X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

37 mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
      Anyone watched Hataraki Man? I watched the first episode last night and wasn't sure if it will go anywhere interesting. Is it worth sticking with?
      It's 11 episodes in total so not too long if that is any help. I have it, just not gotten round to viewing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
        Still to watch Darker than Black, idolmaster, Kami-chama Karin and Nagasarete Airantou, Nanaha Strikers(still) hope at least 1 turns out to be decent. Anything else to watch out for???
        Darker Than Black isn't too bad, could be a good one.

Probably gives away a bit too much, but a synopsis none-the-less.
        Last edited by Bleeders; 11-04-2007, 14:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders View Post
          37 mate.
          Glad to hear it...I so dont want it to end.

Watched the movie at the weekend & thought it was ok...nothing on the Anime but still not bad for a live action version.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
            Glad to hear it...I so dont want it to end.

Watched the movie at the weekend & thought it was ok...nothing on the Anime but still not bad for a live action version.

Neil
            It gets better and better...

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
              Anything else to watch out for???

Bokurano

Opening de Bokurano Yop, j'ai tenté de décrypter les paroles en romaji, commentez si vous pensez qu'il y a des modifications a faire. Tell me if there is any thing to change in the lyrics : Uninstall Ano toki saikou no riaru ga mukou kara ai ni kita no wa bokura no sonzai wa konna ni mo tanjun da to warai ni kitan da mimi wo fusaidemo ryoute wo surinukeru shinjitsu ni madou yo hosoi karada no doko ni chikara wo irete tateba ii ? Uninstall ! Uninstall ! Kono hoshi no musuu no inochi no hitotsu da to ima no boku ni wa rikai dekinai Uninstall. Uninstall. osore wo shiranai senshi no you ni furumau shika nai Uninstall ! Uninstall... By http://www.the-triad.org/

The manga probably has the biggest civilian casualty list of any series ever

Comment

And the first episode has just been released by Triad.

Comment

Although not in HD sadly.

Comment

Interesting first episode for Bokurano though. It kept screaming Eva at me though.

I can see there's probably going to be a lot of drama between the pilots of the robot though. Probably most it going between the emo kid and the one that was burning the crab. I'm placing money that the vital spot they crushed will turn out to be a cockpit similar to the one they're in with other kids/people inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                      Although not in HD sadly.
                      Yeah that is a shame. But as long as I'm able to watch it I'm cool with it. What's worse is there doesn't seem to be a decent HD version of Seirei no moribito which is what I was hoping for. Hopefully it's just a case of it airing in HD later on a different channel. Or perhaps they're saving those versions for possible HD-DVD/Blu-ray releases.

Go watch Darker Than Black if you're after something in HD. Nice first episode I thought, seems different enough and a bit more mature than some of the other stuff I'm watching so it balances things out well.

Comment

I just finished watching Chrno Crusade. It's truly excellent, in a FMA/ROD-ish kind of way. I really wonder why I didn't watch it back in 2003 when it was released. The 1920s still rule (when I'm an evil overlord, my Legions of Doom will ride around in Ford T's and carry Thompson M1 submachineguns with drum mags).

I was also rather impressed by the ending. It's the first series I've seen that had the balls to kill off both of its main characters (and 3 out of 4 if you extend the main cast to include Satella and Azmaria). Their last moments together brought a tear to my eye.

Last edited by Wild_Cat; 12-04-2007, 21:53.

Comment

For Chrno Crusade, here's what i wrote back in '04(complete is mass spelling errors)

Bleach ep121 - Loved the fight between the cocky Grimjaw and Ichigo was well animated for the most part.

Moonlight Mile ep3 - its moving up the ranks of 3rd row to 2nd row for me, Although it it had more of Goro banging some woman, the training and Space stuff was pretty dam good. Specially the rescue bit.

Claymore ep2 - That was pretty nasty

having to kill her 1st friend like that,

and now with have a decent power limiter to stop Bleach style battles which is good news for me.

new show's----

Shining Tears X Wind ep1 - i was hoping this would be a Kiba replacement but, the 1st episode is pretty below par and the enemies are some the crappest designed monsters ever. I'm gonna give it another episode to see if it picks up.

Gigantic Formula ep1 - have to say im impressed with the super robot revial this season and GF continues this. Seems Countries now have a state sponsored Gaint robot that battles other countries giant robot for something(not explained yet, why the U.N. setup this "War Game" and what the victor wins). Alot of CGI and the animation is top qaulity even if the all the characters look like bug eyed freaks.One thing that annoyed me is that it took fecking forever for the boy pilot to get into the dammed the robot, i was shouting get inthe dammed robot already after what seems like 5mins of gorping. Anyway I'll be cheering on Great Britian robot

Darker than BLACK ep1 - Liked what i saw, nothing outstanding but seems like it build slowly into a qaulity show similar to Blood+.

Bokurano ep1 - Liked it, but it fills me with dread as you just know it going to end very,very badly to point where don't want to watch the next episodes lol. I think the suggestion that the other robot

contained similar pilot(s) will hold true.

Sadly I've had one bit of the story spoiled for me thanks to Wiki's stupid entery on it, as the spoilers continue after the 'end spoiler' bit.. ggrr anyway for a major spoiler until ep3----

It seems that every fight, win or lose the Pilot Dies....

which = Oh dear, i guess that guy that got them involved "i'm sorry" doesn't cut it.

Romeo x Juliet ep1 - Very nice, in animations and art. i Hopfully it doesn't completely follow the story to it final destiny and they swerf us letting them both live. Regardless of how it turns out, seems it will be enjoyable.

Nanoha StrikerS ep1- Liked what i saw, combo of Magic and technology. Plus they've got my soft spot for WomenXspeedXpowerful punch = . Im gonna have to hunt down the first 2 seasons...

Can't get Lunars Sola encode to synch with the sound, and them same for Ayako's Nagasarete Airantou ;_;, PC getting to old.

Comment

Wouldn't a version of Romeo & Juliet where they don't both die at the end kinda defeat the whole point of the story, though?

(okay, there's the Dire Straits song, maybe -- but I don't think you could make it into an entire 26-episode show )

Comment

I watched Moonlight Mile 1 last night. Looks pretty interesting and had a nice 2001 type of feel to the first part. Will likely watch episode 2 tonight.

I think I'm already watching too many shows now though, - I'm juggling Ergo Proxy, Red Garden, Night Head Genesis, Death Note, Hayate no Gotoku and now Moonlight Mile. That's in addition to the usual US fodder - Heroes, Lost, 24. And all in HD as well, except Death Note, which is so low-res it looks like a VHS tape.

Comment

Heroic Age 2 - I think im going to enjoy this Btw is it me or did the intro music sound a lot like Stellvia's, didnt actually check to see if it was by the same group.

Comment

Working...
                                X