No announcement yet.

New and current FS anime Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kannagi ep2 - I think this has just vaulted to 2nd best show of the season for me(behind gundam), the combination of art, animation and likeable characters with good interaction between each other really makes it for me. Could do with someone subbing it decently with a higher res.

Ga-rei Zero ep2 - Well wtf, as far as shounen shows go i don't think i remember one where the good guys are expendable, even the seemable toughest of them.

Well the guesses of it starting the story in the past to see what lead up to the event in ep1 are now out the window and Team4 are proper dead, the black suits didn't far much better but most lived through one episode(a rarity already) but i was pretty unhappy with the strongest girl being written out like that.. even if she 'was' your sister she clearly had a good hack at your best mate(possible lover) and you've just given up the ghost... BBaahhh that just reallllllllly pissed me off, i'm pretty sure i was shouting at the screen for her to do something other than mope to her death.

there best be a good damn reason this evil girl is cutting up her former comrades other than her boyfriend was in love with her sister.

Comment

Ga Rei Zero 2: Finally see where they're going with this. Reread some of the manga earlier in the week to try and see what they were pulling. Another nice ep though I don't like Kagura's voice. Action scenes were quite well done and I liked the touch of the high pitched noise after the explosion to simulate the ear-ringing you'd suffer.

Manga spoilers/ponderings:

With any luck, they'll change Kagura's VA for the next section where she has Shiro. She's supposed to be far more laid back than this but I suppose it's still when she's young. Next section should be Yomi going on her killing spree at Kagura's house/Kagura recieving Shiro? I guess they're trying to cut the number of flashbacks later.

Comment

Kurozuka ep. 1: Meh. Some cool-looking slo-mo ninja-samurai superpower action, but I'm really not in the mood for a pomp-and-pretense-to-the-max period piece.

DMC ep. 8: Not as good as eps 6 and 7 (then again, it's hard to top Krauser

beating up a super sentai team

) but still a real good laugh. I love this show.

Comment

Kannagi ep 2 - Pretty much agreed with Tobal on this one. I probably wouldn't rank it higher than Nodame or Clannad yet but it's certainly heading in that direction if it keeps it up. I also wouldn't rank gundam that highly but we'll leave it at that. Nice likable main characters, with that gentle slice of life pace that I love. Some good comedy moments in there too. Animation still seems to be keeping up as well and the OP is even stuck in my head. Certainly ranks as one of the best "new" new shows for me anyway. I hope it keeps it up

Comment

Mouryou no Hako 1: Erm, what? I have no idea what happened there. Very very odd. Presumably going to be some kind of series about investigating the paranormal? Animation and the soundtrack music was really nice though. Probably an even wierder start than Garei had.

On the plus side, Michiko to Hatchin aired today and from all I've been hearing, it's looking to be something really good.

Comment

Nodame Paris 1: \o/ More Nodame, and hardsubbed HD goodness! w00t! \o/
              Random remarks:
              - I hadn't seen an ANBU release in, Ghost... Can't even remember how long. Blast from the past indeed!
              - It's still funny, light-hearted, cute and good-feely.
              - Classical music still rocks.
              - I'm gonna miss Mine, Masumi and all those who stayed in Japan.
              - One love square, coming right up!
              - The computer keyboards are accurate. AZERTY layout FTW.
              - The French language, on the other hand... Slightly less so. It's not Gankutsuou bad; the words and grammar are mostly okay, but the accents range from dire to atrocious. That I had to rely on the subs to understand most of it says it all.
              - Just like when I was watching Noir, I really, really, really wish Paris looked like that.
              - Franck watches dubbed anime and dares call himself an otaku? Preposterous! (the "learn French with Puri-Gorota" bit is a smart idea, though)
              - I want more!

Comment

Ga-Rei zero ep 2, im confused - are they going to introduce a new cast and then kill em off every episode? Am I missing something having not read the manga?

Comment

It should start making sense within the next episode, maybe 2, I think. Unless they completely change everything...

Comment

Has anyone been able to find translated copies of the Juni Kokuki (Twelve Kingdoms) novels? I've found the first three but can't find the others, just wondering if anyone else has come across them?

Comment

I know there was one site but you probably already have that. I think it was mentioned in here a few years ago. Not sure if anyone else has progressed past those translations. It's licensed now anyway so they will be available eventually unless something disastrous happens.

Quite a coincidence really, because I just got a bunch of stuff through from amazon which included the first Twelve Kingdoms novel, some Slayers novels and a few volumes of Gintama/Dr Slump. Pretty good price for the 12k novel paperback(?4.79) I thought. The main problem is going to be release rate I think. As I recall the licensed versions were being released one every or was it two ever year? Something like that.

Comment

Been out for a few days but suffered a wow relapse so...

Michiko to Hatchin 1: Fantastic op, really catchy song. Animation and music is top notch. This seems like it's going to be awesome. Not much storywise beyond setting up Hana and her family of complete ***** but a good episode all the same.

Just got to watch ef for the last of my autumn pick.

Comment

Kannagi eps. 1 and 2: I agree with you guys. This show gets my approval.

Comment

I havent found anything this season that has really grabbed me by the balls and said "keep watching me"

Comment

Originally posted by oracle View Post
                              I havent found anything this season that has really grabbed me by the balls and said "keep watching me"
                              Same here mate. It has been a bit dissapointing so far. The only one is 00 but then thats a 2nd Season and isn't anything new.

I dropped alot of stuff already thats new.

Comment

I've been old-schooling recently with Yuushaoh Gaogaogai and Tekkaman Blade.

Comment

Working...
                                X