No announcement yet.

New and current FS anime Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aye t'would be good. Got a link for the game/vn and an english patch if you're interested in it. The patch is still in beta and causes a few crashes but supposedly it's playable enough.

Hakushaku 1: Shoujo's are a bit hit and miss with me. Sometimes I'll go all sappy and like them but other times (Itazura, Lovely Complex and Paradise Kiss) they'll just make highly annoyed but I thought this was quite good. Couple of overly fabulous bits of sparkles and bishie-ness but seems to be quite charming. I agree with Zapp with the heroine point about

how it was good she wasn't completely being an idiot and following him because he's so omgpretty. Well, not totally because of that anyway.

Index 2: Still a good standard for the second episode though the fight felt a tad long. Chortled a bit at the midget teacher being a heavy smoker yet still having a high pitched voice. Keep it up J.C staff!

Now just to wait for gundam...

Edit: To try and push my luck with Lady Fate a bit - It'd be nice to have a sub for Kannagi ep 2 soon. Wink wink nudge nudge.
    Last edited by Mr.Jeff; 13-10-2008, 00:35.

Comment

index ep2 - Decent eps, i liked that he used he's brains along with this cancel esper powers. I think he's going to end be being a shield for the other espers to attack, i don't think his mighty punch to the face will work for everything.

Gundam00 ep2 -

00 is redicusly strong now, so its almost a return to last season beginings with mega strong CB vs weak world armies. But then they haven't been up against any aces yet and the standard grunt comes with few new surprises like the grenades that block beam weapons. Them taking on lockon2 feels really stupid, especially if they know he works for the anti-fed forces..(also poor,poor felt). Loved they way the 00 moves spining the twin drives around it shoulders to move is crazy patterns and the look on Ribbons face is priceless(just how the poop is he viewing the battles?)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Jeff View Post
        Got a link for the game/vn and an english patch if you're interested in it. The patch is still in beta and causes a few crashes but supposedly it's playable enough.
        That would be very much appreciated if you could send it my way.

Comment

Now just to wait for gundam...
          The subs have been out for a while unless you're waiting on the mendoi-conclave one They just seem to have used the gSS tag instead of the gg-BSS one

Comment

Yeah I know. I was meaning I was having to wait for the download since it was going at silly slow speeds last night.

Kurozuka 1: Very stylish this. The OP song is a bit rubbish but the animation is top notch. Lovely blood spurting noises during the fights as well. Should be an interesting series to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapp$ter View Post
              The subs have been out for a while unless you're waiting on the mendoi-conclave one They just seem to have used the gSS tag instead of the gg-BSS one
              yeah i nearly got thrown by the gSS tag, also and it could be me but gg torrents seem to crawl along the vast majority of the time. Also the fact that MALu doest recognise gg's naming conventon is abit annoying too.

Anyways as for the ep it was great. love the 00 design, its like a beefed up version of Exia, the way the twin drives moves around its shoulders is very cool. Should be even better once it gets its twin gunblade things. Was also expecting a GUNDAAAAM moment from setsuna when it started up, but he was abit understated with it all.

Index 2 was also another good ep. The fight scene was quite nice, as others have mentioned was quite cool the way he used his whits along with his hand of god to beat the fire mage guy. Also the smoking, drinking loli teacher was rather amusing

Still no subs for Jigoku Shoujo S3 yet

Comment

Yeah I know. I was meaning I was having to wait for the download since it was going at silly slow speeds last night.
                Hah. Yeah, I had that too. Luckily I eventually got to a bot which gave me quick speeds.

edit: Chaos; head ep 1 - I'm in the same camp as Jeff and Orka. I thought that was pretty decent. I'm just hoping this can keep my interest more than Higurashi (which I really should get round to watching the second season of) where my interest sort of faded but that was down to a variety of factors including lack of timely subs. I certainly didn't see anything that would make me dislike the main character that much. It's mainly pity. I was in a similar place a few years back (could argue I still am ) so I can sort of relate. I like the murder mystery element too. My friend said the game was pretty good and was a mix of all sorts of stuff with names liek Higurashi and School Days in there, but that he thought the anime would be a bitch to sub. Can sort of see why with all the text in the online chatting and other signs that might start to play a part. Nothing as of yet that'll make me drop it and hopefully with the low ep count (?) they should keep it short and sweet.

edit2: Ga-Rei Zero ep 1 - hmm... I thought it was okay until the end, which certainly perked up my interest in it. Decently animated but not a whole lot else to go by. I certainly want to see what's going on next.
                Last edited by Zapp$ter; 13-10-2008, 19:06.

Comment

Yozakura Quartet ep. 1: Right, so this is this season's remarkably average urban fantasy show. The chemistry between characters will probably not be as good as Kaze no Stigma, but it looks miles better than crap like Rental Magica. It's got that "early Bleach episodes" kind of vibe, and the soundtrack sounds great (well, the OP and ED are meh but the BGMs I do enjoy).

All in all, should be reasonably fun to watch. Plus the male lead's appearance reminds me of Kyon.

Comment

Just watched another quality episode of DMC and from the looks of the preview of episode 9 is going to one of my fav parts from the manga

The movie that Krauser takes part in

Also, literally just started watching Tytania ep 1 and so far its LoGH with modern day animation = **** yeah
                    Last edited by Orgun; 13-10-2008, 21:59.

Comment

Yozakura Quartet ep1 - it watchable and the mayor looks pretty fab, but the silver cat guy for a main villian looks super camp, and not in a good "Papillon" way.

Tytania ep 1- from the guy that did Legend of Galatic Heroes i was eager to see this, but by the end of the ep my thumbs are in the middle. After heroic Ages modern take on battles this was pretty damn boring in art and ship design, and bringing out an unknown commander with no back story only made him look like ego driven wannable up against 4 bishi Dukes and a Tough man. Orange hair guys plan at the end reaked of Zero'esk Deux machina being we had f'ck all build up to events or characters, and as always in these types of setting all the main characters have little regard for there underlings.
                      Last edited by Tobal; 13-10-2008, 22:07.

Comment

Kannagi 2: Another well animated episode with more setup of Nagi. Did like the joke with the

split personality as well as her still being over the top with the magical girl act.

Tytania 1: Hmmm. I liked it but I keep comparing it to what I've seen of LotGH. I think my main problem is that there appears to be no solidfied resistance on other side beyond that one Captain so far although I guess it could be part of it; building up a unified rebellion of people to go against them and so forth. Should be quite interesting to see where it goes from here. The rebel commander isn't as awesome as Yang Wenli though.
                        Edit: Why does 26 episodes seem such a small number to me. Maybe I've been spoiled by the size of LotGH.

Small, trivial point; Did anyone else have a small video glitch on the Deer sub(about 8:02)? Oh and on Gss's 2nd gundam episode as well (13:12-ish). Really picky of me but just making sure in case it's my codecs or something.
                        Last edited by Mr.Jeff; 14-10-2008, 02:57.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I want to see it! Live action DMC.

Comment

Small, trivial point; Did anyone else have a small video glitch on the Deer sub(about 8:02)? Oh and on Gss's 2nd gundam episode as well (13:12-ish). Really picky of me but just making sure in case it's my codecs or something.
                            not seen tytania yet so cant comment on that but i did get the video glitch on gSS's gundam00 ep 2.

Comment

Yeah, me too. They did release a v2 patch for it which might fix it. But I only watch that version because it's out sooner. I archive Mendoi-Conclave's version for obvious biased reasons, so I won't bother with the patch.

And with Tytania subs, there's a blast from the past. ANBU started subbing again! I'll probably watch their version and keep theirs unless I hear that someone else's is better. I'll feedback on any video glitches if/when I see them.

edit: I didn't notice any glitches in the ANBU version and it was good stuff overall. I'll definitely be keeping these ones. Hopefully they can keep up a decent pace with the subs too.

As for the episode itself. I liked it. Heroic age battles bored me after a while. I mean the scale was epic in them but other than that it was just a pretty light show which usually boiled down to one of the heroic tribe wreaking havoc. I don't remember anything especially good or memorable about the art or ship designs in Heroic Age either. Certainly not anything that would put it over this one. So I don't quite get that complaint. About the Evliyans I think I'll wait a few episodes before passing judgment, I didn't really think he was an ego driven wannabe for example. We've not had much background yet other than that Tytania are EVUL. It seemed to me anyway from the subs that the Evliyan vessels were

unmanned. And I'm guessing that's where those two subordinates went off to after they initially talked with Duke Van Gulik.

(Will probably be proven wrong in the next episode). About the Geass-like deus ex machina, can't really disagree with that. But he did seem a bit too calm to not have an ace up his sleeve. I've no point of reference being as I haven'ts seen LoGH yet even though I have it all, which may mean I'm not as harsh on it. A thumbs up from me anyway and a keeper to boot.

edit: kurozuka ep 1 - Sort of reminds me of Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto. Seems just as nicely animated going by the first episode at least. Very nice fight scenes in there and there are some intriguing supernatural(?) elements to it. Surprised by this as I'd read next to nothing about it and much like the other shows I had little knowledge about I'm liking it.

shikabane hime ep 1 - Not particularly enthralled with that. I have to admit I was expecting more from it especially given that Gainax's last few shows have ranked amongst my absolute favourites in recent years. Certainly didn't have the impact of say Gurren lagann ep 1. I'll stick with it for the time being due to the studio.
                              Last edited by Zapp$ter; 14-10-2008, 12:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapp$ter View Post
                                shikabane hime ep 1 - Not particularly enthralled with that. I have to admit I was expecting more from it especially given that Gainax's last few shows have ranked amongst my absolute favourites in recent years. Certainly didn't have the impact of say Gurren lagann ep 1. I'll stick with it for the time being due to the studio.
                                It's a Gainax show!? Well, color me unimpressed then. My initial reaction was "oh, so it looks like there are two remarkably average urban fantasy shows this season" and based on the first episode alone, Yozakura felt more enjoyable. Still, I'll stick with it for at least a few eps in case it becomes as mega-awesome as Gurren-Lagann.

And

dual wielding Ingram Mac 10s

for the effing win nevertheless.

Comment

Working...
                                X