No announcement yet.

New and current FS anime Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the inventiveness of the fights and situations most of all, suprisingly clever.

Though i can see the parallel between it and DBZ, the latter seemed to be more about bigger/stronger/faster fireballs than anything really original within a fight.

Comment

You'll find that after the Zabuza/Haku arc, (start of the Chunin exams/forest of death) the recaps at the start stop happening at all together. And as Shrend say's the fighting can be quite technical at times when it comes to countering powerful jitsu or over coming a strong defense, oh and of course ROCK LEE.

The next major well animated fight doesn't happen till Sasuke/Naruto get into major trouble in the forest of death.

Nice surprises this week, new Twin Spica episode release(THX YOU LORD), viewful joe anime coming, Maria-sama continued is brilliant run and we got another dvd special.

Comment

Viewtiful Joe anime!!! Henshin-da-go-go-babeh!!

Keep me posted Tobal ^^

Comment

Anyone know if the new Ghost in the Shell: Innocence DVD has English subtitles?

I bought it today without checking, the back doesn't appear to mention English subs. i don't want to unwrap it in case I have to take it back tomorrow.

Comment

yeah subs are present kinda engrish though, there is however a subbed version on the net by the great Band of Hawks.
            Last edited by newmiyamoto; 15-09-2004, 17:12.

Comment

The viewtiful Joe anime has been anticipated/known about for a while, and the october air date means we shall know what its like pretty soon.

However, there are so many things that could possibly go wrong with this series including pacing (this is scheduled for 52 episodes). Also it seems capcom have decided to animate it in-house.

but anyway all we can do is wait...

Comment

52 epsiodes! Thats about my continue rate for the game ^^

Comment

Samurai 7 has been hot lately, but Naruto hasnt.

101 WAS THE WORST EPISODE EVER!

I WANT STORY GODAMNIT!!1

Comment

Bestus character EVA!! How heavy is this guy, look at him!! I can't wait to see the **** this dude will hand out XD

Comment

Originally posted by TheShend
                      Bestus character EVA!! How heavy is this guy, look at him!! I can't wait to see the **** this dude will hand out XD

[weeps]

Comment

Rock Lee is the man, same he just has bad luck when it comes to picking fights....
                        Spoilers for Rock Lee's return(current manga stuff)

1st Gaara and then he gets to fight Kimi for his return fight, perhaps the strongest Ninja in naruto, heck even sasuke and Naruto inthere current 'powered' up state couldn't take out kimi and orochimaru would have had him over Sasuke if Kimi didn't have fatal illness. Rock Lee may be the man, but Kimi the coolest ninja so far.

Comment

EVER! EVER!

Comment

Looks like where getting a new story arc for naruto in Tea Country (oh Dear!) well it can't far any worse than some of one piece anime only story arcs. but at least both series mangas are really good at the moe.

The uncut eps of Gantz are out(1 and 2), currently downloading the 1st ep to try it out, hopfeully we'll get Uncut Girls Bravo to. And as anyone download the DvD rip of Ghost in the Shell 2? it's a good 1gb big.

Comment

WOW, watching Gantz uncut makes it so much better(not that it bad before) it's gore level is on par with Elfen Lied, the episodes are longer now(ep2 ends on the big alien showing up, where in the cut version he was finished off) and the fights make better sense like the blonde guy, in the cut version you just get the cutaway with a 'flesh being ripped' noise, instead u get his head cut off and his body torn in half. Worth getting.

Comment

Ghost inthe Shell:2 , top stuff. Animation without peer. Shame the story wasn't that good but still enjoyable, the TV series is still better when it comes to that. It leaves you hanging for ages on the Major's appearance, but then that does let batou have the show to himself which isn't as bad thing, but we also miss out on the hardware like the spider tanks, cloaks and other assorted kickass technology, its also a reverse of the 1st Film and TV series.

Much like the 1st film and Tv servies, action doesn't happen all that often but when it does, it's top notch. Watching Batou vs the Dolls near the end was well scripted fight. My only major complaint is the music, nowhere near the standard of the 1st movie and certainly no where near as good as the TV series brilliant sound tracks.

As for the subbing quality(by Hawks), its not without errors, the timing is off and sometimes you'll notice entire speech missed or chinese(i think) not being translated. Still with my limited understanding of japanese is seemed pretty accurate, the file is well over a gig big and is encoded in AC3 for a sound codec, something i'm not a fan of, as while i get proper 5.1 it does a crap job of letting the voice of characters being heard over the sound effects and music, so turn up the sound and lower the bass ^_^
                                Last edited by Tobal; 23-09-2004, 18:48.

Comment

Working...
                                X