No announcement yet.

Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1' Sets New Release Date (collider.com)
    Release moved forward by two days

Comment

I'm actually not going to watch this trailer:

Comment

this looks absolutely sick

Comment

Solo running shot overload. I'm in!

Comment

Oh posh English lass from Captain America is in it. I’m in. Hopefully she’s not adopting a mid Atlantic accent.

Comment

Yeah it looks good. Pretty much more of the same which is fine. Wasn't a big fan of the last one though.

Comment

To be honest I can't remember much about the last few (except for the amazing stunts) but I'll never forget the motorbike duel. Mr Woo we salute you Sir.

Actually the chopper duel with Superman/Geralt was pretty rad as well.

I might need to do a MI marathon.....

Comment

So I've started my MI marathon ; it might get stalled as Rogue Nation and Fallout don't seem to be on any streaming service that I can find.....anyways

Mission Impossible - a very competent movie remake of the series. Poor old Emilio Estevez and Kristen Scott Thomas are blink and you miss them cameos which is a shame, I'm definitely an Emilio fanboy. Tom Cruise does a pretty good job, this one is way more sneaky sneaky than shooty shooty but still has some amazing action sequences, the train one still holds up despite the age of the film. I love seeing movies where I have actually been so seeing Liverpool St Station where I used to work in the City many moons ago is very cool. A good start to the film series.

Mission Impossible II - quite possibly the GOAT MI. Hadn't seen all of it in AGES. As above I loved seeing all the familiar bits of Sydney, I used to work in the Biocyte Pharmaceuticals building and where the awesome motorbike duel happens and island hideout are literally down the road from where I live. This is so over the top, slo mo, trademark birds, gun fu, Richard Roxborough playing a baddie south African with dodgy accent, awesome action sequences and Thandiwe Newton just being so dam HOT. Has a good amount of the subterfuge as well. Oh and Anthony Hopkins is 100% the BEST head of IMF. Such a badass.

Mission Impossible III - I am in two minds about this, in one regard it's all there, great evil bad guy, some great action sequences (drone rescue sequence on the bridge is bloody amazing), the subterfuge is good, but to be honest Maggie Q and Jonthan Rhys Myers are just wasted and have pretty much zero screen presence (hot dress Maggie scene excluded of course) 2. I didn't really get into the whole Ethan Hunt retired living a normal life thing. The climax is disappointing, the way the bad guy gets it total deus ex machina I didn't like that at all. The weakest so far.

Ghost Protocol next!

Comment

Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol - I actually think this is worse than 3 (it's definitely borderline), Phillip Seymour Hoffman is a WAY better evil dude than Michael Nyquist and the story in 3 was more compelling for me. This is a group of (admittedly fantastic) action scenes set against specific landmarks/backdrops with a pretty crappy story to try and tie it all together. I don't mind Renner in this one, Pegg is Pegg and at least the female team member this time around gets a bit more to do and some nice action scenes but still seems a little bit wasted to me. The stuff on the Burj Khalifa is still pretty mind blowing.

Comment

[MENTION=4146]Finsbury Girl[/MENTION] Mission Impossible II is terrible though! It's like a far worse version of Face/Off and that takes some doing even for John Woo!!

Comment

[MENTION=4146]Finsbury Girl[/MENTION] I think the later MI films are on Paramount+.

You can get your first month for half price if you've not used the service before.

It looks like the only way I'll get to watch Scream 4 after watching the others this last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                          @Finsbury Girl Mission Impossible II is terrible though! It's like a far worse version of Face/Off and that takes some doing even for John Woo!!
                          I guess I'm a sucker for the Woo style, fully accept it's not everyone's cup of tea

Comment

Mission Impossible II is only actually 45 minutes long if you watch it at normal speed.....

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                              I guess I'm a sucker for the Woo style, fully accept it's not everyone's cup of tea
                              I don't mind John Woo's style too much either. At least Face/Off is enjoyable, I'll say that much!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X