New and current FS anime Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gurren Lagann:

I was wondering how they would manage the intro after last weeks. I was starting to think they'd change the intro despite only being 9 episodes into it. Most of the episode I was just thinking how it wasn't enjoyable without Kamina around. I'll be pissed if Simon turns into a Shinji-esque whining boy for the rest of the series though.

Comment

Anyone seen the Brave Story movie? I saw it available for download in a lovely looking 720p version...

Comment

now manabi straight has finished, lucky star is the only cutey show i'm watching...good job its amazing.

the end of episode 8 is brilliant.
        i was looking forward to hearing her sing in english, but what we actually got was probably funnier.

Comment

Forgot i'd finished watching Manabi, ep11's actual festival was pretty good and loved the band bit that reminded me a crap load of Haruhi's Bunny Girl rock out. Ep12 finish was very well done and wrapped it up completely, don't think i seen a ending in a while get it this right. We get the girls future plans, goodbye's and eventual meet up when there alitte older. Plus for once outside of there school uniforms(especially Mei driving) the girls looked almost like the 17/18's year olds they should be

Seirei no Moribito ep7-8 - on abit of lull from the action to take time to setup the next part of the story, which finally get use Balsa's backstory (no backflash sadly).

Lucky Star ep8 - good stuff again, loved the sports day sport with Konata revealling her reason for winning

Track'n'Field

, the cute recorder bit and of course Lucky Channel.

Claymore ep9 - If there's one thing i love about anime its always the looked down the nose, underdog with loads potential and Claymore is really good at it, that it gives One Piece a run for its money. Anyway this ep sets up the Claymore ranking system of strength

(Claire turns out of 47th of 47 Claymores in her Area/Class) and Claire's gets to go on a suicide mission, to i guess teach her what a proper Awakened is

, next episode should be a ace,

4 Claymores vs a Male Awakened.... and the strongest Claymore of the 4 is already down.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
            Forgot i'd finished watching Manabi, ep11's actual festival was pretty good and loved the band bit that reminded me a crap load of Haruhi's Bunny Girl rock out. Ep12 finish was very well done and wrapped it up completely, don't think i seen a ending in a while get it this right. We get the girls future plans, goodbye's and eventual meet up when there alitte older. Plus for once outside of there school uniforms(especially Mei driving) the girls looked almost like the 17/18's year olds they should be
            The band episode comparison is made even more poignant when you realise that the leader of the band is the voiced by Yuki from Haruhi once again wielding a guitar and of course Haruhi's VA was in from the start as Mei although she didn't sing in Manabi.

Great series though.

Comment

watched episode 03 of Dennou Coil and episode 09 of claymore earlier. Im impressed with every episode released of both shows. they get more interesting and impressive to watch in every release so far.

Comment

Claymore will keep getting better and better, after ep9 and I hunted down the first 12 volumes(of 13 out I think), currently the anime?s up to volume 6 and the stuff coming in the current fight and up to volume 9 is really good(where I?ve read up to). I?m guessing the Anime will end with the concussion of the Northern Expedition, so it will get a berserk style anime ending if it never gets a second season.

Comment

Kaze no Stigma ep5-8 - I?m really enjoying now, mainly because of kazuma?s and Ayano relationship is always fun to watch, her flying off with rage(often jealous) with kazuma?s teasing and flirting.

Claymore manga vol 6-13 ? Worth reading, during the current anime fight and everything following it has made it in to my top three manga?s (with Gantz and One Piece, dislodging Negima). It?s just brilliant the way Clare is built up to overcome strong enemies, not from massive stupid power ups(bleach) because she?s still a weak Claymore but through her Yoma energy Control/Senses just about manages to scrape through missions while the behind the scene?s stuff with the policies of the organisation and Major Yoma forces(won?t spoiler that for you ) goes on to give it depth. Can?t wait to see these fights animated, if there done as well as what?s been shown already.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                    Kaze no Stigma ep5-8 - I?m really enjoying now, mainly because of kazuma?s and Ayano relationship is always fun to watch, her flying off with rage(often jealous) with kazuma?s teasing and flirting.
                    Same here. That's why I was kind of surprised when you were close to dropping the show. Although I suppose ep1 didn't do much for me either. But it got better (or more enjoyable to put it another way) for me with more of the interactions between the main two. Need to catch up on it now...

Comment

On Tobals recommendation I started to read the Claymore Manga, its pretty dull at the start and the anime is pretty much EXACTLY the same as the first five volumes but from Six onward its started to get much better.
                      Last edited by Orgun; 06-06-2007, 16:51.

Comment

I quick read through vol 1-5 as it exactly same as the anime, but it still liked it. I like that they start bringing in there universes powerlevel, explaining offensive and defensive types, Yoma Energy, special moves(each high-ranked claymore has 1 or 2 super skills) early. It really doesn?t get going till Clare fights her 1st awakened in vol 6 and we get start getting proper Claymore secondary characters that may or may not stick with Clare(let you read up they rest ).

Comment

Would you pair recommend reading the manga then or should I patiently wait for the next 16 weeks to find out what happens?

Mind you, if episode 10 ends on a cliffhanger, I'll probably end up reading ahead anyway.

Comment

Read it! Read it! Read it! Just finished the last chapter I could find, Vol 13 Ch 72, if the anime gets this far I can't wait

Do not read the spoiler tags if your watching the anime and arent going to read the manga. You have been warned Hey Tobal

How awesome was the 24 Claymores vs 24 Awakened Ones battle, I got goosebumps when Clare awakened her legs and arm, hope it makes it into the anime.
                            I was thinking now that Clare has the "borrowed" arm that if she awakens it will probably be different from the rest of her.
                            Can't wait to see how Raki turns out having spent 7 years with Isley, wonder if they've turned him into a male awakened one...I expect that'll happen.

Gaaaaaaaaaawed I need more chapters >_<

Oh i've started to watch Hayate the Combat Butler, hilarious stuff. Had me in tears when they started to dress him up in womens clothing. The narrators / tigers voice sounds soooo familiar, really bugging me because I know i've heard it somewhere before. Guess he kinda sounds like the Cat Dad from Azumana Daioh.

Comment

Yeah, I made up my mind after episode 10 that I needed to see what happens so I've got the manga on download. :P

As for the tiger, any of these look familiar?

Comment

Ah no wonder the tiger sounds familiar, he's been in a butt load of animes a lot of which i've seen.

Comment

Working...
                                X