New and current FS anime Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tobal
    New shows - (of the nws shows out, i've only managed to watch 1 so far)
    Watched Midori no Hibi and Madlax last night. I really enjoyed Midori no Hibi and the premise of a teenage girl becoming the right-hand of teenage boy she is in love with, is typically quirky and the series looks like its going to be very funny.

Madlax is very hard to judge on the first episode alone, its being done by Bee Train so it has strong vibes of Avenger and Noir. Its look its going to need some time to develop just like Avenger (which personally I enjoyed alot).

I'll probably try to watch Kenran Butoh Sai: The Mars Daybreak and This Ugly and beautiful world tonight.

Regarding FMA 25
    Originally posted by spoiler
    I still can't believe that Hughes is dead, not only was he one of my favourite characters but he was the funniest character in the anime. It'll be interesting to see how the Elric brothers will react once they find out about his death.

Comment

Naruto 78......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

twas good, different fight scenes and story (of sorts) coupled with some good animation made it the first supremely satisfying episode in a while.

Comment

where are you guys buying or watching all these news series?

Comment

Originally posted by gingerj
            where are you guys buying or watching all these news series?
            downloading fansubs, then buying on r1/r2 (mainly jap) release from the shops listed in the myriad of anime buying threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal
              Tenjou Tenge - school fighting stuff with lots border line ecchi stuff, ok characters so far, but great animation and art style. Certainly a watch for me, with no air master to watch.
              The manga's being translated at mangatranslations.com, I think. I read quite a lot of it a while ago and enjoyed it, so give it a shot.

Anyway, Samurai Champloo (from the Cowboy Bebop director) starts next month. I'm so absolutely getting hold of that.

I lost interest in Mezzo DSA after the fifth episode since it was turning out **** compared to the OAV, and I couldn't find anywhere to download GITS:SAC 24 and then the series just ran off, so I never finished that either. Gah. And AnimeCo is taking for-****ing-ever in translating Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu Final...

Comment

Bobobo ep 3 out, it also seem alot of th enew shows this season are Girls with Guns

Though i have got around to watching some of the new stuff

*'Midori no Hibi' was pretty good, i love the idea of having a girl becoming his right hand.

*'Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai' brilliant animation for the fight since kind of reminded of that master piece Scryed but mixed up with Figure17/Devilman, interesting to say the least.

*Kenran Butoh Sa, fighitng mecha but in water, not watched it yet

*Koi Kaze, school girl stuff, haven't watch it either

*Madlax and Bakuretsu Tenshi(looks like vandread, made by the same Gonzo team) both girls with guns, not watched either yet.

and finally

*Monster, i been told to look out for this one, sound quite good starts off all ER then gets strange, waiting for FS other than Totan(i really hate they're video quality)

Some of the older stuff..

*Planetes, a ton of episodes released in one week of my current fav anime(this and Twin Spica) it great watching Hoshino change so much to get his dream and leave Tanabe and the Hann section behind.

*Jubei-chan Season 2, finished this week. Nice ending but the final fight was quite bah! compared to Jubei vs Jubei in the previous episode, but the joining of Jubei and Freeza at the end rocked and made final quite sad when the half the cast left to go heaven/spirit world. if you haven't been watching go get all of Solar's effort, it worth the watch.

*Paranoia Agent, absolute freaky ep 5 and 6, and that toad like cop really makes me angery everytime i seem him, plus it seem there more going on than just Shounen Bat.

*Also watched all of Maria-sama ga Miteru(The Virgin] Mary is Watching) in one sitting and even though its a quite girly show, i found quite interesting and the main characters likable and the hints of lesbian's delightfull, bring onthe 2nd season

Comment

Originally posted by Dache

I lost interest in Mezzo DSA after the fifth episode since it was turning out **** compared to the OAV, and I couldn't find anywhere to download GITS:SAC 24 and then the series just ran off, so I never finished that either. Gah. And AnimeCo is taking for-****ing-ever in translating Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu Final...
                  Mezzo really lost it after the 2nd episode, they must have blown every Yen on the first episode and the opening/ending, i guess the FS'ers feel the same way, being there's know more FS past 8(have as been that way for a few months now)

GITS - SAC final eps and current 2nd GIG are only worth getting gtom LMF, you should check the anime newsgroups if u have access to them, they're posted quite regularly.

Comment

No newsgroups. Bittorrent is the only answer, annoyingly.

On Mezzo, I heard that there was a US company I forget the name of now that said they'd pay the production company money for production in exchange the US license, but they never ponyed up the cash. I guess they were relying on getting that money.

Comment

*Naruto ep 78 = brilliant, not as well animated as i would have hoped but the scenes/set-pieces/music came together really well, can't say much for the new Opening though, but at least the new endings the best so far, decent song and good video.

*Naruto manga current arc(up to 212) -
                      Wow , great fights, Naruto going nuts, Kimi having the sickist Bloodline limit ever, Rock Lee's return and drunken fighting and the SAND NINJA's with new outfits, Temari = , i think that about covers it
                      *Bakuretsu Tenshi, pretty good stuff going by just the 1st episode, and gonzo usually put out the good stuff, it's like Vandread with less women and on the ground with male lead being a useless cook.

*Kenran Butoh Sai, Meh! quite boring first episode, the mecha fights in water does nothing for me, i think im putting this on a 3 episode limit to see if it picks up.

*Gungrave ep 24, good stuff, Bunji's fight with Grave was great and Sheri how its just Harry vs Grave.

Comment

Some of the new shows were pretty cool.

The new Gainax one shouted Devilman to my friend and me.

Slightly off topic, but which Manga would you recommend to buy. I'm looking for romantic comedy type ones. Love Hina and Chobits are the ones I'm looking at at the moment*. Although I'm tempted buy the Eva manga with the new covers to replace the copies I've got at the moment.

*I read the scanlation of Love Hina today and loved it. I also loved the Chobits TV series.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasuke
                          Slightly off topic, but which Manga would you recommend to buy.
                          It's been done before, but anyway -- Blade of the Immortal, Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind, and Gunsmith Cats. Depart and buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasuke
                            Slightly off topic, but which Manga would you recommend to buy. I'm looking for romantic comedy type ones.
                            kare kano is a pretty good rom com manga.

Naruto manga current arc(up to 212) -

Wow , great fights, Naruto going nuts, Kimi having the sickist Bloodline limit ever, Rock Lee's return and drunken fighting and the SAND NINJA's with new outfits, Temari = , i think that about covers it
                            Temari looks Soooo Hot!! in the inane colour pic, i'm gonna ask paintpixel to marry me
                            No newsgroups. Bittorrent is the only answer, annoyingly.
                            or irc.

Monster, i been told to look out for this one, sound quite good starts off all ER then gets strange, waiting for FS other than Totan(i really hate they're video quality)
                            anime-keep have done the first episode, pretty decent sub (from a hq english fansubber). i'd recommend staying away from all of totan's subs as they are VERY inaccurate, but there not to blame; they are a scandanavian/eastern european collective trying to sub in english, plus as tobal said there encoding sucks.

Anyway, Samurai Champloo (from the Cowboy Bebop director) starts next month. I'm so absolutely getting hold of that.

yup, it looks like everyone and there granma is gonna sub that series. can't wait for it.

new volume of slam dunk is out and i finally started clearing some of my manga and comics backlog and came across a series called BECK, really cool series about an indie rock band. i'm not really into the indie scene but this really drawed (sp?) me in.

comments on the new series will be more forthcoming a few episodes in.

oh yeah, new HxH:GI F episode out last night.

Comment

OMGOMGOMGOMFG!111

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo 3!!!! is on Mugen!!11

Comment

Got!

Comment

Working...
                                X