No announcement yet.

New and current FS anime Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed with Tobal on ep 26 of Busou Renkin. Overall I really enjoyed the series after it had a bit of a poor start IMO. I don't really remember the exact turning point but it was before the halfway point. Very enjoyable little show and other than the rescue thing I didn't have many complaints with how it ended. They managed to tie up pretty much all the loose ends (I think).

Hayate ep 1 -

I haven't seen Evangelion for years but even I recognized that little homage to Gendo Ikari with that office dude's pose as he was firing Hayate. Talk about crappy parents as well... there may be more to it than that but what the first episode pretty much shows is that they have no responsibility. I also caught another reference to an anime called Marchen Awakens Romance or MAR for short. One of the characters in that is a witch called dorothy and they had pictures of her in alluring poses stuck to lamposts with a phone number below which I thought was quite funny. Not a bad first episode, the characters seem to be likeable and there were quite a few funny moments especially with them breaking the fourth wall at the end when he got injured really badly .Loved the narrator as well, who's got that instantly recognizable voice (to me at least anyway). edit: forgot to mention that scene with the misunderstandings which led to her thinking that Hayate had confessed his love for her. Reminded me of that beach house scene in School Rumble although perhaps not on the same level of funniness.

. Another keeper for me and again with subs from Eclipse they should be fairly regular. Good introductory episode with a few laughs and sets the scene nicely. Reminds me a bit of Zero No Tsukaima - the fantasy setting + references/parodies to other anime.
    Last edited by Zapp$ter; 06-04-2007, 00:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuddle View Post
      shock. i really didnt think it would happen....well not so quickly anyway.
      i have no clue where this is headed now, top stuff though.

The only way it heads is down unfortunately

Comment

Touka Gettan - I watched some of it but after about 3/4 I got fed up and deleted it Bloody confusing.

Comment

I just watched Touka Gettan ep1, and err.... well it bored me to hell at the start then just went all over the place... ending up skipping through the last 10 mins and then deleted.

Winter Cicada ep1- more rubbish, seems more samurai political crap, very boring and has nothing on fictional takes of the same era/history (e.g Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto at the momment). not that i'll know if it takes that same kind of route but the 1st 15 mins nearly put me to sleep.

Hitohira ep1 - Finally something decent, seems to be high school comedy/drama set around a drama club with plot rotating around a staged frightened girl who loses her voice when scared... enjoyable and gave me a few laughs. Sticking with it for now.

Deltora Quest ep 1 - not a new anime(started in jan) but nobodies subbed it till now. Shounen adventure, Lord of the rings style. It's ok, nothing special, art is nice and clean. For me it something to replace Adventure King BEET with since Akeep can't be arsed to finish subbing the 2nd season.

Nagasarete Airantou, Hayate, Kami-chama Karin and El Cazador de la Bruja to go.

Comment

There's been subs of Deltora quest out for a while. They were released at the end of January a couple of weeks after the anime first started airing. The group that subbed ep1 recently, Sayuri (which I guess is who you're talking about), are the third ones on it. The furthest anyone has subbed up to is ep 7. Just FYI in case you want to catch up now or something. I've been getting the subs just not watched them yet. I think I'll probably wait for the series to be completely subbed before starting on it, if it ever does get completed that is.

Glad to know I'm not the only that thought Touka was messed up. I'll give it a few more episodes I think, before dropping it.

Nagasarete Airantou ep 1 - it was quite enjoyable I thought but it's harem anime to a tee. So if you don't like that kind of stuff, stay away. Some guy gets stranded on an island full of girls and he's the only guy. Funny (or not as the case may be) hijinks ensue. All the usual stuff, fanservicey shots, nosebleeds, guy and girl(s) alone in a bath together. I didn't think much of the subs though but that's just me. This will probably be one of my guilty pleasures for the new season.

Hitohira - agreed with Tobal. Decent stuff.

I'm surprised you watched Winter Cicada. One of the torrent comments for Tokyotosho had "Warning: Yaoi Content" written so I stayed away. Doesn't seem like I missed much.

Comment

Lol i didn't know that. Well i can say the 1st 10 mins odd watched had no Yaoi leanings, then i started just skipping through it to see if there where any samuari fights. Then Deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                I watched 5 Centimeters per Second tonight. I knew immediately it was a Makoto Shinkai production, that guy makes by far the most beautiful backgrounds in all of anime. Such amazing use of colour and contrast. Truly stunning. Lovely story too, really touching. I think it's his best work to date, as although Beneath the Clouds looked amazing I thought the story really lost it's way after the half way point, and Voices of a Distant star showed it's low budget a little too much. This was a more complete work from a visual and story standpoint, better rounded. Beautifully observed too, so many nice touches.

I'm a little confused what's happening with the other parts though. I've read it will be a 3 part series, and yet have also read that a movie of it has just opened... Confusing stuff.

I watched Death Note 25 tonight too. Wow, what an episode. Some surprising man on man action followed by a shocking finale. Does anyone know how many episodes are left?
                According to Wikipedia, the anime runs for 37 episodes.

Excellent episode though, didn't expect it to happen

given how cunning Ryuuzaki can be.

Speaking of Wikipedia, there might be something spoilerific in an upcoming episode title, so I'd avoid, but it's something along the lines of

Interesting trivia for DN 25 (nabbed from Wikipedia) -

This episode deviates from the manga with the introduction of scenes from L's childhood, L and Light on the rooftop and L washing Light's feet; the latter being a particularly eerie biblical reference linking L to Jesus and Light to Judas Iscariot, one of the twelve original apostles of Jesus, and the one who betrayed him. The short scene in which the corridors are displayed in the shape of a cross reinforces this. This is especially ironic considering that this episode aired during Holy Week.

Last edited by Bleeders; 10-04-2007, 12:45.

Comment

Aria the Natural ep22/23 - more from the Aria crew, with ep22 being top notch double story, loved the parallel world Aria,

with the girls as boys and Boys as girl with the president thoughts the matters(still the former girls, now boys just looked like flat chested girls with shorts on, while the boys got large boobs lol), and more Akatsuki childhood flashbacks with his hot mum . 23ep was back to the sentimental, stuff lazy stuff as normal

Hayate ep1/2 - fun show, decent comedy. Does a good job of making you think his parents are complete bastards and the messup with words he used to 'kidknap' Nagi was great. Will be keeping this for sure.

Seirei no Moribito ep1 - Good stuff as you said zap, the mix of Animation with the CGI if almost seemless, not a single bit of it was boring and kept me wanting to watch more. Did a good job of setting up the main story within one episode so i hope it keeps this kind of pace. I'm hoping myself the young prince will grow into a warrior under Baso guardianship as the story goes on.

El Cazador de la Bruja ep1 - I think Noir and Madlax just had a bastard child, and her name is El Cazador de la Bruja. Not that i hold Noir in high regard(it's jst about ok) and Madlax is pretty awful and A-team'ish. I'm gonna give it a chance, hopefully it won't go toward the A-team style shootouts all the way.

Moonlight Mile ep2 - Can Goro go one episode with out getting his nob out and giving it to the 1st slut to wink at him! We get it already he's a Macho, drunken, don't play by the rules son of a gun, with an eye for ladies!

Top tier this season for me so far-
                  Seirei no Moribito
                  Heroic Age
                  Tengen Toppa Gurren

2nd
                  Hayate
                  Claymore
                  Hitohira

3rd
                  El Cazador de la Bruja
                  Moonlight Mile

Still to watch Darker than Black, idolmaster, Kami-chama Karin and Nagasarete Airantou, Nanaha Strikers(still) hope at least 1 turns out to be decent. Anything else to watch out for???

Comment

It's an OAV so it won't last long, but Freedom has an interesting premise, and looks gorgeous to boot. The full-CGI animation feels a litte weird on characters, but Otomo's chara/mecha design makes up for it.

As for me, I started watching:

- Claymore: I fail to think of a way they could have made this even less original. Come on guys, little girl with big sword fights evil monsters, being herself half-monster... *yawn* It's Blade without trench-coats, in a generic medieval setting. All they need now is an off-screen character only referred to as "ano hito" / "that person", that makes people shudder when mentioned.

- Hayate: After 5 minutes or so, despite the gorgeous HD encoding, the humour didn't click for me. Deleted.

- Naruto Shippuuden: Surprisingly, not bad at all! They have a decent animation budget, seem to have dropped the unfunny humour and aggressively cute little animals I couldn't stand in the early fillers (can't say much more about the filler series 'cause I stopped watching back then), and so far are doing exactly what I expect of a ninja action show, namely, ninja action. Spoiler no jutsu rules.

I'll have to take a look at your top tier series, Tobal. Maybe I can find something that'll keep me going this season.

Oh, a friend of mine lent me Chrno Crusade. I'm roughly halfway through and it's brilliant stuff. I love the 1920s. ^^

Comment

Who's subbing Tengen Toppa Gurren?

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                        Anything else to watch out for???
                        Lucky Star and Hidamari Sketch. The former is an Azumanga type series that's been disappointing people since they expected Haruhi v2 but looks rather good and has a fantastic opening and the latter while it's been out for a while, I'm recommending since after reading through the entire thread and noting you enjoyed Ichigo Mashimaro, I thought this would be right up your street.

Comment

Hmm... other stuff to look forward to...

Well there's Romeo X Juliet (but you had your eye on that anyway). There's also sola which IIRC had me interested because it was a collaboration between some of the people behind the Da Capo and Kanon stories, subs out now from Lunar and Doremi for ep1. Nanoha strikers - you might want to watch the first two series' before checking this out as it should give you an idea of what you're in for.

Gigantic Formula - quite enjoyed the raw I watched of this. Another mecha show so you might have had your fill already. Bokurano - manga was good stuff so the adaptation if pulled off should be good and early impressions are quite positive. Kissdum Engage Planet - supposedly macross-like show that has had a troubled production, early impressions are so-so. Lovely Complex - romantic highschool comedy with the main characters being a really tall girl and a really short guy. One piece-like character designs. I have the raw but yet to watch it.

Other stuff I am interested in - Oh Edo Rocket, Kaze no Stigma, Terra E, Seto No Hanayome, Overdrive, Ookiku Furikabutte. Bear in mind that most of the stuff I've listed is basically what I thought sounded interesting from the preliminary lists put up a month or so ago for the new season. Some shows might have been delayed etc...

Comment

Anyone watched Hataraki Man? I watched the first episode last night and wasn't sure if it will go anywhere interesting. Is it worth sticking with?

Comment

Originally posted by Zapp$ter View Post
                              There's also sola which IIRC had me interested because it was a collaboration between some of the people behind the Da Capo and Kanon stories, subs out now from Lunar and Doremi for ep1.
                              Had a look at the first episode of this and I'm quite interested by it. Thought it was going to be something along the lines of Shuffle or Kanon; i.e one guy, many girls, with some comey and drama bits but it seems to have something else to it as well. Love the animantion as well.

The 2nd episode of Claymore is also about if anyone's interested.

Comment

Anyone know how many episodes Death Note will run too??

I've got 25 downloaded so far but only watched upto episode 12 & I'm loving it.

Just wanted to know if there will be many more to follow or will it end like some other series at 26???

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X