This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tommy Verceti
    Its buyers on ebay & paypal that are doing my head in at the mo.

This guy bought an item off me, then says he bought it in error & would like to offer me the cost of listing the item back because of the hassle. I thought that it sounded pretty good to me. So I said yes & told him I'd still have to file a dispute (in order to get my FVF back) but that I'd state it was a mutual agreement, meaning he wouldnt get neg strike.
    Its been a week & no payment has turned up so I file a dispute anyway. He's replied to the dispute & says I wont action this any further when he tells ebay that I made him an offer in order for me to not leave a negative feedback for him & for claiming the FVF. What a cheek!! He's basically blackmailing me now!, & I stated this in my response. He just wanted to keep me sweet but now he doesnt want to pay out for the listing of this item.
    The problem is now I know he's gonna make up some bull**** in his feedback to me & I'm gonna have my 1st negative. And all because ebay is full of twats like this guy.
    I thought if they dident pay they dont get to leave feedback, stupid system if they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski
      I thought if they dident pay they dont get to leave feedback, stupid system if they do.
      the only way they cant leave feedback is if they dont respond to a buyer/seller dispute

the thing is they can respond but ebay will remove it with the comment i posted above left in its place

@ Lebowski: getting a negative really sets you free on ebay, you finally free yourself from worrying about getting one and you dont really care what others try and do especially. I've still only had one from an Idiot American bought a uk game and left me a neg when it wouldnt work even though i told him how to get it too work

Comment

Got a "fake" Lik-Sang email today, I think... :S

Thing is, they got my email right, but the "this page" link (in bold) links to:

Yes, Lik with a J...

----------

Dear valued customer,

Your Login/Email is: [email protected]
        Your password is: ********

As of today, Lik-Sang.com will not be in the position to accept any new orders and will cancel and refund all existing orders that have already been placed. Furthermore, Lik-Sang is working closely with banks and PayPal to refund any store credits held by the company, and the customer support department is taking care of any open transactions such as pending RMAs or repairs and shipping related matters. The staff of Lik-Sang will make sure that nobody will get hurt in the crossfire of this ordeal. To read the full article please visit: http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3901

Our records indicates you can retrieve an additional $ 9,99 USD refund in your PayPal account. In order to successfully retrieve the refund please confirm your existing PayPal account on this page. Please notice that the confirmation of your PayPal account is needed to have this refund send into your PayPal account.

If your PayPal account is no longer active on this ([email protected]) address you will have to create a free PayPal account at: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...gistration-run to retrieve this refund. Once your account is created and activated please confirm your account information at the above page.

We feel very sorry for any inconvenience and trying to make all refunds to take place as soon as possible.

Team Lik-Sang

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon
          the only way they cant leave feedback is if they dont respond to a buyer/seller dispute

the thing is they can respond but ebay will remove it with the comment i posted above left in its place

@ Lebowski: getting a negative really sets you free on ebay, you finally free yourself from worrying about getting one and you dont really care what others try and do especially. I've still only had one from an Idiot American bought a uk game and left me a neg when it wouldnt work even though i told him how to get it too work
          Yeah I think this guy has done this b4. I really thought he was being genuinely sincere about buying by mistake & offering to pay the listing fees for the trouble caused. I explained that I'd still have to file a dispute to get my other fees back but that I would choose the 'mutually ended' option so that he wouldnt get a strike against him. I filed the dispute & he turns into a twat, & I still havent had the listing fee costs he assured that I would get.
          He's got 100% feedback too but I'm just wondering now if he was being sly & not genuine & actually does this to keep sellers quiet & to save his own feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Verceti
            He's got 100% feedback too but I'm just wondering now if he was being sly & not genuine & actually does this to keep sellers quiet & to save his own feedback.
            you could be right

i recently had a guy bid on an item from America and when it arrived it suddenly was covered in scratches and he asked for a refund

told him i would be happy to refund only the cost of the item as the return postage to me and the postage to him would not be refunded

he decided that a small refund would be the best bet and i agreed, i dont mind putting my hand up if i'm in the wrong and have fecked up an auction, but i'm still sure it was perfect when it left me

anyway my point is that if i still had 100% feedback i might have sent him a full refund plus shipping back to me, whereas he had 100% and settled for a small refund so he didnt get a negative from me

Comment

Im having same problem again like i had awhile ago.

My Item watch list is all muddled up.

All Ended items show up first. Then my other items im watching have all the Days jumbled up.

Need some help getting them all back in order. If someone can PM me help right away it'd be much appreciated as me and my dad have important auctions coming up and we don't want to miss the majority of them.

EDIT: just remembered the 'Time left' button.
              Last edited by adam_the_browndog; 07-11-2006, 01:09.

Comment

Grrr what's annoying me at the moment is I'm trying to buy Tiger Woods 2006 for the Xbox 360, a game that is region locked, I've traced this one NTSC-J copy as people buy it, get it, then sell it a day later with "I wanted PAL, this is NTSC"... and the process just keeps iterating itself.

I got outbid at the last second today, by someone who doesn't have an NTSC-J Xbox (I checked his feedback to examine his buying habbits). Added to that the seller was retarded and called it NTSC(US) but when I questioned him he confirmed it was NTSC-J (how could he deny it, I bidded on the same auction he did, he just won it).

I just wanted to rant on this, that's all. It happens every time an EA Sports NTSC-J game comes on the eBay market =/

Comment

I hadn't used my ebay account to sell anything for a while, so when I sold something recently, ebay billed me via direct debit, but since they hadn't used the direct debit for over a year, it had expired. So rather than just asking me to create a new one, they added a ?5 penalty to my account. I checked with my bank and they confirmed that it's ebay's job to check the direct debit mandate is still active before using it and that in no way should they be charging me for their problem. Anyway, I've paid my (?1.43) fees via paypal and asked them to remove the penalty. Fingers crossed, although I'm not holding out much hope.

Comment

No doubt they'll apply an appropiate action, like send the baliffs in!

They really are crap at times. Recently my account details 'had become known to a 3rd party' so they changed my password. They couldn't answer the question of how this happened or provide any evidence of account activity. They sent me a number of emails to tell me to update my anti-virus and firewall. And i must have opened a phishing email or visited a dodgy site. Neither of these things happened.

I just gave up asking them for information in the end. It would be nice if their system gave the time of account activity (barclaycard does!)

Comment

Had a few auctions pulled by eBay tonight for "circumventing payment". i.e asking for 4% of paypal fees.
                      Anyone else have these ?? Any way to avoid it ?? I enjoy the ease of paypal but not the fees.
                      No win situ I guess.

Comment

The way some sellers avoid the fees is to charge more for P+P...

Comment

Ebay have agreed (in email) to refund my ?5 charge. Which is nice. Although it's still there on my account. Fingers and toes crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by weightgain
                            Had a few auctions pulled by eBay tonight for "circumventing payment". i.e asking for 4% of paypal fees.
                            Anyone else have these ?? Any way to avoid it ?? I enjoy the ease of paypal but not the fees.
                            No win situ I guess.
                            I specify Paypal only available for overseas bidders. That leaves the iniative with the buyer - they know I can accept Paypal, and if they contact me to ask if they can use it for an UK transaction, I send a note to explaining why I stopped accepting it for UK auctions - if they then offer to cover the fee, all is good and well. Otherwise, I just take a cheque as per normal - just as I did before Paypal was around.

TBH, I got completely fed up with all the crap from eBay / Paypal over the fees, scammer chargebacks etc. and am back to preferring cheques / cash / bank transfers. If people want to pay with Paypal, it is definitely for their convenience rather than for mine now so I have no qualms about turning it down if they don't want to cover the costs - I've no intention of paying for the 'privilege' of using a service that puts my money at risk in the way that Paypal does.

Comment

Originally posted by weightgain
                              No win situ I guess.
                              Indeed, eBay rules now state you are not allowed to ask buyers to pay extra for Paypal fees. So many people now hike their shipping costs to cover this. The same actually applies to people only having personal accounts at Paypal; if you want to accept Paypal, you must have a Premier or Business account.

Our policies are designed to help create a fair and safe trading experience for all eBay users. As a seller, you're responsible for regularly reviewing and complying with eBay's selling policies, and for meeting your obligations as set out in our User Agreement.

See under "Completing the sale".
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I've just noticed that someone has copied one of my auctions with the same picture and exact same description. What form do i need to fill in on ebay. I thought about giving the seller in question a chance of changing it but i'd rather get it pulled at source.

EDIT found the form.
                                Last edited by Mad Gear; 14-11-2006, 12:57.

Comment

Working...
                                X