The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    It's in the process of radically reshaping the industry I work in (marketing) and I just have to deal with it. One of the core things that I do, one of my most sellable skills, is my copywriting. That's one of the main bloody things AI does.

It is what it is at the end of the day. Just have to try and work with it as much as you can. I've been trying to integrate ChatGPT and Bing into my work as much as possible because otherwise I'm just going to be left behind.
    I worry that using these tools so much is handing a golden invitation to the bean-counters to look at your work, and figure out, now you've got AI doing 50% of it, how they could get AI to do the other 50%, or, more likely, get an AI to do the other 45 and get some work experience kid to do the last 5.

Normally, when disruptive tools arrived, it was totally the right thing to do, to learn to use them, bring them into your workflow, and improve your work. But we're at a point now where AI can do certain things just better than many people would ever be able to do.

Comment

I mean, yeah, it is. But it’s going to happen whether I personally get on board with it or not. If I refuse to use these tools the more immediate impact on me personally - that I fall behind others doing the same type of work - will be a million times more immediate.

If you can’t beat them (you can’t) join them.

Comment

I think you’re right. But I also think joining them is essentially like training your replacement. Those who use AI to do the job that they once did I think will find they soon aren’t needed in that picture. I get the idea - use the new tools or die out with the dinosaurs. But I think these aren’t actually tools. They’re our replacements.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          I think you’re right. But I also think joining them is essentially like training your replacement. Those who use AI to do the job that they once did I think will find they soon aren’t needed in that picture. I get the idea - use the new tools or die out with the dinosaurs. But I think these aren’t actually tools. They’re our replacements.
          I also can't help feel that I've been working in the entertainment industry, in various forms, for quite a few years now, and I guess I just hoped that at some point I'd hit it big with something and that'd be how I retire. Now, I feel like the clock has run out on that unless I come up with something in literally the next few months.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            I also can't help feel that I've been working in the entertainment industry, in various forms, for quite a few years now, and I guess I just hoped that at some point I'd hit it big with something and that'd be how I retire. Now, I feel like the clock has run out on that unless I come up with something in literally the next few months.
            Yep, I hear that. I’ve spent two decades building a career and with some moderate success too and yet I have no idea now how long I’ve got left with AI. Retirement plan? No idea. I can’t see a point at which I can afford not to work and yet actually being employable won’t always be easy.

Comment

At least we will have an endless succession of AI-produced Marvel films to watch once we're warehoused like so much human detritus to act as batteries for the robots. (Bringing the thread back on topic)
              Last edited by wakka; 28-06-2023, 21:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                Did you check your contract for your Star Wars clip? Your work has most likely already been hoovered up by the bots.

Comment

Valve appears to be not approving any games with Ai generated art on steam, unless you can prove you have to rights to use said assets the Ai was trained on, which is good.

Last edited by fishbowlhead; 29-06-2023, 10:53.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    Your work has most likely already been hoovered up by the bots.
                    Exactly. And contracts don’t even matter right now in that nobody actually gave permission for their work to be added to AI databases or used as AI reference. It was all used regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

Literally, an industry that owes everything - everything - to the creativity of writers and artists has removed them from the equasion.

Really frustrating because I want to watch this, but how the hell do you fight back against it?
                      You fight back like this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...-class-action/

I’ve been waiting for this. OpenAI is literally scraping other people’s work off the internet and then selling it as their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        You fight back like this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...-class-action/

I’ve been waiting for this. OpenAI is literally scraping other people’s work off the internet and then selling it as their own.
                        Absolutely, it’s completely illegal and unethical what they’ve done with ai.

Comment

"Deadpool 3" Cameo Rumor Heats Up - Dark Horizons
                          Deadpool 3 may link in somewhat with

Comment

Don't Expect "Shang Chi 2" Until 2026 - Dark Horizons
                            Highlighting the other issue with Marvels hard push during Phase 4 of expanding its heroes line up massively - Shang Chi 2 won't see a sequel until at least 2026

Comment

"Deadpool 3" To Be "As Hard R As Ever" - Dark Horizons

Comment

Another character from the past looks set to appear in Deadpool 3 and it's not who you think...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ra-1235530539/
                                Jennifer Garner returns after 20 years as Elektra

Comment

Working...
                                X