New and current FS anime Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hush View Post
    I love cowboy bebop and really enjoyed it. But I don't really like anime with mechs robots in it , but as I was saying I will watching any type as lot as it has a good story that grips of keeps me watching, over the last two day I have watched the first two volumes of death note this I am really liking alot this is a story that I can keep watching. So I guess more like this. But I am happy to look at what you all think
    If your liking Death Note. You should really watch Monster, its a sheer masterpiece and trounces Death Note to no end.

Comment

Originally posted by hush View Post
      I love cowboy bebop and really enjoyed it. But I don't really like anime with mechs robots in it , but as I was saying I will watching any type as lot as it has a good story that grips of keeps me watching, over the last two day I have watched the first two volumes of death note this I am really liking alot this is a story that I can keep watching. So I guess more like this. But I am happy to look at what you all think
      Check out Black Lagoon, it's much grittier than Cowboy bebop but it's great. You may also like Samurai Champloo which is a samurai series from the makers of cowboy bebop

For complex plots it may be worthwhile checking out paranoia agent (pretty trippy but great) or Haibane Renmei (the plot isn't forced down your throat but it gives you a load to think about).

Full Metal Alchemist is a good series for blending action with plot and is worth checking out.

Comment

Despite having enough stuff i should be catching up with and finishing off before the new season starts, i decided to rewatch FLCL tonight. Man i must have seen it 4 or 5 times now and it never gets old, its brilliant everytime. Its also now left me with an urge to dig out my copy of the FLCL manga and give it a reread.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
          Check out Black Lagoon, it's much grittier than Cowboy bebop but it's great. You may also like Samurai Champloo which is a samurai series from the makers of cowboy bebop
          I'd just like to say that Black Lagoon is fan-****ing-tastic. I think I've watched it about 3 or 4 times now (1st and 2nd series). Champloo is also a great show, but don't expect it to be Bebop with swords and samurai. They don't really pay much attention to the plot till the very last 2 episodes, where they kinda go "oh, ****. Let's wrap this up now" XD It's great for all the references to modern day urban culture =)

Also, I haven't checked that far back, but has anyone mentioned Haruhi? =(

Comment

So because I'm such a sucker for people recommending me things, I got round to watching Kamichu today.
            Loved it. Ridiculously silly storyline but so utterly enjoyable and Yurie is just so ****ing cute with her expressions. Proper cheesy happy ending as well which made me grin like a mad loon.

Comment

I'd suggest anybody with a PSP, to go check out http://psp-anime.com/

I'm an anime newb, but that site has let me see some utterly brilliant stuff, from the likes of cowboy bebop, to melancholy of haruhi suzumiya, Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge and the AWESOME shakugan no shana. I'm also a sucker from chobits, which he's currently uploading.

they need some donations, and I've been meaning for ages to spread the word of the site. I've been giving my $5 each month, and getting VIP access (includes movies, but everybody can download the anime without donating.)

Give it a wee look.

Also, thanks for recommending black lagoon. I'll check that out.

Night.

Comment

Just watched the first episode of Detroit Metal City. LOL What the ****!

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                  Just watched the first episode of Detroit Metal City. LOL What the ****!
                  Great isn't it

Macross F ep24 - final battles now on,

loved that bit with psycho grace and we get the full history explained apart from why the vaj exist and where Sheryl mum's at. I wasn't expecting Princess to get shot down either but proves as far as macross pilots go he's on the bad end of the scale but i very much doubt he'll die. So that leaves us witht he vaj queen that looks so very much like birdman from zero.. so who's betting on it being one of the nome sisters or shin?

I'm guessing the story far form done as i remember them originally saying it was 50ep run so im fully expecting a copout cliffhanger for next weeks final ep.

Code geass r2 ep24 -

ended up how i thought it would go with them having a anti-fleia but was expecting it to be that stupid.... still im disappointed with kallens direction inthe final eps as her parts just been reduced to stooge with a 2 season payoff, of a final round with Suzaku(hope she wins). And little stupid bitch see's again, will she or won't see destroy them both... i really don't know what the hell going to go down in the final ep if they plan to set a cliffhanger for R3 or go out with a final bang, either way im looking forward to it.

Also NNNNNNNNNnooooo Diehart (also thought Tamaki was a gonna for a moment, thank god he escaped)

finally binned Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu, after a decent start and good middle, it just started getting really boring around ep8 and just hasn't improved now we're on ep10 so in the bin it goes... i just lost all interest in the final 2 eps.

Strikes Witches ep12 - final ep, lots of panty shots and extremely well animated running bits from the British girl bouncing her tits up and down.... and some very well animated fighting too, with the cgi being dumped for handdrawn animation with flowing hair like SHAFT productions. Anyway woohooo for season2 when ever it gets made, as long as then bring Lynette and the german bird Gertrud back.

Sekirei ep12 - another final ep, with season2 confirmed i wasn't going to expect much from the final ep in coming up with an ending but we did get some nice fights(and in ep11 to) and a little surprise

with Yume becoming 08 when she was knocked out and gave a little cheer for that useless bloke headbutting the pink haired fighter.

Soul Eater ep24 - nice stuff, loved it when Grim Reaper changed to his evil look and voice.

Comment

So i have been messing around with a gif program, thought i would share them with you all.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post

That's one of his 45 cop-killing moves! The Guitar of Cruelty!

I love how it's all just a big misunderstanding too. Never did think anime would ever try for a Ben Stiller-esque comedy...

Comment

Lol what the hell! Is that Detroit Metal City? I dunno if its just the guitar thing but im getting an FLCL vibe from that. Going to ahve to check that out

Comment

That looks good. I might just have to bump it the to-watch list.

Comment

Make sure you pick up the special first as it has more content than the first episode and its much funnier for it.

Comment

Make a gif of him raping his friends tambourine or his hokey dance in the toilet with said friend pre-tambourine rape.

I can't wait for the groupie air rape episode.

Comment

I can't wait for the live-action movie as well, actually XD

Comment

Working...
                                X