The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    I really loved the second episode of She-Hulk too but the really short episodes at one a week are tough to take in this day and age. It's over so quickly and quite a wait for the next episode.
    Yeah, put it all up, let us binge!!!!

Comment

Kingsley Returns For Marvel's "Wonder Man" - Dark Horizons
      Ben Kingsley will be returning to the role of Trevor... Trevor Slattery in the Disney+ series Wonder Man

Comment

Pugh's Yelena Leads Marvel's "Thunderbolts"? - Dark Horizons
        Florence Pugh will lead The Thunderbolts as Yelena

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          Pugh's Yelena Leads Marvel's "Thunderbolts"? - Dark Horizons
          Florence Pugh will lead The Thunderbolts as Yelena
          She was the best thing about the Black Widow film by a long margin.

Comment

She-Hulk: Episode 3
            Another good episode, it raises a couple of nerdy questions whilst also answering others but the show continues to scratch that Incredible Hulk follow up itch with enough of its own feel too. The 4th wall breaking moments... they're largely gold but I do feel aware that they lack context so hoping that is addressed.

Comment

Comment

Comment

The cast of Thunderbolts announced:

One of the longest set ups in the MCU will finally get a pay off:

Comment

Love and Thunder

It was middling. Not as bad as I feared. The tonal changes didn’t bother me nearly as much as I thought they would. I think it’s because I’m used to Waititi’s thing. I always said that Ragnarok was a very dark film that softened it all with jokes. This film is the same but the jokes aren’t as tidy. In two Waititi films, we’ve had

the death of Odin, the destruction of Mjolnir, the razing of Asgard and the death of his love.

These are high stakes things, and Waititi’s strategy is high-risk.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed it. Bale is good, and his character contains some of the moral ambiguity that Marvel does quite well.

I have huge issues with the narrative, though. Apologies if they were answered at some point - I might have missed it.

1) Why is Mjolnir’s ability to empower Thor skills to others only being used now?
                    2) Why didn’t someone (like Valkyrie) suggest using Stormbringer to open the BiFrost to Eternity to deal with the Thanos threat?
                    3) Why is the God place only called upon now? Those lads would have been handy in the Infinity fight.
                    4) How does Zeus’ bolt get Thor to Gorr? Is it like a BiFrost thing too?
                    5) When Gorr grabs Stormbringer, why doesn’t Thor just re-summon it?

There seems to be awful lot of ‘making stuff up on the spot’ to write the film out of a hole. Unless there’s good reasons for the above, I’m shocked that it got through Marvel quality control. For a universe that prides itself on an interlinked narrative, it’s pretty lousy.

Comment

It’s definitely very sloppy when it comes to all those aspects.

Comment

I don't know whether there's much credibility to it but rumours are the new head of Disney has pushed for shorter run times in films which could have affected Thors editing but....

Online people seem to have a bit of a hate obsession with the companies new boss and based on past track record and other films run times it's hard to imagine Feige would run with that kind of pressure. I'm more inclined to believe the film just isn't as coherent as whilst Waititi can be good he isn't consistent and L&T, whilst fun, suggests he burned off much of his humour and ideas on Ragnarok.

Comment

Cox On "Daredevil: Born Again" Tone & Restart - Dark Horizons
                          Charlie Cox says that Daredevil: Born Again will not be akin to a fourth season of the Netflix run saying that this version is effectively a fresh take that better fits the MCU.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            Cox On "Daredevil: Born Again" Tone & Restart - Dark Horizons
                            Charlie Cox says that Daredevil: Born Again will not be akin to a fourth season of the Netflix run saying that this version is effectively a fresh take that better fits the MCU.
                            But the Netflix show fitted the mcu just fine? And is already on Disney+, does NOT need rebooting ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              But the Netflix show fitted the mcu just fine?
                              Only for people who liked it. I dropped out after 1.5 episodes because I didn't feel it felt like it. I felt like it would probably be good, but that wasn't what I was looking for on that particular day.

Comment

The original show... honestly... I don't really feel like it was that good a show. It definitely started life as an MCU show but then they went through that push of cutting everything off bar Agent Carter. I think it was broadly the best of a very bad bunch of shows that often were about punching in a corridor. The multiverse element automatically takes care of the canon as both can be part of it, personally I'm more in favour that the actors are carried over and the future content is more in line with the rest of the stuff rather than relying on the dodgy Netflix era stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X