No announcement yet.

Alien VII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! I made a thread years ago about my hopes for an Alien 5. I was saying how I always wanted a proper conclusion for Ripley. People were talking about how much they disliked parts 3 & 4. Now... it looks like the fans are going to get what they've always wanted. Great news.

Comment

The final few interviews related to Neill Blomkamp’s sci-fi tale “Chappie” have been taking place, and actress Sigourney Weaver has shared some more thoughts about re-teaming with the filmmaker for the next “Alien” film. Speaking with Variety, Weaver said she thinks the filmmaker’s new chapter in the series will break new ground: “I can’t think […]

Blomkamp discusses the franchise some more

Comment

This is going to be the biggest budget piece of fanfiction since Fifty Shades of Grey. No faith in Blomkamp whatsoever.

Comment

Apparently there's mullings of it being spread over two films but I'd find it incredibly unlikely given the target market and Blomkamps box office track record of late

Comment

I'd find it laughably ironic if he ended up being subject to the same level of studio interference that Fincher was.

Comment

And yet when you consider how his last two movies have reviewed, would you possibly consider giving him free reign if you were paying for this?

Comment

Absolutely not. But then I find it laughable that he was even considered, especially after the mess that is Elysium.

Thought experiment: if enough people don't go to see Chappie, will this get taken off his hands?

Comment

It's an interesting question and one I wondered myself. I have no idea how it's doing but I have suspected Chappie will bomb hard mainly because they didn't seem to be able to market it consistently and also the name. I can't help but feel that it has to be a factor in letting him continue with an Alien movie.

Although my feeling is that this may have ignited enough interest that they'll move forward with a movie even without him.

Comment

Agreed, and Weaver's interest in resurrecting (!) Ripley again probably has the right people hot under the collar. The question of course is if not Blomkamp, who?

Comment

At a pure guess, Chappies low budget should be able to keep it profitable even lowly so I'm wondering if Blomkamp is angling to keep Alien low budget as well to keep it relatively low risk for Fox and keep interference out.

Comment

How convincingly could South Africa pass for deep space?

Comment

Say what you like about recent output, but blomkamp at least has a clear vision in his movies(like ridley i guess), so as long as the script isnt messy like prometheus....gravy. Its the script work in todays AAA films which is always the weakness for me.

As a maker of sci-fi you have to believe he at least actually cares for the series...what sci-fi person wouldn't? Its not without risk but the franchise needs something exactly like this.

Whats the alternative...let feig make it with an all female cast? Bah if only James Cameron would do it.
                          Last edited by PaTaito; 11-03-2015, 06:27.

Comment

To be honest Im pretty sure visually this will be on point, its just the story, script, cast and dialogue they need to sort out as well as having a satisfactory conclusion . . . . . . . . So not much then

Comment

Michael Biehn has confirmed that he is coming back for Alien 5, he even points to the film being targeted for mid-2017

Comment

Despite how much the films vary between each other it doesn't mean Fox isn't trying to keep some semblence of consistency in place it seems

However you feel about Neill Blomkamp’s in the works sequel to the first two “Alien” films, the project is going ahead. Whilst we await and see how “Alien 3” and “Alien: Resurrection” will be (or if) they’ll be acknowledged in the film, it turns out the movie has undergone one change for continuity sake. In […]

Blomkamp confirms he's had to make one change to the film at the request of Ridley Scott so that it doesn't contradict what will be shown in Prometheus 2

Comment

Working...
                                X