Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ride isn't going anywhere, in fact it's undergoing refurbishment/upgrades. But it will be closed for most of this year while they do that.

Comment

Watched Infinity War with my son today.

Despite being a CGI laden, action-fest, I found it getting quite dusty in my lounge during certain scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
        To Die For (1995). Nicole Kidman stars as a sociopath hell bent on making it in TV. Black comedy/thriller with a fun teenage cast including Joaquin Phoenix & Casey Afleck. Deffo recomend.
        Never heard of this but it sounds really cool. Will check it out.

Originally posted by teddymeow
        Watched Infinity War with my son today.

Despite being a CGI laden, action-fest, I found it getting quite dusty in my lounge during certain scenes.

Ya big softie!

Comment

Kimi arrived on Sky Cinema at the weekend and any film that riffs on Rear Window is going to be on my radar. It's the latest from Steven Soderbergh set during the pandemic, where lockdowns seem to have have compounded the main character's agoraphobia. She work's from home monitoring voice commands to a new Alexa/Siri product called Kimi. She hears something questionable and the Hitchcock vibes drift into De Palma / Blow Out territory. Really enjoyed this. Very lean and tight at 90 mins and I was glued for all of them. Worth a watch.

Comment

That sounds sick. Deffo on that one.

Comment

Murder on the Orient Express
              Finally finished it and it's very similar to the sequel. Ropey effects, too much CG focus, and a very slow build up to a solid last half hour. The reveal felt a bit much but fine enough.

Comment

I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore (2017 via Netflix)
                Had my watchlist for ages as one of those films that get namechecked with films like Blue Ruin as one of those underrated thrillers and I can see why as it was really good.

The less you know the better, but Netflix kinda focuses on Melanie Lynskey being an awkward, boozy loner, but the character is deeper than that and is pretty relatable. It does start off with a fairly whimsical tone with plenty of humour to be had, but it escalates pretty quickly and I had to rewind several moments, because I was agog at what happened!

Recommended.

The Forever Purge (2021 Via NowTV)
                It kinda does everything you expect it to, which is both comforting and a little disappointing.
                This is not a subtle film - RACISM IS BAD, PEOPLE!
                It has those thrilling elements of The Purge and the chase elements of The Purge 2, with the bonus of a lot of it is shot in daylight, which makes it different from the others.
                However, it's basically a lot more pro-Purge people chasing people who don't want to be murdered.
                Not a bad film, and perfectly watchable on a Friday with beers, but does exactly what it says on the tin.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  I loved this movie. I thought Elijah Wood was brilliant in it. The only thing is I can never remember the title so I can never recommend it to people unless, like here, someone else has mentioned it

Comment

Another fan here. I love the vibe of that film so much, and the characters are so well developed.

Comment

My only complaint with Elijah Wood is that he's possibly too handsome for the role, but he plays it brilliantly.

Comment

Yeah I liked it too. I laughed when he threw that ninja star at the wall and a devil banger on the floor.

Comment

My only complaint with Elijah Wood is that he's possibly too handsome for the role
                          People(*) have said the same thing about my continued posting on here.

* my mum.

Comment

Had my watchlist for ages as one of those films that get namechecked with films like Blue Ruin as one of those underrated thrillers and I can see why as it was really good.

The less you know the better, but Netflix kinda focuses on Melanie Lynskey being an awkward, boozy loner, but the character is deeper than that and is pretty relatable. It does start off with a fairly whimsical tone with plenty of humour to be had, but it escalates pretty quickly and I had to rewind several moments, because I was agog at what happened!

Recommended.
                            Top recommendation. Just watched it. Thoroughly enjoyed

Comment

Jackass Presents Bad Grandpa
                              The best bit is the finale at the pagaent, the kid deserves plaudits for being game for that. The main trouble with this is how much of it is awkward, either the fake creeping on women or mean spirited like the bit with the bikers trying to look out for the kids. The bits that work do so well enough, its just a film made from Jackass's weakest part though.

Comment

Continuing VanDamme season, last night I watched Cyborg. A Cannon Films classic. Honestly, I didn’t think it held up well. It’s a cheap post-apocalyptic sci-fi and there isn’t much to it. And it’s actually pretty grim which, to be honest, probably wasn’t what I needed given the state of the world.

Comment

Working...
                                X