No announcement yet.

Battlestar Galactica........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finaly saw this the other night.... the shakey camera movement seen in way too many amercan tv shows makes an appearance, which makes the battle sequnces a bit sh*te. other than that not too bad.

and where have i seen that cylon chick before?

Comment

The Cylon "chick" was played by Tricia Helfer - she's not really done that much acting work.

I noticed the new series is down for Jan 2005 in the US. Sky are screening it on Oct 18th. Unless it's a re-run of the mini series.
      Last edited by MartyG; 11-10-2004, 15:07.

Comment

No, it's the new series. We get it before the Yanks...

Comment

Originally posted by kingston lj
          Scorpius is the nastiest most vile villain ever.

" Hello, John "
          He's just like a naff Pinhead...

Comment

Well on the advert it says start of the "mini" series... which would sugest otherwise...

Comment

The Sky listings mag says it's the new series: they're repeating the "mini" series anticipatorily...

Comment

About the miniseries:

Did anyone else spot the (brief) use of the orignal Battlestar Galactica theme music in it?

I thought I heard it at one point, but it was over too quickly for me to check.

Comment

Yep: they play the original (top) theme when the Vipers do their ceremonial flyby...

I think it's supposed to be the colonial anthem...

Comment

Alright what's the difference between a mini-series and an actual series? Have I missed the start of this?

Comment

Originally posted by anephric
                      Yep: they play the original (top) theme when the Vipers do their ceremonial flyby...

I think it's supposed to be the colonial anthem...
                      Yep, that's where I heard it.

Colonial Anthem...I can see how that might be it. Thanks.

Darwock, I think a mini series is like a sampler for a possible new series, consisting of 4-6 episodes. A series would be 13-24 episodes in length.

Don't quote me on that though, as that's just a guess.

Comment

The "mini series" is actually a great honkin' 3-hour film split into 2 parts - Sky have shown it intact at three hours on Sky Movies... they're repeating it on Sky One in the run up to the series proper.

It's gunna b gr8. I tell thee.

Comment

I'm curious, I'll admit, so I'll be watching the pilot episode if nothing else.

Comment

Here in the States the 2-part miniseries will hit DVD in December, and then the new series will launch in January 2005. I really enjoyed the 2-parter, so I'll definitely be watching the series.

Comment

Originally posted by JRMacumber
                              Here in the States the 2-part miniseries will hit DVD in December.
                              Really?

That's unusual, as it's been out in the UK since April at least.

We've had both the DVD and the series before the US , and that doesn't happen very often at all.

Comment

I was gonna say that... reading the last few posts is confusing >_< Great remake though, I'm pleased with how that manage to pull off some totally new stuff but acknowledge the heritage of the series at the same time. I think the characters are pretty damn good, Adama being the best (as it should be).

Comment

Working...
                                X