New and current FS anime Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will catch up again!

Natsume Yuujinchou 2: Still a great series, stil the same mushishi-esque vibes. My top series out of all of summer's line-up so far.

Ryoko's case file 2: I'm liking the banter between Izumida and Ryoko and the cases themselves are quite enjoyable. the OP's really grown on me as well.

Strike Witches 1: The story is fairly weak, the fanservice is at least level 7 and yet somehow the series looks a great deal of fun for some reason although it does give me the vague sense I'm comitting a crime when watching it.

And despite it being a horribly inferior rip - Bonen no Xamdou 1: This looks ace. Characters seem interesting and it smacks of Eureka Seven which isn't a bad thing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Jeff View Post
      Strike Witches 1: The story is fairly weak, the fanservice is at least level 7 and yet somehow the series looks a great deal of fun for some reason although it does give me the vague sense I'm comitting a crime when watching it.
      You are.. A crime to your sanity!

I turned it off in the first couple of minutes its just awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
        You are.. A crime to your sanity!

I turned it off in the first couple of minutes its just awful.
        i like it as well

Comment

Soul Eater 14 - Another hilarious episode, and a new Ending.
          Kid & Blackstar are too of the funniest characters i've seen in awhile

Comment

Macross F ep15 - so camp and cheesey i couldn't stop laughing, i was half expect a recap episode but they quickly turned that around with some important plot stuff.

CG r2 ep15 - good stuff, info onthe geass and finally CC back ground...

but what happened at the end was a pile of wtf, looks like CC lost her immortality but for that to have happened some one must take it on, so is Charles double immortal or has Lulu become one now. Had me laughing hard when Charles got back up, it was just to funny the demented look on his face, also to bad Kallen didn't get drugged up .

Itazura na Kiss ep14/15 -

im having a hard time swallowing the whole get married instead of dating lark the show has, if something things wrong get married! Enjoyed the wife getting bitch slapped and Irie performing his job at the end

Comment

Started to watch Kaiba (took me awhile to get passed my initial impressions of the style, loving it now). I think the intro music is amazing. Enjoying it so far, only watched up to episode 4 though.

Comment

That reminded i'd watched Kaiba ep9 earlier, at least that alot explained as to who

the warp's are, the body shifter we've been followed was the last "proper" warp and the current one till killed this ep was a stand in till the next fully working warp is done, the warp now is a changed on from the asshole he was thanks to the girl he meet and that girl been messed around with by popo in order for him i guess to rule in heaven instead of warp, oh and the flying thing is part of that girls memories which is why it been looking out for warp all this time.

also just watched ep1 of Strike witches, comedy gold... its like they forgotten how to make skirts for girls under 20 . now to watch the rest of the new shows

Koihime Musou ep1/2 - liked what i saw has simple art and ok'ish animation, knew straight off the bat without knowing anything about the show the girl withe green spear and long hair was going to be Kannu(GaunYu). 3 Kingdoms based like Ikkitousen, hopefully won't end up a mess like ikkitousen.
                Last edited by Tobal; 20-07-2008, 22:40.

Comment

Also started to watch Shigofumi today, im on episode 2 and maaan is it a really sad and cheerfull anime at the same time >_< Really conflicting emotions while watching hehe
                  Last edited by Orgun; 20-07-2008, 22:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                    CG r2 ep15 - good stuff, info onthe geass and finally CC back ground...

but what happened at the end was a pile of wtf, looks like CC lost her immortality but for that to have happened some one must take it on, so is Charles double immortal or has Lulu become one now. Had me laughing hard when Charles got back up, it was just to funny the demented look on his face, also to bad Kallen didn't get drugged up .

I don't think C.C has lost her immortality yet otherwise she'd be dead like the nun was. I think what happened was that either because she stopped halfway through the process she's temporarily lost her memories or she lost them from when Lelouch was firing shots at that space(which might explain those black and white screaming images). Oh and Nina has built a gigantic bomb like the racist, crazy skank she is. Good going. Still, looks like Cornelia comes face to face with Lelouch properly again which should be interesting. Still a bit wierded out that Jeremiah has switched sides so quickly though.

Speaking of Kaiba, I'd murder for the next subs of those to be out. I shall have to make do with the ost and op track.

Comment

Code Geass ep 15 - a bit confused about the ending bit myself. Nice to see some explanation and more background for C.C. finally. Otherwise par for the course really

Macross Frontier ep 15 - a bit disappointing after the brilliant last couple of episodes. Hopefully it's back on form next week.

Slayers - well I'm at about ep 18 in the first series and it's fast becoming one of my favourite shows. I can't believe I've waited this long to watch it. It's almost like a whole series of Tower of Druaga episode 1s (parody version). Although there's probably less parody and a bit more seriousness in Slayers and I personally think Slayers is smarter and that it's got better characters (but I've only seen 2 eps of Druaga so far so that may change). I've found it surprisingly funny as well, it's certainly surpassed some of the recent shows that were apparently comedies that I've seen. The introduction of Amelia and that little mini arc certainly went a long way to increasing the laughs that I had. Great stuff so far.

Oh and as an update. I've got all the discs burnt and they should be sent out tomorrow since I've got someone to post them for me via first class recorded delivery. Please drop me a PM to let me know when you boys have received your discs and/or if there's anything wrong with them.

Comment

I think im gonna have to try and find me a torrent / cheap dvd box set for Slayers, I had all the episodes a long time ago but lost them before getting past episode 4ish T_T

Comment

i watched a couple of new anime's

World destruction
                          didnt really think alot of it to be honest, doesnt seem my cup of tea

blade of the immortal
                          Artistic style of Ninja Scroll and animated in the same way, dark with a few bits of blood, not bad at all

Comment

More Slayers fans , as i keep saying, it starts silly and gets epic. The end of Next(season2) is one of my favorite "epic owned" moments mainly due to the total suprise it comes out with as you'll not see it coming but its totally plausible with the story.

Comment

I also quite enjoyed Blade of the Immortal although its going to be hard for it to be as good as the manga as so much if it is to do with the style. Slayers is pretty good, i haven't seen anything for years but have found the first couple of episodes of revolution decent enough.

Comment

World Destruction aint that bad, the animation is decent enough. Certainly alot better than Pedophile Strike Witchers.

Comment

Working...
                                X