Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^yeah, I've watched loads of stuff on martial arts fakes...but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy the fun of the fantasy!!!

I mean, this has BOLO. It's like SF2 before SF2! Kumite!!!!!

Comment

I don't know if @QualityChimp will recall this, but when I was watching the end of Ip Man 4 I started chanting Kumite, Kumite. Not loud or anything but the people in the cinema were stone faced.

For Sf2 have you seen Master of the Flying Guillotine?

Comment

Ha! I don't remember that, just that it was a great night!

I was going to page [MENTION=2725]Baseley09[/MENTION] for some suggestions, but he's already on it!

Other suggestions:
        Life-force
        Moontrap
        Explorers
        Enemy Mine
        Krill
        Halloween III
        Alligator
        Looker
        Blood Beach
        Trespass
        Monolith

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
            For Sf2 have you seen Master of the Flying Guillotine?
            Yeah, I had the old 'video nasty' uncut UK VHS back in the day (the one with the brill cover)!!!

Such a load of fun, does not disappoint!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

I was going to page [MENTION=2725]Baseley09[/MENTION] for some suggestions, but he's already on it!

Other suggestions:
              Life-force
              Moontrap
              Explorers
              Enemy Mine
              Krill
              Halloween III
              Alligator
              Looker
              Blood Beach
              Trespass
              Monolith
              Nice few of these at the bottom of the list I havnt seen, Looker only recently came on my radar...as did this, Solarbabies 0_o

Comment

Has anyone seen the Crackerjack series? It's a Lethal Weapon type Die Hard thing with the main actor changing. In the first there's a surprise birthday party for him and he just smacks someone in the face. More a 90s film so I guess I'll take 80s or 90s trash.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

I was going to page @Baseley09 for some suggestions, but he's already on it!

Other suggestions:
                  Life-force
                  Moontrap
                  Explorers
                  Enemy Mine
                  Krill
                  Halloween III
                  Alligator
                  Looker
                  Blood Beach
                  Trespass
                  Monolith
                  Some top hand pickers there chumpee!

Comment

Rewatched AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON for the first time in 33yrs, tonite.

I could actually still recommend it, it's vivid, quirky, gory, fresh n' funky fun, barrels along. And *that* theme to 'SEE YOU NEXT WEDNESDAY'...it STILL stirs my loins.

What a film. Old, now, but still...WHAT a film!!!!

Comment

Actually a very effective werewolf, also. Werewolf FX-wise, I didn't really notice anything to gripe about, it felt adequately convincing throughout, even the Piccadilly Circus rampage bit. Very effective and raw.

It's actually the best werewolf movie ever made and likely the most effective 'comedy horror'. I'd say the 1984 GHOSTBUSTERS was a weaker version of this...simply because it's not a scary film at all.

This has the glib, urbane comedy of GB...but married to a very powerful-feeling threat. It's very clever and it works.

Pure class.

Comment

I watched Midnight Run. Didn’t like it. Calm down, Danny Elfman.

Also watched Don Jon and I thought that was really good. A simple character film that was really well made. Quite funny in places too but never enough to undermine the human elements. It’s a good movie.

Comment

Jaws 2
                          The one I remember the least from, a much slower retread of the original so merely passable

Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey
                          Still pretty cringey to watch but was an interesting turn that they avoided going down the time travel route again so heavily and effectively also gave it an 'ending' of sorts at the very end.

Comment

I'm a mega fan of Gattaca, it's one of the best science fiction films etc but never seen Andrew Niccol's In Time...until now. Deffo a bit of trying for lightening to strike twice, the concept is good no doubt, they robbed some of the styling from Gattaca and bits do look decent, but really it's miles off overall. Justin Timberlake is an actor, ill give him that but they didn't really know where to go with this story, it's enjoyable but barely resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              I watched Midnight Run. Didn’t like it. Calm down, Danny Elfman.

Also watched Don Jon and I thought that was really good. A simple character film that was really well made. Quite funny in places too but never enough to undermine the human elements. It’s a good movie.
                              I do like Midnight Run.

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                              I'm a mega fan of Gattaca, it's one of the best science fiction films etc but never seen Andrew Niccol's In Time...until now. Deffo a bit of trying for lightening to strike twice, the concept is good no doubt, they robbed some of the styling from Gattaca and bits do look decent, but really it's miles off overall. Justin Timberlake is an actor, ill give him that but they didn't really know where to go with this story, it's enjoyable but barely resolved.
                              Never seen In Time, think there's a short called The Price of Life (?) or something with that concept.

Comment

Never seen In Time, think there's a short called The Price of Life (?) or something with that concept.
                                Oh yes how interesting, thanks I'll seek it out

Here https://youtu.be/oRurZ7TlACc

Last edited by Baseley09; 06-10-2020, 17:21.

Comment

Working...
                                X