Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Concept
    Yeah, I caught them just before S3 started. They mostly detail

Duck's joining of the NPC after he loses his wife, and the frictions between the resistence members and those who are thinking of 'collaborating'.

Anyone else think after

Duck killed himself in the suicide blast and considering all the bodies that Jammer is a Cylon?
    But

it was a graduation ceremony - Jammer was already a cop at the time.

Whatever though, it's a brilliant start to the new series. Series 2 took ages to get going I thought.

Comment

Speaking of budget, I think you can see in this series how they've bumped it up. When I first saw Centurions I thought they looked noticeably better and they're a lot more liberal with wide shots of New Caprica City. Even so we're not talking massive HBO-style budgets, but they do a good job of making it go a long way. At this rate soon we'll have budgetary miracles like how good Serenity looked on $40 million.

I agree about season two taking a long time to get started, though. It didn't really kick off until Adama came back and the coup storyline ended.

Comment

Any word on when sky one will be showing the third season.

Comment

Just watched episode 3, great stuff again. Episode 4 is going to be immense!

Comment

I can't believe nobody else is posting about season three!

Episode 4 was the best yet, absolutely sublime.

Comment

Just got through watching Episode 4 and that manuever they pull to drop the ships on the planet had me laughing like an idiot at how awesome it was

Between Battlestar and Heroes im spoilt

Comment

I'm completely stunned.

Best episode of BSG ever? Without a doubt.

Comment

I'm completely stunned.

Best episode of BSG ever? Without a doubt.
                  Absolutely, the range of emotions at the end was staggering. It was end-of-season quality, and this is only episode four!

The only other series to reach this quality in a series so quickly is The Shield in season 5.

Comment

It was a rollercoaster episode. I don't know where the BGS team are getting their funding from considering Sci-fi only averages about 1-2 million viewers for them (I think), but the CGI/battle scenes/production/overall scale quality in the latest episode was outstanding. They completely pulled off that city-under-siege feel. That was the great thing about it... it wasn't just the end - the whole episode had dramatic impact left, right and centre.

Galactica jumping into the planet's atmosphere and jumping back out after the vipers had been launched... Oh. My. God. When Adama made that speech in episode three about proclaiming their taking of New Caprica as the makings of a legend, he wasn't kidding. Then you had the whole Starbuck thing with Casey not actually being her child, and Tigh having to kill his wife at the beginning, not to mention the whole Cylon/human baby plot thread, Pegasus being destroyed, Roslin taking back Air Force One, Gaeta threatening to kill Baltar unless the nuke is stopped, Baltar (presumably) heading off with the Cylons to their home world...

All that in what, 40 minutes? Plus a full scale planetry invasion, uprising, a huge space battle and the welcome party in the end?

I mean... ****. Imagine the planning which had to go in to that.

Comment

Tigh having to kill his wife at the beginning

i think the point of that was she knew what she had done, Sol didnt have to kill his wife, she took her own life and she knew she was doing it after she learnt about the impending visit of Galactica, I knew Pegasus was going to go early in the season but i didnt think it would be so early, so who will before the new XO, will Sol retain it or will Adama's son get it since he sacrificed the Pegasus get them out of there

another great episode

Comment

Best episode of television I've ever seen, period.

Comment

Episode 5 anyone?

Didn't quite get how Chief didn't know that Gaeta was the mole, I mean when Gaeta found out about the death lists he *sprinted* to the compound and informed Chief directly!

Comment

Episode 6 - another classic! Easily the best series on at the moment.

Comment

Season 3 starts on sky Jan 9th for those who haven't been downloading it.

Comment

The cliffhanger before its return in January was great stuff as usual, would we loose such a huge lot of the cast though in one go? lets hope not! ( not too spoilerish I hope, the synopsis on many sites says way more )

Comment

Working...
                                X