Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've been watching family films in the camper van for the last week: Mrs Doubtfire, Goonies, We Bought A Zoo, Ghostbusters, etc, etc

@randombs I'm really looking forward to watching It. Just on the last chapter or two in the book, which has knocked me for a six and I'm going to need more Derry when it's over.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      Ghostbusters, etc, etc

Comment

Deadpool and Deadpool 2. Both awesome. No **** biscuits here. I give them 10 ****cicles out of ten.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
          I'll watch that when I'm not at work!

I've posted before but Ray Parker Jr. copied a Huey Lewis song.
          Lewis sued Ray Parker Jr., but they settled out of court with the caveat he won't ever mention it.
          Decades later, Huey Lewis mentioned it in a documentary and Ray Parker Jr. successfully counter-sued Huey Lewis!

I recently re-watched the Ghostbusters video and it's really creepy.
          Not in a spooky way, but in a sexual way.
          RPJ is creeping around some scantily-clad beauty's house, perving on her.
          Here, watch it with the sound off...

Comment

Been on a huge The Lonely Island binge on Spotify the past few days so watched Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping tonight.

Just brilliant fun. With some brilliant cameos. Certainly helps that the boys were on SNL for a while.

Comment

Yeah I really enjoyed that movie. Watched The Breakfast Club again. They didn’t eat breakfast. 2/10.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                Yeah I really enjoyed that movie. Watched The Breakfast Club again. They didn’t eat breakfast. 2/10.
                You're not going to enjoy The Naked Lunch

Comment

@ both of the above posts.

Recently I've watched American Made and The Disaster Artist.

American Made is a Tom Cruise film, and quite a good one. That's the most succinct way I can describe it. The increasingly disconcertingly ageless Cruise lends his usual enthusiasm to a heavily fictionalised version of the life of Barry Seal, an airline pilot who is asked to fly a spy plane for the CIA and ends up two timing them with Medellin Cartel, flying massive amounts of coke into the US. Schlocky, fun, easy watching stuff with some really well done plane stunts. Nice surround track.

The Disaster Artist is an odd duck. It purports to be a comedy, but there aren't a lot of laughs and a lot of it is a bit depressing. It's an enjoyable film though, following the wacky true story of a wannabe actor who meets an oddball 40 something with a thick Eastern European accent who claims to be an American 19 year old. When they both fail at breaking the acting biz in LA, they decide to make their own film to act in, which ends up being 'The Room', eventually known as 'the best worst film of all time'. Interesting one.

Stuck on Touch of Evil last night but was too tired and started dropping off. Seemed good though.

Got Phantasm to watch for the first time tonight, the Arrow release. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Watched the orig Evil Dead on Fri nite for teh first time in about twenty two years, for like the third time. I always 'liked' it but was never a fan. I have newfound respect. It is AMAZING!!!!

Watched remake tonight. Oh so crap. They made it generic, took all the vivid away. Ugh.

Comment

I've recently watched a couple from Aronofsky:

mother! - what can I say this was one very ****ing weird movie but strangely enough I really liked it. Some of the **** though...wow. The allegory was a laid on a bit thick but I liked where it went. Took me a while to cotton on I must admit.

The Fountain - I love this movie it's as good as I remember. The missus didn't like it (she didn't like mother either lol). I would have liked more, but I get the budget constraints caused it thus.

Comment

We went to the cinema today to see Incredibles 2... very enjoyable.

Comment

Also saw The Incredibles 2.

Ruddy loved every minute of it

The Lego Movie

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME

Comment

Kong: Skull Island
                            Enjoyed the rewatch, interesting second time around as to how useless Loki and Captain Marvel mostly are in the film. Still an easier, breezier watch than Godzilla.

Candyman
                            Not seen this in a ton of years and man, what a bad film

Robin Williams: Come Inside My Mind
                            Some good footage and interesting nuggets in this but it doesn't really go deep on several areas including his death

Precious Cargo
                            Stars Saved by the Bells Zack and Bruce Willis and again, utterly awful

Comment

Some of the best films ever made in 4K and HDR - There is a GOD

Comment

I recently watched the 3D version of Predator and it looked great.
                                Loads of layers and depth with the jungle foliage.

Comment

Working...
                                X