the characters and setup, the MC doesn't appear to be overpowered type just grinding to get by in this MMOrpg like "real" fantasy setting.
        Hibike! Euphonium - kyoani taking their art/animation to another level, K-on with much bigger cast. Hoping it will be as good Hyouka the last time KA produced a top notch show.
        Ore Monogatari
        Plastic Memories
        Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches
        Nagato Yuki
        Shokugeki no soma
        Yahari s2
        Kekkai Sensen
        Nanoha Vivid
        Ninja Slayer
        Fate/Stay UBW s2
        Baby Steps 2

Comment

a 2 week breaks over for One Piece which last left us with a cliff-hanger of what will Gear 4 be... have to say I like the power up,

I thought it would look similar to zombie powered luffy back on thriller bark, almost like some muscle bound Kabuki man. And the change of skill from stretching to spring load like a piledriver weapon, following by another new skill in his tracking snake punch.

Can't wait for next week, there's no way Doffy's finished yet, Luffy may have made new Gear whoop initial ass but as always with the big boss they'll push it to the wire on their comeback.

And in a surprise Naruto came back to with ch 700+1... seems we'll get stories based around the kids similar I suppose to who Dragon Ball Z did it, be good if they keep the focus on Sarada instead of Bolt who seems a lot closer to the original Naruto arch-type (loser, not much of family) than his Son.

Also been enjoying the relatively new manga called Boku no Hero Academia based around the classic underdog of a talentless hack using hard work and guts to overcome the challenges of a super hero school.

Comment

Whaaa there's a gear 4th, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee can't wait to see it revealed i'm guessing i's not been animated yet, the arc is certainly building up in excitement.

Comment

The anime is terribly slow paced, pretty sure they're doing 1/2 a chapter an episode which is why i store up 10-20 eps ago. Looking forward to how the anime treats Usopps next big moment and franky manly fight with pink.

One of my favourite long standing plot elements is Usopps lies coming true one by one, with latest being the lie of commanding 1000 men as a captain.

Comment

Answer (1 of 25): Japan is not an anime. As much as I’ve seen (Speaking Japanese, dating a japanese, lived there and watch a lot of anime), I’m surprised Anime fans who come to Japan don’t get like “Tokyo syndrome”. First of all, in most of anime, they strip off some very important Japanese cus...

They can't go on the roof, WHAT

Comment

I have to admit i laughed hard at the caption that went with that roof pic.

Comment

what's that there Ninja Slayer like?

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                      I have to admit i laughed hard at the caption that went with that roof pic.
                      Yeah and Another is definitely one roof you want to stay away from to.

Ninja Slayer is an Adult Swim styled show like Hell Cop before it of cardboard static movement and rare animated fights, its only 12 mins long so it not going to put you out to give it a try. I quite liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                        The anime is terribly slow paced, pretty sure they're doing 1/2 a chapter an episode which is why i store up 10-20 eps ago. Looking forward to how the anime treats Usopps next big moment and franky manly fight with pink.

One of my favourite long standing plot elements is Usopps lies coming true one by one, with latest being the lie of commanding 1000 men as a captain.
                        That's one of the things i like about this arc is Usopp gets to shine even if it's not always as planned, although he isn't as strong as Luffy, Sanji, Zorro or Franky it's great to see him hold his own even if it's by pure luck sometimes. Hell there was that one point in the past when he went up against Luffy and for a very short while he was putting up an incredible attack considering how strong Luffy is. It was really shocking to see them both fight each other.

Haven't seen the boat team in a while keep forgetting about Nami Brook & Chopper still on the boat, curious how they will be brought into the proceedings probably safer they are on the boat there's enough destruction going on inside the island, not that they could get past don flamingo's wires anyway lol.

Still loving assassianation clasroom, each episode is as good as the last, there's been quite a few new anime i have ended up really enjoying this year. With Log horizon been all kinds of awesome and now assassination classroom doing the same, shokigeki no soma is also shaping up to be one i'll end up really enjoying. Just got this weeks episode will enjoy those perverted cooking goings on later.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                          That's one of the things i like about this arc is Usopp gets to shine even if it's not always as planned, although he isn't as strong as Luffy, Sanji, Zorro or Franky it's great to see him hold his own even if it's by pure luck sometimes. Hell there was that one point in the past when he went up against Luffy and for a very short while he was putting up an incredible attack considering how strong Luffy is. It was really shocking to see them both fight each other.

Haven't seen the boat team in a while keep forgetting about Nami Brook & Chopper still on the boat, curious how they will be brought into the proceedings probably safer they are on the boat there's enough destruction going on inside the island, not that they could get past don flamingo's wires anyway lol.

Still loving assassianation clasroom, each episode is as good as the last, there's been quite a few new anime i have ended up really enjoying this year. With Log horizon been all kinds of awesome and now assassination classroom doing the same, shokigeki no soma is also shaping up to be one i'll end up really enjoying. Just got this weeks episode will enjoy those perverted cooking goings on later.
                          Your wait for the Team Boat will have to wait, we've not seen them in the manga since Christmas 2013... the fight with Doffy's crew been going for over a year and half with the last fight round of the last fight about to start next week... and they'll have to be the island epilogue afterwards to.

Usopp probably my favourite of the crew, the cowardly underdog who always comes through in the end, as mentioned before he gets another moment to shine in this arc which puts him on the same level as Sanji and Zoro.

Comment

Picked up Perfect Blue (seen before) and Eden of the East complete collection on Blu Ray. They were both cheap on Amazon at just over ?20 for them both. I loved Perfect Blue when Id seen it about 10 years ago, but I've never seen EotE before- supposed to be good right?

Comment

I lost interest in the TV show towards the end after great start and middle, so never followed up with the films which I hear are worse than the TV show.

Comment

I enjoyed the TV show but never saw the films either. The TV show is worth watching for sure though.

Comment

Working...
                                X