No announcement yet.

The Star Trek Cinematic Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find that Lower Decks being canon is really jarring, making the show is one thing but merging it with the others rather than just outright spoofing itself...

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
      I don't know what's happened to Strange New Worlds season 2, but writing quality has really dipped - very disappointing compared to season 1, now with a terrible crossover with Lower Decks

What it does show is that Lower Decks isn't bad because it's animated, it's bad because the characters in it are so unlikeable coupled with writing that's mostly Memes.
      Phew; I was worried the crossover was going to be bad - but if you dislike Lower Decks on its own then that means I'll probably like it

Comment

If you like the memes of Lower Decks then probably - but it's completely jarring and a bad fit for SNW - it's just another overused time-travel trope, just with LD baggage.

Overall S2 is a step down from the stories in S1 imo.

Comment

Okay, I think I'm done with Strange New Worlds - just when you thought it couldn't get any lower, they do a musical episode - this isn't what I want from a science fiction series.
          Last edited by MartyG; 04-08-2023, 17:51.

Comment

First Look | Star Trek: Prodigy - Season 2, Episode 1 | Star Trek
            First clip of Star Trek: Prodigy Season 02 and the return of The Doctor as well as the introduction of the USS Voyager-A

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              First Look | Star Trek: Prodigy - Season 2, Episode 1 | Star Trek
              First clip of Star Trek: Prodigy Season 02 and the return of The Doctor as well as the introduction of the USS Voyager-A
              I thought that'd been cancelled?

Comment

It has been, but during production of the second season so it'll be the last and for some reason not on Paramount+

Comment

"Star Trek: Discovery" Ending Was Unexpected - Dark Horizons
                  Quite possibly not a promising sign, the final episode of Star Trek: Discovery was already half shot when the cast and crew found out that the show had been cancelled resulting in last minute rewrites and shooting to adapt it into a show ending finale

Comment

Thought the more recent seasons of Discovery were a big improvement over the first two, so a bit of a shame to see it cancelled as it was finding its feet. Strange New Worlds is going in the opposite direction, S2 I thought was generally awful compared to the first.

Comment

Five New "Star Trek" Animated Shorts Set - Dark Horizons
                      Starting from the 08 September and then on each Wednesday for the following four weeks Paramount will release an episode of Star Trek: Very Short Treks on their Youtube channel

Comment

Beer Says "Star Trek 4" Still Chugging Along - Dark Horizons
                        Star Trek XIV remains a distant dream

Comment

Comment

So... Sealab 2021?

Comment

Netflix Saves Axed "Star Trek: Prodigy" - Dark Horizons
                              Netflix have stepped in and picked up Star Trek: Prodigy

Before the end of this year the streaming service will add all 24 episodes of Season 1 to its line up. The still unaired Season 2 will then be released at some point during 2024. The deal means that fans will get to see all produced episodes of the show that Paramount removed from its own service a few months ago but doesn't go as far as to greenlight further seasons.

Comment

Kurtzman, Cudi Offer A Little "Star Trek" News - Dark Horizons
                                Writing appears to have resumed on Star Trek: Starfleet Academy which seems to be set in the 32nd Century
                                All other ST's appear to be still stalled

Comment

Working...
                                X