No announcement yet.

Battlestar Galactica........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commander Adama, sometimes, reminds me of Captain Sheridan, especially some of the speeches he has to give during the mini series.

Although (I think) he lacks the flair that Sheridan has when he's giving a speech, there is definately a small similarity.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanicent
      Really?

That's unusual, as it's been out in the UK since April at least.

We've had both the DVD and the series before the US , and that doesn't happen very often at all.
      They get a decent Special Edition tho.

It is unusual that we get a big SF series ahead of the States (altho I believe we got certain series of Babylon 5 ahead too, as there was a stronger fanbase here).

It's quite a coup for Sky: they must have stumped up reddies for it.

Comment

Did anyone else think the lack of exciting audio in the space scenes was a let down? It's a few weeks since I saw it but that's one thing that stuck out for me.
        John Williams's fault

Comment

I thought it was odd, but it does make a strange kind of sense. There's no air in space, so sound can't be carried, so we wouldn't hear anything.

Comment

yeah 2001 a Space Odyssey had it right!

But for Battlestar Galactica I'd rather have Star Wars style, no science involved craziness I think. And a proper Starbuck while you're at it.

Comment

I really liked the eerily quiet space scenes, and the bombastic, almost tribal percussion.

Really, I can't imagine how this could be any better, really; thought everything had been executed supremely well. Top stuff.

Comment

I've been speculating about something in the Galactica mini series since I first saw it.

I'm going to put it in a different colour so I don't spoil it for those who haven't seen the whole thing yet.

(PLEASE DON'T READ THE FOLLOWING UNLESS YOU'VE SEEN THE WHOLE MINI SERIES, AS IT'LL SPOIL A FEW THINGS!)

Number Six mentions to Dr Baltar that there are twelve models of Cylon, and that she is Number Six. This made me wonder how many we are shown in the mini series. I get the following:

1) Number Six (obviously)
                2) The old model, original series, Centurions (Baltar describes them as "walking chrome toasters")
                3) The new model Centurions, with the transforming hands
                4) The reporter, who gets left behind on Ragnar (can't remember his name)
                5) The Cylon fighters (as one of the Viper pilots mentioned they don't have cockpits)
                6) The new style Cylon Basestars (this one is speculation based on (5))
                7) Lt Valerii/Boomer

Any comments on this?

Thanks.

Comment

I managed to see the first bit of the 2 parter last night - it was quite good... VERY Babylon 5, not that that's a bad thing. All the pointless shagging pissed me off a bit.

But I was expecting proper dead silent space scenes after what I'd read here - they have the same shooty noises and bangs as any other sci-fi show. Nothing silent about it!

Comment

By the way, the advent of human looking Cylons means we're never going to get a remake of that classic episode where Dirk Benedict set up life Robinson Crusoe style with a Cylon 'wife' on a deserted planet.. bloody hilarious, I remember the Cylon taking a huff when Dirk got himself a new lady friend and thumping the table, lol.

Comment

I watched the first part again, and it actually wasn't a big pile of steaming arse. Got the second part all SkyPlused up.

Comment

Couple more things, I thought they said Starbuck was a woman in this one? Seemed like a man to me... and Boomer - he's a big black guy not a small oriental lady.

Comment

They changed a few things for this series, but I think there's a reason for most of them.

I'm not saying what here, until you've seen part 2 though. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Vanicent
                            I've been speculating about something in the Galactica mini series since I first saw it.

I'm going to put it in a different colour so I don't spoil it for those who haven't seen the whole thing yet.

(PLEASE DON'T READ THE FOLLOWING UNLESS YOU'VE SEEN THE WHOLE MINI SERIES, AS IT'LL SPOIL A FEW THINGS!)

Number Six mentions to Dr Baltar that there are twelve models of Cylon, and that she is Number Six. This made me wonder how many we are shown in the mini series. I get the following:

1) Number Six (obviously)
                            2) The old model, original series, Centurions (Baltar describes them as "walking chrome toasters")
                            3) The new model Centurions, with the transforming hands
                            4) The reporter, who gets left behind on Ragnar (can't remember his name)
                            5) The Cylon fighters (as one of the Viper pilots mentioned they don't have cockpits)
                            6) The new style Cylon Basestars (this one is speculation based on (5))
                            7) Lt Valerii/Boomer

Any comments on this?

Thanks.
                            well i think its this..
                            Number six says there are 12 of them and she is number six, i think she is refering to 12 'Human looking' cylons. as at the end you see another 3 of her and boomer and the reporter.

that what took outof it anyway..

Comment

That could be the case, beecee, I never thought of it that way.

Comment

Yep. I think it's the second answer. They're limited prototypes...

Comment

Working...
                                X