No announcement yet.

Jeremy Clarkson Fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I've been a fan since Lionel Nimrod's Inexplicable World. Top stuff!

Comment

Just watched the last Top Gear (yeah, I'm a day behind but that's ok) and to be honest I quite enjoyed it. Yeah, I'm pissed out of my head right now but it was a good 70 odd minutes of entertainment. Top Gear will not be Top Gear with out those three idiots. Timew to subscribe to Netfliks.

Comment

It was bittersweet.

I liked the little references to other times that Jezza has found himself in trouble: "incline" on the ski slope made me guffaw.

It'll be interesting to see whether it's Netflix or ITV who get the boys.

I think if ITV give them a show with 60 minutes of content a week (so 75 mins with adverts) and give them Sunday night at 8pm to stick it to Evans and the new Top Gear I can see them going with that.

Comment

Er, Netflix have already got them haven't they?

Comment

There's conflicting reports... so who knows. My money is on Netflix, but we shall see.
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Thought the classic car bit wasn't great, but the three of them are so good together.

Comment

Given the global appeal of these guys, Netflix is a great option for rolling it out to other countries.

Comment

I watched it last night. Usual top quality mayhem/idiocy that is so good.
                  Anyone else notice the cheeky 'elephant in the room' gag next to Hammond & May in the studio?
                  Brilliant!!
                  I'm hoping they are picked up by ITV, altho Ch4 would have maybe given them more freedom to be edgy.
                  If Netflix pick them up then I'll have to cancel my LoveFilm sub & sign up with them instead!!

Comment

Not all sounding great for Chris Evans and the team

Car sickness, struggling to talk and drive etc etc. Well done BBC.

Comment

They do say they are trying to make it more about the car...but i have a feeling that is not why people watched top gear as it was a entertainment show with cars.

Sounds like trying to be like Fifth gear

Will be interesting to see what clarkson does with the new show as the budget really dwarfs what they had with top gear
                      Last edited by eastyy; 19-01-2016, 20:05.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                        Car sickness, struggling to talk and drive etc etc. Well done BBC.
                        Can Metro sound a bit less like "OH WE'RE ****ING LOVING THIS" in their article, though?

It's a man vomiting.

Comment

And here's a clip where Clarkson vomits while trying to drive the Prodrive P2:

Comment

I'm looking forward to the new Top Gear more than the Amazon one.
                            The Clarkson and his stooges were getting really boring with their faked sketches.

I've really enjoyed watching the recent return of TFI Friday and Evans is an effortless host.
                            I think people should give him a chance before dismissing the new Top Gear.

I don't get why people are so defensive of Clarkson. His net worth is $50 Million and earns $4 million a year. He's doing alright.
                            If a co-worker punched you in the face after making months of subtle racist jokes too, I'm sure you'd be upset if their employment contract wasn't assessed by HR!

It's weird seeing the Facebook posts ranting about Evans, Clarkson and the BBC.
                            They're just entertainment shows and now we're getting two of them, where for years there was just one.

Comment

I'm all for it being more about the cars. I did enjoy the 3 amigos pratting about, sure, but I'd still welcome something more like how Top Gear started out. Also, good post Charles, Evans will be alright I reckon; we can at least be fairly sure he won't try to simply ape what went before.

Comment

Also, to be fair, Evans was doing a lap in an Audi R8 with Sabine Schmitz, the one who did the lap in the Nurbrgring in a Transit van, remember?

Of course you remember, it was when the show was must-see and full of memorable challenges!

Comment

Working...
                                X