The Matrix: Resurrections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailer 2

Lots of spoilerific stuff so be warned...

Comment

Wow!!

Comment

20 minutes to go

Comment

We’ve got our tickets for next Thursday at the IMAX. I’m surprised we’re allowed to take a four year old in, but there we go.

Comment

Well, just finished. Let's just say...

It may make more sense if you are stoned! Also, I now see why they made an Unreal Engine 5 Matrix demo

I liked it but need to watch it again.

Comment

Another Christmas cockdown has ruined the cinema visit. Ah well, shiver me timbers an a bottle o’ rum, yer rotten sea maggots.

Comment

[MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION] I’m scared of spoilers so I don’t want to risk Googling this, but is there a scene after the credits? I’m seeing this tomorrow morning and need to know if I’ll have time to visit Nitori and buy some new bowls.

It wasn’t me that bent. It was the bowl

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                  [MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION] I’m scared of spoilers so I don’t want to risk Googling this, but is there a scene after the credits? I’m seeing this tomorrow morning and need to know if I’ll have time to visit Nitori and buy some new bowls.

It wasn’t me that bent. It was the bowl
                  Yes, there is a screen after the credits.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    Yes, there is a screen after the credits.
                    Would you say it’s worth hanging around for? It’s an 8:25am showing and I’ll probably be bursting for a wee by that point

Comment

Hmm, I couldn't say. It is rated to something Neo says at the end of the movie before the credits.

Comment

So last night I set my iPhone alarm for 7:00am and went to sleep.

When I woke up, it was 1:15pm!!! I was livid with myself and with Apple for not being able to develop a reliable alarm clock function but then I actually woke up. Phew, it was just a dream! I checked the time on my now-forgiven iPhone:

5:00am. Back to sleep.

I wake up at 7:00am, jump out of bed and have breakfast. No time for a proper shower so Lynx it is. I’m watching an episode of the Xbox documentary and all the green stuff is getting me in a Matricular mood.

I board the Yamanote train at 8:10, a little later than I wanted. Showtime is 8:25 but the film will properly start around 8:35 so I should be ok.

The train doors don’t shut. There’s an announcement about a safety check on the train in front.

After what feels like an eternity, we get the all-clear, the doors close and off we go to Ikebukuro. Should still be fine for time but ideally I want to get there a bit early for snacks. I’ve booked a premium seat with a ¥700 meal coupon and I don’t feel like carrying popcorn home just cos.

I leave the station and check my Apple Watch:

8:33!!!!!!

HOW IN SAM HECK IS IT 8:33?!?!? I tap the watch screen and, I kid you not, it changes to 8:22.

If were any other film I’d just laugh but this is a film about questioning the very essence of your reality.

The Matrix had me, and by golly it’ll have you as well.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and award it deja vu cats out of 7.

If anyone’s curious or in a rush to buy bowls before their Japanese lesson like I was, the post-credits scene isn’t story-related in any meaningful way.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                          So last night I set my iPhone alarm for 7:00am and went to sleep.

When I woke up, it was 1:15pm!!! I was livid with myself and with Apple for not being able to develop a reliable alarm clock function but then I actually woke up. Phew, it was just a dream! I checked the time on my now-forgiven iPhone:

5:00am. Back to sleep.

I wake up at 7:00am, jump out of bed and have breakfast. No time for a proper shower so Lynx it is. I’m watching an episode of the Xbox documentary and all the green stuff is getting me in a Matricular mood.

I board the Yamanote train at 8:10, a little later than I wanted. Showtime is 8:25 but the film will properly start around 8:35 so I should be ok.

The train doors don’t shut. There’s an announcement about a safety check on the train in front.

After what feels like an eternity, we get the all-clear, the doors close and off we go to Ikebukuro. Should still be fine for time but ideally I want to get there a bit early for snacks. I’ve booked a premium seat with a ¥700 meal coupon and I don’t feel like carrying popcorn home just cos.

I leave the station and check my Apple Watch:

8:33!!!!!!

HOW IN SAM HECK IS IT 8:33?!?!? I tap the watch screen and, I kid you not, it changes to 8:22.

If were any other film I’d just laugh but this is a film about questioning the very essence of your reality.

The Matrix had me, and by golly it’ll have you as well.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and award it deja vu cats out of 7.

If anyone’s curious or in a rush to buy bowls before their Japanese lesson like I was, the post-credits scene isn’t story-related in any meaningful way.
                          Lol, quite the morning you had. I just play it safe and go to the opening night for movies. Cheaper and less people at the late showings.
                          So, did you fully understand what was going on? Did you think the begining was slow?
                          Oh, did you watch it in DTS-X / Dolby Atmos? Our local cinema has that set up. Sounded awsome. But I'm sure my hearing was bugged by the noise

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                            Lol, quite the morning you had. I just play it safe and go to the opening night for movies. Cheaper and less people at the late showings.
                            So, did you fully understand what was going on? Did you think the begining was slow?
                            Oh, did you watch it in DTS-X / Dolby Atmos? Our local cinema has that set up. Sounded awsome. But I'm sure my hearing was bugged by the noise
                            I’ve had Mondays off work this month so I’ve been going cinema when it’s less busy. There were maybe 30 people today, compared with it being almost fully booked on Friday and the weekend.

I saw it in IMAX and it was pretty loud. I’ve seen a few in Atmos and they were unbearably loud(Godzilla vs Kong in particular - I put my earphones in to quieten it a bit!)

I think I understood it. I mean, I had no questions. I enjoyed the slow bits because films these days tend to zip by!

Comment

Watched this today. I enjoyed it but if I'm being honest I think my enjoyment largely rests on revisiting some of the characters and the world all these years on. The film is very self-aware of the whole late sequel/reboot/relaunch thing happening a lot today but on those terms I'd pitch this as one of the lesser successful ones. Being self-aware is great but the film doesn't really do anything with it beyond the mentions, overall it's a fairly faithful retread of the first film. Not the main villain, the other one... terrible casting there. If you can't cast the right person just don't have the character at all. It's an odd film, it's simpler and therefore more cohesive than the two sequels but at the same time I'd say the plot, action and meaning to the film is the weakest of the sequels. It's more a film that has to happen than one that's great on its own merits, this film has to exist to set the stage for future entries that might go to new territory. So yeah, it's a solid film and fun to watch but if, if they never make another one it'll easily be the most redundant entry.

Comment

Reviews are out for Lana Wachowski’s “The Matrix Resurrections” with the reaction on the positive, if a bit mixed, side. The film scored a 65/100 on Metacritic along with a 70% (6.4/10) on Rotten Tomatoes. This legacy sequel, the fourth film in the series overall, serves as a combination refresh, satire and update of the […]

Ironically timed, Lana Wachowski has ruled out making a Matrix 5 which if true really... really does reframe Resurrections and not for me in the best light.

Comment

Working...
                                X