Rick & Morty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Solar Opposites has revealed that actor Dan Stevens will be replacing Roiland via a trailer for the new season that tackles the issue of replacing the sound of his voice as directly as it can:

Comment

Ahhh shiitt!! What is going on,?!!

I came here to say how cool new season is and how much I love the show but obviously I need to do some Google searching to see some missed context! Haha 😄
        Damn. What have I missed?...
        ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Basically, he was arrested and charged with felony domestic battery and false imprisonment over an alleged incident in January 2020 with a woman he was reportedly dating at the time.

After the charges were announced, multiple people came forward with their own allegations of abuse by Roiland, including claims on Twitter of predatory behaviour towards minors. There were screenshots of conversations you really shouldn't be having with teenage fans.

He was also accused of sexual harassment of a female writer in the third season of Rick and Morty, and other uncomfortable behavior in the workplace.

He was fired by Cartoon Network and R&M and Solar Opposites would recast and work without him.
          He resigned from Squanch Games.

In March 2023, the charges were dropped for insufficient evidence and he tweeted he is "determined to move forward and focus both on my creative projects and restoring my good name".

However, he remains off the shows he co-created and his actions are enough to leave a big question mark over him.

Funnily enough, Adam, we have a thread at the moment discussing if you can separate art from artist and this is a prime example where someone hasn't been found guilty in court for anything, but the amount of accusations being levelled at them makes you uncomfortable and have to decide if you want to continue supporting them or not.
          Last edited by QualityChimp; 21-06-2023, 11:42.

Comment

I had no idea that was bubbling along - Thank you for taking the time to inform me buddy
            ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

"Rick and Morty" Team On Voice Recasting - Dark Horizons
              Rick & Morty: Season 07 is said to be not far off now and confirmation came that whoever is cast to take on the voices of Rick, Morty etc will be someone who sounds the same as Roiland rather than copy Solar Opposites and purposefully go completely different.

Comment

Comment

I can tell the difference in the voices but it's very minor

Comment

A "Rick and Morty" Film Has Been Discussed - Dark Horizons

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post

I can tell the difference in the voices but it's very minor
                      Its more of a problem when Rick gets excited that it starts to not work, I'm sure once you start watching it it will become less noticeable.

Comment

"Rick and Morty" S8 In 2025, Anime Trailer - Dark Horizons
                        Rick and Morty: Season 08 won't air until 2025

However, Ricky and Morty - The Anime: Season 01 will air this year

Comment

Working...
                        X