No announcement yet.

New and current FS anime Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't check back but did anyone else catch the first episode of the Wangan Midnight anime. I really enjoyed it, although it is painfully obvious that the same guys who did Initial D are behind this, the graphic style is pretty much indentical. Nice cliffhanger to end the first episode as well!

Comment

the second wangan midnight is pretty good too.
      not sure what on earth is going on with that car though. but i'm liking it so far.

i love the ending too, with those guys dancing around, although its probably not meant to be funny

Comment

Originally posted by Wild_Cat View Post
        Up till now, Seto no Hanayome was somewhere between "not bad at all" and "really good." Episode 10, however, is an absolute riot. Watch it. Now.
        finsihed watching it now, and my god! I was shrieking with laughter every time he turned up.

Loved the bit at the start where no-one would believe him about a 2 metre tall man , followed up Set/Runa father showdown that was proper brutal, i felt that throw head 1st into the urinal. And then his exit lol!!

Comment

Claymore eps 12 - Getting to the good stuff now,

Opheilia has just appeared and Raki n' Clare have split up. I think this is one of my favourite arcs.

Claymore manga - have there been anymore releases since chapter 72? The place I go to hasnt been updating their manga section

Comment

scanlated ch73 has been out for maybe 2 weeks. Check TT for it. Looks like the story be focusing on the new class 47/4 combo tracking a certain former number 3 for a while.

No idea if 73 was the last release in RAW form.

Comment

It's not a fansub but is certainly new anime - I watched Freedom 1 tonight on HD DVD. It's the latest from Otomo Katsuhiro, and it's visually very, very much like Akira and Steamboy. It even has a lengthy bike chase sequence which again looks a lot like Akira.

The PQ and AQ are beyond outstanding as you would expect given the format, and it also has some pretty amazing picture in picture HDi extras. I enjoyed the story too, all 20 minutes of it, it hints at some really interesting history about the central premise of a destroyed earth with the remaining humans living in a colony on the moon. Oh and the Otomo design work runs right through the scenery too, which is often hyper detailed in typical Otomo style.

In short - if you like Otomo's work this is absolutely essential. The HD DVD also includes a regular SD DVD version too, but watching this in HD is a real treat.

Comment

you can get hq subs of Freedom up to last months release of ep3, i enjoy it as the story really starts going once you hit ep2.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                  No idea if 73 was the last release in RAW form.
                  It will have been. Apparently the manga releases for Claymore are once a month rather than the usual once a week.

Had a laugh and watched a few more episodes of Kiss Dum. The story is actually reasonabely interesting in a wierd way but dear lord, it's so very poorly animated. Episode 3 in particular is an utter nightmare to watch. And yet, I'm still watching it...

Comment

Death Note 36 -

Absolutely loving this, even when L met his demise and it lulled a tad after, it's been compulsive viewing and the "stand-off" in the Yellow Box really felt very well-paced and executed perfectly. Typical cliff-hanger though, has Near usurped Light? I can't wait for it next week.

Oh, it's been subbed by "C&D"
                    Last edited by Bleeders; 21-06-2007, 12:20.

Comment

Anyone here good at making animated gifs? I want a ani gif of Konata falling asleep on the train had me in stitches, the guy next to her was cracking me up.

Lucky Star eps 11 was great, the whole episode was funny but I loved the stuff on the train and the electric shocks.
                      Last edited by Orgun; 21-06-2007, 17:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders View Post
                        Death Note 36
                        was another great episode.
                        i watched the Ruberia version as it was the first i saw out, seemed reasonable to me. a bit of engrish, but the translation made sense, so i cant be bothered to get another version.

loved the cliffhanger, with only one episode left, i still cant imagine whats going to happen. has he really won?... i hope so.

all up to date with nodame cantabile and heroic age now too.
                        nodame is just brilliant, i dont want it to end.
                        heroic age isnt anything special, but its ok i guess. i might just watch and delete instead of wasting space with it. the best thing about it is the orchestral theme that plays in every episode though, love that music.

Comment

Originally posted by Orgun View Post
                          Anyone here good at making animated gifs? I want a ani gif of Konata falling asleep on the train had me in stitches, the guy next to her was cracking me up.

Lucky Star eps 11 was great, the whole episode was funny but I loved the stuff on the train and the electric shocks.
                          go animsuki for that type of thing. http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=46168

Best bits for me, static shocks with Konata's dad and the MMO bit on christmas eve. And for once i actually new the ending credits song

Comment

I knew the ending which had the FMP:Fumoffu song but that's the only one I've recognised. I really like Lucky Star, I know people are constantly complaining that it's not funny all the time but I find it entertaining even with just the character interactions.

Death Note, just argh. What a mess. Can't wait for the ending.

Comment

Thanks for that link Tobal.

I dont think i've actually recognised any of the ending music yet but then again I usually skips most of the end music on animes after watching them once.

Comment

Finished watching ep12 of Seto no Hanayome... i think its edged out everything else on the comedy romace bus this season(Lovely Complex just behind it). I don't think i stopped laughing till the end. Everytime he got stamped on the balls... and some of his reactions... lol, brilliant. Runa such makes such a great tsundere, i like her over set-chan.

also..

a possible Shark Fujishiro + Mawari romace lol... the way he just poped out of nowhere and they both have a blushing laugh together was just so unreal

Comment

Working...
                                X