Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw it, loved it.

I think they got the tone really right, and the fights felt like D&D fights (like there were moments you were thinking "nat 20, critical fail" etc.), And the way they tried to abuse magic items.

Comment

How is it in terms of content (violence / language etc).

My 7 year old son saw the trailer and thought it looked awesome. As a reference, he's seen all the MCU films

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
        How is it in terms of content (violence / language etc).

My 7 year old son saw the trailer and thought it looked awesome. As a reference, he's seen all the MCU films
        I'd say there's nothing more violent or whatever than what you'd get in the MCU or Fast & Furious movies.

But there are some bits involving undead characters (and people being turned into zombies) that younger kids could find a bit scary. Though it's got nothing on Return to Oz.

Comment

There's also a lot of language unsuitable for kids, IMHO.

You forget that kids see things differently. There's a scene in a graveyard that's played for laughs, but your son might just focus on the rotting corpses...

I'd say no for a 7-year-old.

Cast elevates funny game-based adventure; action violence. Read Common Sense Media's Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves review, age rating, and parents guide.

Comment

Caught the film tonight. Thoroughly enjoyed it. It’s just good entertainment not trying to create a new universe or franchise. Lots of little Easter eggs ro appreciate although I’m sure I’ll have missed loads as it’s a long time since I’ve played any D&D.

Comment

I'm not familiar with D&D so can't speak toward the nods in it beyond the one to the old cartoon. As a general fantasy film though I thought this was both better than I'd expect it to be and not as good as has been made out to be. It's lovely and humourous without ever being memorable or actually funny. It's a solid way to kill 2hrs generally.

Comment

One thing I'll say, in spite of my rant earlier - my local cinema pegged this pretty well. It'd only been out 1 week and it was Saturday night, but there were probably <25 people in the showing.

Comment

I really enjoyed it enough that I can see myself watching it again in the future.

Best film ever? No. Enjoyable romp for a couple of hours? Yes. Got a few laughs from me and I enjoyed watching all on screen.

I think the best achievement was the Chris Pine was actually pretty good in it. Again not amazing but the first film I actually liked him in the role he played. I feel Hollywood has been desparate to push him as a lead movie star for years and nothing he has been him has landed that status. I feel he is in good movies but he doesn't shine in them. This one I thought he was actually ok.

Comment

Just seen this. I thought it was a banger. Really great movie (for me, anyway). Lot's of fun and respected the source material.

Comment

Working...
                    X