No announcement yet.

The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weirdly my curiosity for Eternals has risen a little, the reviews are out and they're probably circling around the weakest Marvel has seen in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      Weirdly my curiosity for Eternals has risen a little, the reviews are out and they're probably circling around the weakest Marvel has seen in a long time.
      I came away from the trailer pre-Dune as very interested in it, despite having no interest before that - so, good trailer I guess?

Comment

Jeremy Renner says that Hawkeye is set during the present day Christmas that it airs in, just shy of real time.

Presenting... an opportunity to out nerd Renner! Why? Because that isn't possible, the show would have to take place in December 2023 because that is the 'current date' time that the MCU exists in post-Endgame

Comment

They worked together on “Ghostbusters: Afterlife,” now it seems Bill Murray will be re-teaming with actor Paul Rudd for another feature which is also Murray’s first Marvel Studios title. In an interview with the German newspaper, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (via Variety), Murray has seemingly let slip that he will make an appearance in Peyton Reed’s […]

Bill Murray has confirmed he will be making an appearance in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania but also makes it clear it's a one off gig for him

Comment

Trailer 2 leaks for Morbius and Sony continues to go all in on merging their films into the MCU

EDIT - Taken down but said to be officially released later today
            Last edited by Neon Ignition; 02-11-2021, 09:44.

Comment

Unverified rumour that Jim Carrey has been cast for multiple projects as MODOK

Comment

Comment

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainm...rtan-ntp-feeds
                  Unverified rumour that Jim Carrey has been cast for multiple projects as MODOK
                  MODOK is such an odd character to introduce. It would look so weird on the big screen, especially if it was Jim Carreys massive head up there.

Comment

https://www.darkhorizons.com/bill-mu...e-new-ant-man/
                    Bill Murray has confirmed he will be making an appearance in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania but also makes it clear it's a one off gig for him
                    Likewise, Bill Murray is one of those actors who just play themselves and think it would ruin what little suspension of reality there is in what's already one of the lightest Marvel series.

Comment

Thought the Morbius trailer looks pretty good.

Comment

Though the likes of “Thor: The Dark World” and “The Incredible Hulk” had mixed reviews, Marvel Studios has still been able to score ‘fresh’ ratings from critics on Rotten Tomatoes with the 25 films prior to this month scoring no less than 66%. That consistent track record has now been broken as the new “Eternals” […]

Probably not but potentially a slight insight into how there might be a brutal side to the aggressive scheduling slate that Marvel uses in making its MCU movies as with Eternals scoring the franchises worst reviews one of Marvel's producers has already outlined that they might not necessarily make a sequel to the film which if that was the case would make Eternals most like The Incredible Hulk, an expensive introduction to supporting characters.

Comment

The main thing that strikes me about the MCU right now is that I don't know what the major next arc is; like I still feel we're dealing with the aftermath of Endgame, what with Spiderman Far From Home being literally about that and Black Widow being a midquel (I haven't seen Shang Chi or Eternals yet).

Also. X-Men. When.

Comment

I feel like for most of the MCU’s history, I didn’t know where the major arc is. I would barely call anything we saw an arc, it was a sprinkling of references that gained relevance in a two-part movie event. And yes, that event was so big that it’s tough to follow but I feel like it’s important to focus on whether the movies are enjoyable or not rather than wondering what the next Endgame is, because that’s probably a long way off.

With that in mind, I’m looking forward to Shang Chi hitting Disney+ but I will likely skip The Eternals.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              I feel like for most of the MCU’s history, I didn’t know where the major arc is. I would barely call anything we saw an arc, it was a sprinkling of references that gained relevance in a two-part movie event. And yes, that event was so big that it’s tough to follow but I feel like it’s important to focus on whether the movies are enjoyable or not rather than wondering what the next Endgame is, because that’s probably a long way off.
                              I mean, Iron Man 2 (the second movie, as the Hulk movie was kinda made part of the series retroactively when the concept existed) laid out that they were going to build towards something resembling The Avengers. Then, as they built towards Avengers Assemble, they had bits show up in various movies which pointed to how they were going to do a movie version of the "War of the Gems", stuff from the comics, so by the time Avengers Assemble was in cinemas, it was clear that the movies were going in that direction.

Endgame wisely brought things to such a peak, it's totally wise for them to "lie fallow" for a bit. But as a fan, I'm still keen to know what's going to come next

Comment

Having a direction still barely qualifies as an arc. If you were to remove the stuff that had relevance in a next movie, most of the movies would be totally intact, Iron Man 2 probably a better film for it too - one of the only films where trying to plant stuff for other movies was clumsy. Most MCU movies have been either self-contained or pretty much self-contained within their own series. We didn’t need to know how each movie would contribute to an arc to see it. That was only something that became a thing quite late into it and, really, only three films need a bit of prior knowledge - Civil War, Infinity War and Endgame. I think you’re seeing more than was actually here. Most ‘arc’ stuff was contained in 1-minute long post-credit sequences.

Comment

Working...
                                X