No announcement yet.

Alien VII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ridleys got a nerve hasnt he? Makes sh1t movies and is trying to sh1t on someone elses project because its gonna be better than his.

Pi$$ off

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
      To be honest Im pretty sure visually this will be on point, its just the story, script, cast and dialogue they need to sort out as well as having a satisfactory conclusion . . . . . . . . So not much then
      Can't be worse than Prometheus!

Comment

“District 9” and “Elysium” helmer Neill Blomkamp has posted a new piece of concept art from his proposed new “Alien” project along with offering a brief update on where the project currently stands, saying only it is “going very well”. Blomkamp rocked the online movie world in January when he posted concept art designs for […]

Blomkamp has released a new concept art image for the sequel

Comment

Looking good. I wonder what's up with the Koreans here.

Comment

I'm really looking forward to seeing what he does, i don't mind the changes because of P2, i was one of the few that really enjoyed Prometheus.

To be honest the only thing that's bothering me about 5 is bringing Weaver back again, but now Biehns on board and were going full on sequel to Aliens, i have a little more hope that it just might work.

Comment

This past weekend’s London Comic Con saw many stars turning out for panels, one of them being “Alien” series lead Sigourney Weaver. Though it has been nearly twenty years since she last played Ellen Ripley, the role will arguably remain her most iconic and the actress was happy to talk about the ups and downs […]

Weaver says that the AvP films did cost us a Ridley Scott sequel and led to her exit in Alien 3. She also seems to confirm that Alien 3 and Resurrection will remain canon

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/379...ise-of-alien-5

Weaver says that the AvP films did cost us a Ridley Scott sequel and led to her exit in Alien 3. She also seems to confirm that Alien 3 and Resurrection will remain canon
                I've always felt, personally, that Alien 3 was something of a watershed for Hollywood decline, in the way that the Matrix sequels of the Star Wars prequels would later emulate. Too much budget, too much creative freedom, no-one sensible in the room who has the executive power to say "yeah, big time director person, that idea? Yeah, that's ****. You can't do that. You've been told. Now think of something else".

Comment

I don't mind Alien 3 but it's still an odd film. If it was a follow up to the original I think I'd find it easier to swallow as it's more of the same but with it's spin of the humans being a threat as well but following Aliens it was a big step back in every way. I think I'm most hopeful that the new one returns to the Aliens style as that entry nailed how to approach these films once the public knows about what's creeping in the air ducts.

Comment

Blomkampf is coming across as a fanboy but I don't know how to take that. This film can't simply be a homage, it needs to carry the franchise forward or at least improve upon on it (difficult I know). It will always be compared to Aliens so faces an impossible task. At least he appears to love the universe so potentially will fight the studio should they come with any silly decisions.

Comment

I don't mind Alien 3 but it's still an odd film. If it was a follow up to the original I think I'd find it easier to swallow as it's more of the same but with it's spin of the humans being a threat as well but following Aliens it was a big step back in every way. I think I'm most hopeful that the new one returns to the Aliens style as that entry nailed how to approach these films once the public knows about what's creeping in the air ducts.
                      I think it's more the early stuff I heard about it - like the idea that ship was going to be a floating, orbiting monastery space-ship made of wood.

With "sensible person" in the room, that'd be a 2-second joke that's immediately set fire to and thrown out the window. It's the Alien universe, not Asimov.

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                        It will always be compared to Aliens so faces an impossible task.
                        I would have said the same about following Ridley Scott's Alien.

But yeah, I agree with the feeling of the fanboy approach and, from what I hear (haven't seen his recent movies) Blomkamp's record isn't so hot especially when it comes to getting believable performances out of people. And believable performances are key - something Resurrection missed when it went all comic book.

Comment

Yeah I think he struggles with characters. Elysium and Chappie are decent films with strong plotlines but th he main characters are criminally under used. Hugh Jackman in Chappie just made my head hurt.

As he's a fan bit I'm sure he'll do major service to the Alien and Ripley but I am still worried about the rest. The good news is there is nothing to lose here. We haven't had a great entry in the franchise four years and if this sucks it's just another attempt that misses the mark.

Comment

Looks like the Neill Blomkamp-directed direct sequel to “Aliens” could be on hold for a short while according to a new report from Bloody Disgusting. Their sources suggest that though Fox is still keen on the project, it’s said to be on hold until after Ridley Scott gets into production on his proposed “Prometheus” sequel: […]

Apparently Ridley Scott is definitely delaying Alien 5 so that Prometheus 2 remains the immediate focus. Apparently though Fox and Blomkamp will continue working on the new entry as no script is in place. Presumably that means filming won't start till late 2017 unless Prometheus 2 PR or Weavers availability due to Avatar push it back further

Comment

Apparently Ridley Scott is definitely delaying Alien 5 so that Prometheus 2 remains the immediate focus. Apparently though Fox and Blomkamp will continue working on the new entry as no script is in place. Presumably that means filming won't start till late 2017 unless Prometheus 2 PR or Weavers availability due to Avatar push it back further
                              No part of that above paragraph makes me happy.

Comment

Every part makes me happy. Even though the first one was stupid, at least the continuing adventures of David's Head might be interesting if Scott learns from his mistakes.

I'd rather see that than Blomkamp's fingers-in-the-ears approach to Alien's canon, anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X