X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    Winston.
    Fair enough...

Eddie murphy was offered the role, now that would have been interesting.
    Last edited by PaTaito; 07-03-2016, 23:18.

Comment

'London Has Fallen' was breathtakingly Manifest-Destiny-on-Film.

Unabashed stuff. I wanted to leave but it was fascinatingly proud of what it was to the very end.

Basically 'A Trump Presidency: The Movie'.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        Watched Ghostbusters. Still an excellent movie. The effects are incredible. Can't imagine there are many people left who would know how to pull off these effects now without CG. Weird to think that, in movie history, the rich knowledge of practical effects and hand drawn animation effects and photo processing effects will be just a tiny, tiny blip. Such craftmanship.

Funny movie too. Venkman feels creepy now though and I was really aware of the amount of smoking in the movie. Winston and Janine steal the show for me though.

I need to watch this again. Was very, very young when I watched it, so young I don't remember watching it and just know I did from my brother telling me so.

So I guess that actually means I didn't, really. And it will be new for me. Nice. I think now I'll see it tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by usman View Post
          it was fascinatingly proud of what it was to the very end.
          brilliant description

As for Ghostbusters, please do. I saw it again a few months ago and it was great!

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
            brilliant description

As for Ghostbusters, please do. I saw it again a few months ago and it was great!
            Hah, thank you. Well, at least it didn't tiptoe about. Swear-y president and some White House aide's last words to Sir Butler being a gravely: 'Get those mother^%*&*^!!!!' rounded it out.

Deal, I'll watch Ghostbusters if you watch an episode of 'ニーチェ先生'. I know doramas have scarred many of us but I promise you'll like it!

Opening titles are brilliant themselves:

Last edited by usman; 08-03-2016, 05:15.

Comment

I don't know about that, I enjoyed Xenos

Just finished John Carter and enjoyed it, nice bit of random scifi. Also saw the Poltergeist remake and Harbinger Down on Netflix. Having a horror afternoon it seems.
              Last edited by kryss; 08-03-2016, 05:08.

Comment

No deal

You need to see Ghostbusters because it's universally the right thing to doTM.

The only Japanese drama we watch is 孤独のグルメ

My gf watches one called Unfair now and then but it doesn't interest me. If it's some genre I could just watch in English I don't bother. Gurume is quirky and I love it and there's no English equivalent I'm aware of(The Trip, I guess). Also, I recently found a blog post listing all the restaurants he visits in the programme so we're going to visit some.

Comment

I'm interested in seeing London has Fallen because I've heard how bad it is and it can't possibly be that bad, right?

Over the last few days I've seen The Big Short, which does an almost-excellent job of making a very complex matter easy to digest for simpletons like me. I didn't quite get all of it but I think if I read up a little now I'd understand a lot of what people were talking about. I'd heard "sub-prime" a lot but had no idea what it actually meant until, well, you know.

The Revenant, which everyone's seen by now.

And Spotlight, which I spent most of the film trying to work out what I'd seen Michael Keaton in recently. I looked at IMDB but I'm still not sure, probably Jackie Brown. Really good film though, and quite affecting although not really through anything the film itself does (it's quite "feel-good" in a way) but just that this was allowed to go on in the first place.

Going to see Room later. My cinema trips are like a parade of happiness right now. I might have to go and see Deadpool again to wash all this down.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    You don't like sleazing on women, smoking or boxing? Three great things, especially in combination.
                    That conjures up a great image in my mind of a boxer dodging blows with a cigarette drooping out of his mouth, then retiring to the corner at the end of the round and winking at the girl who carries the round number card - "How yoo dooin/?"

The worst film I've seen about boxing features absolutely no oragnised pugilism whatsoever.

Boxing Helena

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                      And Spotlight, which I spent most of the film trying to work out what I'd seen Michael Keaton in recently. I looked at IMDB but I'm still not sure, probably Jackie Brown. Really good film though
                      Bird man or fast and furious - think that's what I've seen him in recently, I thought spotlight was boring

Cineworld's next unlimited screening is Eddie the eagle in a couple of weeks so have my ticket for that and nice to see the odeon has started its own card called limitless so maybe the cue will follow suit which would be easier for me since they are all closer

Comment

Michael Keaton wasn't in Fast and Furious. Although he should be. *writes to Vin Diesel*

Comment

Sorry need for speed, my bad

Comment

Watched Kung Fury on Netflix, if that counts. Bananas.

Still though, if I kickstarted this I would feel short changed!

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                              Sorry need for speed, my bad
                              I had NO idea he was in that. Now I'm interested.

Comment

I actually think it's not half bad at all, I've seen it once and I was more impressed than I thought I was going to be

Comment

Working...
                                X