The Matrix: Resurrections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just come back from this and all I can say is:
    It makes Revolutions look like a masterpiece.

0/10

Edit: having thought about this film... It only gets worse.
    Last edited by Cassius_Smoke; 23-12-2021, 06:25.

Comment

OK, spoiler free thoughts.

This is a matrix film made by someone who has only heard of the Matrix from a drunk friend at a festival.
      For all the criticism you can level at the Matrix Revolutions, they pail into insignificance at what you can throw at this film.

Bullet points:

1. The choreography is like a poor TV movie with fast cuts and flailing arms. There are no action scenes that actually get your juices flowing. Remember the first films fight with Smith in the train station, or the second films Highway chase, or the third films Fight with Smith in the rain. None of that here.

2. Replacing actors. The two replaced actors/characters are utterly pointless and serve no purpose in the plot. Without them, the movie would play out exactly the same.

3: Really bad editing that jumps all over the place and gives you no time to adjust before jumping to a different scene.

4: The pacing of the film is all over the place. The long drawn out middle of the film has conversations and introductions that either go on too long, or not enough. Leaving you confused as to what's important.

5: Flying invisible dolphin robot

And these are just a few 'Film Critic' opinions. Wait until you start picking the plot apart, or the characters, or the CGI.

Comment

Its a bit of a mess and didn't need to happen. The fight scenes were really bad and the constant callbacks irritated me.

I wasn't a fan of Agent Smith at first but he grew on me. Seems pointess to include him if there won't be a sequel though

I do want to rewatch the first film again now though.

Comment

Lana may be done but it seems Warner Bros might not be

Comment

I wonder, with the scene about WB and this news, whether Lana went out of her way to make a **** film.

Comment

I feel like she definitely knew what was coming and tried to use Resurrections to call it out so fans would swerve a fifth film without her but really the film practically needs a fifth film to justify it or make use of anything the plot now has left over. There's too much unexplained and the new ending is much worse than the old one. As much as I didn't mind watching it, Revolutions is the better and bolder film.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                OK, spoiler free thoughts.

1. The choreography is like a poor TV movie with fast cuts and flailing arms. There are no action scenes that actually get your juices flowing. Remember the first films fight with Smith in the train station, or the second films Highway chase, or the third films Fight with Smith in the rain. None of that here.

That is very sad to hear. Thanks for saving me! I was going to venture to the cinema for this, now I shall wait for Netflix.

Comment

With the odd exception like “The Many Saints of Newark,” the most telling thing about Warner Bros. Pictures experiment with theatrical-day-and-date releases on HBO Max this past year has been its synchronicity. The films that have generally had the best early box-office for Warners have also been the ones that fared the best in terms […]

The HBO Max release for the film has performed okay but not brilliantly. However, piracy of the film is said to be much more rife than other releases thanks to the high quality of the transfer available. So far, Warner Bros has been fairly generous in commissioning sequels to films released via HBO Max this year so the door seems to remain open.

Comment

Look, WB, do sidequels, do other stories set in the old 'Green' matrix, but please for the love of God, let this sequel **** die.

Comment

I was thinking today about Neo. In the last movie his eyes were completely melted out but in this movie he has eyes. How is that a thing? I didn't remember that being explained in the plot. Or maybe it was and I missed it because I was trying to figure out what was going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        I was thinking today about Neo. In the last movie his eyes were completely melted out but in this movie he has eyes. How is that a thing? I didn't remember that being explained in the plot. Or maybe it was and I missed it because I was trying to figure out what was going on.

I seem to remember the therapist talking about how much work the machines had put into regenerating Neo and Trinity's bodies. Whenever the two lovebirds figured out what was going on, the machines would kill them, grow new ones and plonk them back in the Matrix.

Comment

For me there has to be a sequel, a direct continuation. Resurrections end point of the story is too poor a place to leave things for Neo.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post

I seem to remember the therapist talking about how much work the machines had put into regenerating Neo and Trinity's bodies. Whenever the two lovebirds figured out what was going on, the machines would kill them, grow new ones and plonk them back in the Matrix.
                            Ah, yes that was mentioned. But.....

wouldn't that mean the Neo and Trinity out of the matrix are not the same humans that died / lost their eyes? The movie is very difficult to understand with just one watch.

Comment

Seems that the ones in Resurrections are the same ones from the previous trilogy who's deceased bodies were revived and restored using cybernetics hence the additional mods in their bodies

With Resurrections I don't feel it's a complex film, just not well written enough

Comment

Somewhat relieved our lockdown saved me near €40 on cinema tickets for this. I’d have been well annoyed.

Comment

Working...
                                X