Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actor…?

Comment

I had no idea this was happening but that seems like perfect casting, financially speaking.

Comment

I've only seen him in Bullet Train where he has no lines

Comment

I mean, he probably wouldn't be good. But he is absolutely massive in seemingly half the world (not the UK as far as I know). I heard about him when he turned up in WWE and had some staggeringly good matches considering he has had zero previous training or experience.

So, playing a wrestler in a Sony Marvel film is perfect in that respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            Ugh, really... Disney already have all the money in the world. That's ridiculous.

Is it all dreamy-smeary? Like that video (the self-aggrandising morons at) Corridor Crew said was going to revolutionise anime a few months back?
            Shareholders, shareholders, shareholders. The only way for a lot of these big top 100 companies to increase shares and profit margins is to skin workforces to the bone with AI.

Comment

I’m sure it was a combination of things, with a big factor probably someone just being excited about getting in early on using AI for something like this. In a way, it’s groundbreaking and it’s a story in itself. But yeah, I bet there are people in there watching it happen and running the numbers and imagining how much money they’ll save in the future as AI improves.

Comment

People like designers will be the first to go. Why pay a person or team to come up with cool armours, or costumes or sets, when you can just ask Midjourney to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  People like designers will be the first to go. Why pay a person or team to come up with cool armours, or costumes or sets, when you can just ask Midjourney to do it.
                  We're actually going to enter something of a media dark age here, if this happens.

AI can do a lot of things but ultimately it's just recombining and reworking what has come before. If the MCU's art becomes AI-driven, it's tantamount to Disney making a policy of "rehashing what we've been doing so far is good enough".

The very worst part of it is you do need humans to work with the AI tools for them to work, because they can't just make quality completed movies on their own. But then, we've basically asked a computer to do fun creative stuff, and got a human to do the laborious drudgery. I can't help feel that somehow we've found a way to turn things backwards!

Comment

And even Midjourney doesn't have a repository of all human art. So it's still mixing a limited selection of art.

Its a terrible move. No new ideas, just combine and recycle what we've done before. It breeds weakness.

Comment

We're actually going to enter something of a media dark age here, if this happens.

AI can do a lot of things but ultimately it's just recombining and reworking what has come before. If the MCU's art becomes AI-driven, it's tantamount to Disney making a policy of "rehashing what we've been doing so far is good enough".

The very worst part of it is you do need humans to work with the AI tools for them to work, because they can't just make quality completed movies on their own. But then, we've basically asked a computer to do fun creative stuff, and got a human to do the laborious drudgery. I can't help feel that somehow we've found a way to turn things backwards!
                      Pretty much everything you’ve written is correct as of June 2023. But seeing the advances in just 12 months, I don’t think it will be true for all that long. I’ve already seen many examples of what I’d call genuine creativity in AI. It’s essentially accidental and as a result of errors or misinterpretation but it’s there. And the need for humans to wrangle the AI will only go down. I already know of a media company using ChatGPT to work on its Midjourney prompts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        Pretty much everything you’ve written is correct as of June 2023. But seeing the advances in just 12 months, I don’t think it will be true for all that long. I’ve already seen many examples of what I’d call genuine creativity in AI. It’s essentially accidental and as a result of errors or misinterpretation but it’s there. And the need for humans to wrangle the AI will only go down. I already know of a media company using ChatGPT to work on its Midjourney prompts.
                        I won't accept AI as legitimate media for as long as I can, though. My own job depends on it.

Comment

I won't accept AI as legitimate media for as long as I can, though. My own job depends on it.
                          Same. I’m just not sure how we win that. I’m not feeling optimistic.

Comment

"Gentlemen, I present to you the Marvel AI Writer. I have just provided it with the data sets of Quips, CG Action, Post-Credits and Sky Beam and it will now create for us the next MCU movie script meaning we no longer require paid human writers anymore"

"It has provided us with a script and has asked us what it should do next. The script is called Thor: Love... and... Thunder..."

"I am now telling the Marvel AI Writer exactly what it can do next"

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              Same. I’m just not sure how we win that. I’m not feeling optimistic.
                              The only way would be to either every artist & writer go on strike world wide, or re-train in a different field that Ai can’t possibly do, until human form robots with good dexterity come along with power packs that last 24hrs that is, then we’re all knackered.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                                The only way would be to either every artist & writer go on strike world wide, or re-train in a different field that Ai can’t possibly do, until human form robots with good dexterity come along with power packs that last 24hrs that is, then we’re all knackered.
                                It's really worrisome. I'm ~20-30 years from retirement, and about halfway through a career. I'm actively looking at whether I should try to move into management.

Comment

Working...
                                X