New and current FS anime Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unsure if anybody here has done this before and maybe they can help

i recently downloaded hokuto no ken raoh and it doesnt have any subtitles, but there is a subtitle patch available which i've also downloaded

how do i get the patch to work with the avi file

do i have to just put them in the same folder?

little bit confused

Comment

a subtitle patch? is it a .ass, .srt or .ssa file? If so it'll need to be in the same directory as the video file and also have the same name i.e. if your video file is called [HoM]Hokuto_No_Ken_-_12[DSA7263].avi then your subtitle file should also be named [HoM]Hokuto_No_Ken_-_12[DSA7263].ssa or whatever the extension is. You'll also need directvobsub installed for that to work (I think). I guess you could just load the subtitle using whatever player since I know that mpc has an option like that. Otherwise I'm not sure what else it could be.

-------------------
      -------------------

So Dennou Coil has finally come out and the first subs are out. I've been following the show for a while before airing mainly due to some people hyping it up a bit in other places. It's got loads of backing, good animation staff behind it, good timeslot in Japan etc... 26 episodes long and the whole thing seems quite unique. I've not had time to see the first episode myself yet(should hopefully get round to that later today) but the impressions for the first episode have been positive. Just thought I'd give a heads up.

Also some other stuff I didn't see mentioned here (it's quite old news now): Da Capo II is getting an anime, there was an announcement a while back. No official date yet.

And Genshiken is finally going to get a second season it seems, to be shown later this year.

So something to look forward to towards the end of the year, not that I don't have enough to watch...

Comment

Naruto Movie 3 ? I enjoyed it for the fights, I think the whole Kakashi plot device thing was him using his MS on beating down the tons of soldiers(and knackering him out) so to allow Naruto screen time to have the final fight to himself, the first set of fights the baddies had the advantage due to poison altering the good guys perception. The 2nd set of fights just followed standard shounen fighting rule set, 1) Bad guys get upper hand, 2) Good guys powerup and lay?th the smack down.

Lovely Complex ep6 ? Surprised just how quick the story is moving for a romance comedy must be ep12/13 season. Anyway some more great little bist, Risa trying to make a confession with he friends looking on, staring them down and Otani being very slow witted.

Claymore ep7 ? Holy feck, Claymore Vs Claymore battles are insane, the hole 4v1 felt really epic and No2 Claymore going toe to toe with Teresa duelling blades, its abit sad that we already know what the outcome will be but I wonder how many of the Yoma?d up Claymore will die along with Teresa. Need more.

Da Capo II all new characters isn?t it? And great news on Genshiken, I was thinking it was all over after ep15(OVA3) is released.

Comment

DC II is set 53 years in the future apparently and it involves you know who's grandkids/kids or something so yeah new characters.

Claymore sounds good... still have a few eps backlogged. Not long now though and I'll be able to catch up with a few more shows.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
            unsure if anybody here has done this before and maybe they can help

i recently downloaded hokuto no ken raoh and it doesnt have any subtitles, but there is a subtitle patch available which i've also downloaded

how do i get the patch to work with the avi file

do i have to just put them in the same folder?

little bit confused
            If there's no seperate subtitle file then it will be using embedded subs. Just turn them on with the right click menu in VLC.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
              Claymore ep7 ? Holy feck, Claymore Vs Claymore battles are insane, the hole 4v1 felt really epic and No2 Claymore going toe to toe with Teresa duelling blades, its abit sad that we already know what the outcome will be but I wonder how many of the Yoma?d up Claymore will die along with Teresa. Need more.
              It's almost a shame that it's going to go back to Clare and her mega annoying sidekick eventually. The stuff been shown in the past few weeks has been far more interesting than the start.

Looking forward to seeing the first ep of Dennou Coil.

Comment

Claymore 7 - That was a good episode, pretty much the whole 25 mins was fighting

In the preview for the next episode it looks like Teresa is finally going to use her Yoma powers

Death Note - Man Light is awesome, I never would have thought of doing that.

Did anyone else think that the new guy with the notebook looks like Light just with longer hair Seems like Light is becoming really powerful now, he has minions >_< haha

Heroic Age 7 (or was it 6) - O_o that Acting captain has ridiculous breasts. Anyone else think the 3rd Nodos looks a bit like a zoanoid from Guyver?
                Last edited by Orgun; 18-05-2007, 08:40.

Comment

Lucky Star worth watching, chaps?

Comment

Indeed it is Bleeders IMO anyway. Its a parody anime, one of the few that actually makes me laugh out loud. First couple of episodes are a bit slow, its sort of like Azumanga Daioh.

Comment

If you like School Girls(there 17 years olds looking like 12), Lots of Random fluff talk about how to eat a cream cone to playing video games instead of homework, lots of subtle jokes(like why Moe blobs Father can tie a kimono belt), tons of anime/videogame/film parodies and cameo?s and Lucky Channel?s Arika coming out with great lines like ?I?m I hit with the pervert/pedo demographic? and different end credits every week feature some song from a famous anime, tv show or jpop, karaoke?d to.

I like it.

Comment

I don't actually get what the Lucky Channel thing is about but I still find it funny Who's it supposed to be a parody of?

Comment

As far as i know, its like a Agony Aunt/Fanzone bit. In the manga it was started to anwser fans questions who wrote in and eventually grew more and more.

Comment

Ah I see. One more question about Akira...she looks familiar, is she in the actual show but with a different look / personality? Or is she just a random character?

Watched the initial D bit again, still makes me laugh

Comment

She is just from Lucky Channel, no idea if she'll appear outside Lucky Channel (i'm not even sure if she's in the openning credits).

Comment

Just watched the first episode of Dennou Coil. I can see why so many people have been raving about this. I can't remember the last time I saw something this interesting to watch. It's sort of like a cross between the technological bits of Serial Experiments Lain and dot Hack but also something completely different as well. Great animation and lots of charm though.

Comment

Working...
                                X