Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely out of all the films I have seen, that third LotR film has the most endings so that’s something.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      Definitely out of all the films I have seen, that third LotR film has the most endings so that’s something.
      It's that or Wayne's World.

Comment

Pretty sure it has more endings than Wayne’s World and Wayne’s World 2 combined. Let’s be honest though, Wayne’s World is funnier so that’s a big black mark against LotR.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Pretty sure it has more endings than Wayne’s World and Wayne’s World 2 combined. Let’s be honest though, Wayne’s World is funnier so that’s a big black mark against LotR.
          ...and no Scooby Doo ending either, so maybe I might rescind its legendary status.

Comment

I watched Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. The less said about it the better. Its a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
              I watched Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. The less said about it the better. Its a mess.
              I wouldn't say its a mess. An average Summer film though? Very much so. The part of the film in the mansion was quite interesting and Chris Pratt was his usual funny self. However the film is too long and uses every cliché you can name in the book.

I liked that the young actress seems to be from Northern England which is nice to see rather than they use a familiar face. Hopefully she'll blossom into an acting heavyweight but time will tell.
              Last edited by Paddy; 08-07-2018, 16:11.

Comment

Geostorm

Just as bad as it sounds. It also had Andy Garcia as the president. I'd forgotten his name until the final scenes and it was bugging me enough to detract from what little enjoyment I was getting from the film. I could've checked IMDb but I wanted to exercise my brain and also my phone was over there on the dining table. I remembered a few minutes before the credits so I could've just switched my brain off and been told who he was.

Comment

The Exorcist
                  I've seen this several times now over my life and it remains, as it ever was and ever will be... utter c***.

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol
                  Still the best one

Comment

Sicario. After seeing Soldado this week I was hyped to watch the first one again so picked up only our second (and also by Dennis Villeneuve) 4K blu. The film is as I remember in the cinema - a masterpiece. The 4K blu is a real showcase for the format too. The Dolby Atmos sound is something else.

Comment

Spider man 1 and 2 (again)
                      Watched both on my projector this weekend just gone.
                      I think it's clear that The Amazing Spiderman will never quite live up to the originals.
                      Watching 3 next weekend.
                      Last edited by Solar; 09-07-2018, 16:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Solar View Post
                        I think it's clear that The Amazing Spiderman will never quite live up to the originals.
                        Watching 3 next weekend.
                        I can't help thinking:
                        I think it's clear that the new Star Wars films will never compare to the older ones.
                        Watching A Phantom Menace next weekend.

But then I haven't watched Spider-Man 3 in a while. Maybe it hasn't aged all that badly.

Comment

I saw Deadpool 2 the week it came out. I enjoyed it but think it could've done with a better main villain. The end credits bit was the highlight of the film. The screening was packed but the audience didn't laugh at a lot of the funny bits or they just didn't get some of the reference and jokes.

Comment

You were probably sat with SupermanFalls and his mates.

Comment

Funnily enough that went right over my head!

Comment

Another Horror Channel movie nobody's ever heard of, this time an actual decent one, 'Grabbers'. Odd little Irish monster movie set on a place like Craggy Island, some weird Lovecraftian tendril-monsters attack the shoreline, kill a few locals, then it's discovered they hate the taste of alcohol so a pub lock-in is assembled.

It's got a gentle feel, like a low key version of the vibe from the Pegg 'Cornetto' movies, it's not always aiming for the huge laffz but gets by on being amiable and amusing.

Bit of a gem, this, I'm not saying it's the best movie in the world but it's all good, lovely locale and cinematography, a cool orchestral score, great acting, good practical fx and CGI that actually merges well with the movie. It's really kinda impressive after some of the dreck I've seen on THC, it actually feels like it tries.

Comment

Working...
                                X