No announcement yet.

New and current FS anime Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched White Album 1 today. Conversely to Jeff's opinion earlier, I rather liked it. It gave me a true tears mixed with kanon/clannad sort of vibe. The main character seems a bit thick at the moment but possibly one of those with their heart in the right place. Like most male leads it'll probably be a source of annoyance for me later on in the series. I would love to be surprised though. Not too much has been shown of some the side characters so it's hard to comment.But they've already dropped hints at stuff which may crop up later. It all looks rather nice too. I'm usually a sucker for these types so it comes as no surprise. I've heard episode 2 is better too, which is great because I already liked it after this episode. No one quite like Noe though

Comment

Munto(insert long correct name) - Usual Kyoani style but with some action. Seems ok, but nothing that says 'watch me now'. Think Nanoha with pointy ears and not as good.

Birdy season2 - good start, well animated and surprising amount of gore like last season. Liked the OP, i know i heard that band do other OP's but i can't remember which/what.

Marimte 2-3 - Kanako reason for hating her dad/men = ok,

but hating him because he ruined your fav upper school mates life is stupid... why could she just hate him for sleeping with teenage girl and the split with her mum, and then just to forgive everything in 5 mins was hard to swallow.

Anyway i can just about forgive the show as the rest of it is ace

Bounen no Xamdou -22-23, nearing the end and it turning into eureka7'esc finale, plently of death and no secondary character is safe...

Comment

Chrome Shelled Regios 01: I have no idea what the hell is going on. Not sure if this is down to subs, poor execution of whether it's being deliberately vague. Seemed a bit of a mish-mash of chracater introductions rather than explaining much about the situation.

Tobal: If it's a new Birdy OP then it's done by the same band responsible for E7's 4th OP and D.Gray-man's first ED.

Edit: Munto 01 - I quite like this. The soundtrack's pretty good (aside the OP which sounds a bit too much like eufonius's previous work) and the story seems pretty interesting even if it's not overly grabbing.

Kemono no Shoujo Erin, Slayers and decent Birdy subs where?

Edit 2: Completely unrelated but devil Chiaki is pretty hot. Edit 3: And Hosaka in a genius. (How many more edits can I make?)

Edit 4(wheeee): Index 15 - Well that's certainly a unique spin on the whole fan-service beach episode. It's quite possible I'll never forget that second beach run. :ill:
        Last edited by Mr.Jeff; 21-01-2009, 02:04.

Comment

Rideback continues to impress. 2nd episode was also lovely.

Now that my tests are over I should start by sampling some of the newer shows...

Comment

RideBack ep2 was good, apart from i couldn't see how she could have gotten around that corner like that, she still had a ****load of momentum going even have standing modes hoping breaking and to get speed and air in 90 degree turn after breaking hard seems so stupid...

Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto Natsu no Sora ep12 - last ep, good series overall but didn't enjoy the ending as i knew they would go

for Sora passing away, it was to tempting for them not to, but that just seem bodged when we didn't see her final moments, nore have any friends with her seemed to just lose the impact for me. Bah, i would quite happily settled for magic repairing her heart, much like Sora fixing the coma lady(mostly) instead of wasting magic on her dad's wish, she could have done with out magic.

Regios - seemed ok, got a decent setting but they've gonna with present+flashback school life to show how he got where he is. Very MD giest feeling with the mostly poor art.

Clannad After ep14 - great ep, the bit at the end had me in tears from laughter.

Comment

FYI Paprika is £5 in HMV.

I've downloaded 75 eps of gintama, on ep3 so far, unsure if it was worth the wait.

Comment

I'm still gutted I didnt pick up the entire Robotech saga boxset on DVD for &#163;10 >_<

Comment

&#163;10 a bargin unless it the movies put together.

Whos watching who for Naruto now db are being dicks? I'm tempted by horrible subs 1080p but then does Naruto filler crap need 300mb files

Comment

It was the entire TV series, something like 98 episodes? (I forget and cant be bothered to check heh)

I'm just using whoever shows up first for Naruto now, which is usually HorribleSubs (they arent that bad actually). I cringed more times during the first episode of the filler than I do when I go to the dentist

Comment

Just finished watching Kannagi. I really enjoyed it! Some nice funny moments and it was just the right side of ecchi - never going silly (if you get my meaning). It seems a bit open at the end - any chance of a second series?

Don't know what to start next that I have a complete series of. Possibly Kamen no Maid Guy or maybe even Shigofumi (that's how far behind I am).

I've got the first 11 Kiro****suji in HD and it looks incredible!! HD anime is amazing!

It's a shame that I can't convert .mkv files into a suitable format for my iPhone that displays the subtitles too. My 90ish minute commute in the morning and at night gives me loads of time to watch anime!!

Comment

Thought I'd post in here as I've just started to "properly" get into anime (previously only gone with video game tie ins such as Arc the Lad, Final Fantasy and Pokemon)

Just been watching a couple of episodes of Naruto (currently on ep3 and have enjoyed the first 2 so far - love the whole cheery vibe to it and it's pretty damn funny - the US dub is pretty hit and miss, but for me the cheese factor of it makes these shows for me.) Does it get much better beyond the initial few episodes?

Also got Season 1 of Bleach which I've not seen yet, with the first part of season 1 of Fullmetal Alchemist on the way - what's the general opinion of these?

Finally, would anyone recommend picking up the Neon Genesis Evangelion collector's tin for &#163;12? Has all the episodes apart from the movies that finish off the show.

Comment

It's worth 12quid I'd say.

Comment

Damn, sendit have taken it down from their site

Should have bought it yesterday with all my other dvds

Comment

Naruto is arguably at its best in the first 14 episodes (wave country arc), so you'll know if you're gonna like the series by then I think. There's alot of episodes, wish I could erase my memory of them and watch them again 'cause when it gets to Shippuden the series isn't the same imo.

I don't think the movies finish off Evangelion from what I remember, they're just a recap of the series? You can just watch the series for the entire story. Could also check out Rebuild Of Evangelion for some more modern recap movies.

Comment

I'm enjoying Naruto (I've reviewed something like 9 volumes of it now, next volume starts the biiiig filler). It manages to spread out a lot of good fights and occasionally up its budget for an impressive fight. It's fun watching lots of different abilities. Zabuza (the first big villain) is great though and isn't really matched but it does have some good bad guys.

Not enjoying Bleach though. Great character designs, awful writing: Ichigo gets his arse kicked, dies or nearly dies, comes back much stronger, wins easily. Pretty much every single one of his fights is like that. The more enjoyable fights actually involve side characters. Kenpachi is awesome mind.

FMA is a great series, good action complex plot and it's not afraid to be incredibly hard hitting (there're at least a couple of moments that'll stick with you) . Loses it towards the end where it diverges from the Manga. The movie is weird, oddly historically accurate but deeply unsatisfying. There's a new series being made with a higher budget that follows the manga route.

<plug> You can find reviews I've written of all of them on www.ukanime.com </plug>

For the Eva movies, they're set in an alternate universe (some are speculating that it

actually takes place after third impact

). The first movie is essentially the first 4 episodes done with a huge budget and only slight differences. Next movie however diverges from the TV series, introduces Asuka and a new female pilot (not Mana from Girlfriend of Steel)

Comment

Working...
                                X