Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any chance you know where the vocals on that track are from (or who it is)? Sounds very similar to those on another song or two I have and I can't work out which!

Comment

Original is Regina Belle - Good Lovin. Sampled on Taktix' original The Way and its zillion remixes and also used on D Cruze - Lonely.
      I used to be a serious jungle nerd

Comment

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
        All this talk of Hospital Records and their lightweight brand of fluff had me hankering for some DnB with a little more kick...
        good picks.

I've been listening to a Tipper sampler:

Although it sounds horrendous on youtube compared to my FLAC effort.
        Last edited by charlesr; 20-07-2012, 23:33.

Comment

Guessing you already know about this or probably told me about it:

Comment

I didnt no...but I do now! Cheers

Comment

See you in a couple of years then. Takes a while to trawl that lot
              I love the background behind the tracks and little details.

Comment

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
                Original is Regina Belle - Good Lovin. Sampled on Taktix' original The Way and its zillion remixes and also used on D Cruze - Lonely.
                I used to be a serious jungle nerd
                Haha awesome, I'm not very knowledgeable but do love jungle.

Been through all the songs on my iphone and can't find an exact match to what I'm looking for but I think maybe it just reminded me of the track below (about 5:30 in)? It's just the two words/syllables at 2:32/2:33 (or at the very very end if you can't be arsed to find that!) of the track you originally linked that got me thinking...

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                  Guessing you already know about this or probably told me about it:
                  http://blogtotheoldskool.com/
                  Brilliant website, bookmarked.

Have your Hospital cds arrived yet charles? Future Sound of Russia is probably my favourite of the ones I've listened to. The Ultrasound compilation is pretty close though, similar to LTJ's Earth volumes and that sort of thing from 1997

Comment

Yeah, they arrived very quickly, although the CD case teeth didn't survive. Luckily they all still bit-ripped perfectly with EAC. /anal

I really like that Yikes! album. Maybe I'm getting old Not had a chance to listen to the Russia one yet, but I see on the back that there are some others in the series.

Comment

Yeah both Yikes! and FSoR came with broken teeth for me too, might have been one more actually but it was the sealed ones with slips which was weird! My jiffy bag also came completely open but fortunately all 10 CDs were there.

Listening to Yikes! now, had an edit of Meteorites on a Hospital Records sampler download Amazon was giving away a month or so ago and really like the song for some reason so nice to have a copy on CD.

Comment

Comment

Drop's at 1:25. Love Damien Marley, Love Nas, Love D&B.

Comment

Nice to hear some Nas mate, my fave mc

Comment

Saw this guy today(well, yesterday) in London. Epic accordion/looping/voice stuff:

I'm trying to find another one he played which had digeridoo sounds and was basically incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by losersclub View Post
                                Nice to hear some Nas mate, my fave mc
                                One of my favs too. What do you think of his new album? I am not sure I like it as much as previous efforts. It seems quite...venomous if that's the right word. The Don track is classic Nas though! What is your fav Nas album?

Comment

Working...
                                X