Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aye in the cinema there was a special 70mm showing doing the rounds which had a 12 minute break just before dormague's got a secret chapter

The movie runs 18 mins longer but 12 of this is the break, the break we had in Edinburgh was more like 25 mins

It actually came up intermission in the cinema and the curtains and everything came back up
    Last edited by buster_broon; 10-03-2016, 10:55.

Comment

Ah right. When you mentioned 70mm I thought you were watching it in 70mm.

I bought a hotdog during the break.

Clearly there was some subliminal advertising going on a few minutes before

Comment

We were

It was a special one off copy of the movie that did a couple of stops in the UK

Proper projector and everything, think it stopped at the odeon Leicester Square and cinema house in Edinburgh and that's it

**edit**
        I see that was at datadave

Comment

Whoops! I should've said it was for Dave.

Yeah, I went to the first Leicester Square showing. It was a few days before I left the UK to come back to Japan. So glad I got to see it. I brought the programme back with me

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            I was really aware of the amount of smoking in the movie.
            A lot of 80s movies (well, pre-90s as a whole) are like that.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
              Watched Kung Fury on Netflix, if that counts. Bananas.

Still though, if I kickstarted this I would feel short changed!
              WHAAAAAAAT?

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
              And im there everytime they do Terminator liberations salvation grandmas reunion handing over my money still.
              I envy you, but I had enough with Salvation. The franchise is dead to me now; it only has two films - that's it.

Comment

Right, during the start of that chapter one of the characters talks about what happened before the break.

I enjoyed it but the first half was vastly superior to the second, I felt. I think it goes a bit downhill once people start getting shot.

That's really nice hearing about your 70mm experiences. That's exactly how a trip to the cinema should be every time. All films should have an interval, especially ones that run for over 2hrs. They just want to pack as many people into one day as possible now, the rats!

Tonight we're watching The Purge 1 & 2.

Comment

Watching Rocky IV. It's like Nightmare on Elm Street 4 or Last Crusade- perfect for me when I was young but realising now that it's actually one of the weakest. This movie has so little going on. Rocky 1 had the struggle of a man trying to survive and just prove for once that he isn't a failure. Rocky IV has a robot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    Watching Rocky IV. It's like Nightmare on Elm Street 4 or Last Crusade- perfect for me when I was young but realising now that it's actually one of the weakest. This movie has so little going on. Rocky 1 had the struggle of a man trying to survive and just prove for once that he isn't a failure. Rocky IV has a robot.
                    Once rocky left the streets it was curtains really. They are all enjoyable but rocky was this gentle street survivor that just went from being a fish out of water in the second, to almost this caricature of stallone himself in the 3rd and 4th films. Interestingly enough they took 5 back to the streets, and we all know how that went.

5 was weak but it felt more like rocky.

Comment

Yep. I'm working my way up to Rocky Balboa, which I still haven't seen.

Comment

I've just finished watching American Hustle and it was a lot better than I expected. There's a lull in the middle where all the threads start unravelling and it feels adrift, but it brings them all back together brilliantly.

Comment

Seen a couple last night

london has fallen
                          Apart from some Ropey acting and decidedly dodgy special effects this is actually enjoyable - just go in expecting a brainless action flick and you will enjoy it

hail cesar!
                          My partner hated it and fell asleep but I've been wanting to see it for a while and kinda enjoyed it, didn't quite get it all whereas the students beside me where laughing their assess off but some jokes are funny, some really funny but most for me just fell flat, might have been because maybe I don't understand the cinema at the time. When I say I kinda enjoyed it I mean that I got a lot of the jokes but some of it I was like WTF (Scarlett's water sequence) and don't know at the moment why I 'kinda enjoyed' other patrons sounded like it was the best film ever

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
                            Once rocky left the streets it was curtains really. They are all enjoyable but rocky was this gentle street survivor that just went from being a fish out of water in the second, to almost this caricature of stallone himself in the 3rd and 4th films. Interestingly enough they took 5 back to the streets, and we all know how that went.

5 was weak but it felt more like rocky.
                            Rocky IV is like streets of rage 2. Worth it for the awesome soundtrack.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                              Rocky IV is like streets of rage 2. Worth it for the awesome soundtrack.
                              This is true, but its totally offset by the utter cringe fest of the end speech "if i can change, we can change, everybody can change". Its a true entertainer don't get me wrong, but looking at the film now its absolute toilet in many area's.

Still...as long as it has this:

Quick sidenote: dude from karate kid 3 or not?
                              Last edited by PaTaito; 12-03-2016, 13:51.

Comment

That end speech is truly, truly awful. And the people cheering Rocky made zero sense. I'm sure he wrote it with the best of intentions but it was a terrible moment. It's not a good movie. Lundgren played the role really well though. He was impressive.

I watched Goosebumps this morning. I really enjoyed it. The two cops, only in it for a few minutes, were excellent.

Comment

Working...
                                X