This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someones stolen my Ebay account!

I haven't been able to log in for the past few days and it kept rejecting my password. Then I notice that I've got about 100 emails saying I've listed things that I haven't. Now I get an email from Ebay saying someone has stolen my account! They tell me to change my password so I try that but it rejects my answers to the account validation qauestions so now my account is suspended. Ebay's suggestion......open a new account! Yeah, and lose 2 years worth of perfect feedback! Thanks!

Any suggestions?
    Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

Aww thats well grim mate! Sorry

Comment

This happened to me a couple of years back. Suddenly couldn't get into my account, was getting emails all over the place asking about the 'Harley Davidson' I was apparently selling. The thing that still pisses me off is how thoroughly useless ebay were. They basically told me they would block the account and I should start another... but only after I'd paid ?30 + in fees that the bastard who stole my account had accrued.

I never did pay it, but yeah, gutted at losing 150+ feedback, but I very rarely use ebay these days. Dodgy dodgy company and a freaking pirate/robber/crackheads dream.

Comment

Ooops. 3 year old buys car on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by milk is chillin
            I've been buying and selling games on Ebay for years now, but I've never felt compelled to start a thread about it until today. I was attempting to sell a promo copy of Dead Rising on Xbox360 when I was contacted by someone who wanted to swap their copy of Reservoir Dogs (PS2) for Dead Rising. When I politely pointed out that Reservoir Dogs was a steaming pile of **** and I wasn't interested, they emailed me the most awesome response ever. Have a look below. Words fail, they really do...

"Blah Blah Blah

Thanks. Christine"

...That's been cut and pasted exactly as it arrived in my inbox.
            Wow so if it isnt worth geting why do they want it so bad, madness! its great even with tiny text, what a nutter!

Comment

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Why does my spider-sense tell me it was Mum or Dad who accidently won it and went "ah fu- ...."?

Comment

Yup, it's a common excuse, I've had it three times when selling stuff on ebay - 'oh my son bid on it by mistake'. Bollocks, you just changed your mind/found it cheaper.

Edit: Oh and I can't believe they're reporting this as news?!?

Comment

This actually went for LESS that usual because it was signed by the developers...lol

Comment

What the hell...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GENUINE-EMAIL-...QQcmdZViewItem

There's a couple of these. Why would you?

Comment

Originally posted by Emir
                      What the hell...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GENUINE-EMAIL-...QQcmdZViewItem

There's a couple of these. Why would you?
                      it always happens with new consoles

loads were around when the 360 was released as well

Comment

Surprised there aren't more Gamertag's on the bay of woe really.

Top scoring Gamertag (Rance6) with over 80,000 points, $6000 so far

Another, starting bid ?250.00

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss
                          Surprised there aren't more Gamertag's on the bay of woe really.

Top scoring Gamertag (Rance6) with over 80,000 points, $6000 so far
                          now reads

Originally posted by ebay
                          This listing (220035230072) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.
                          If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it canceled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay.
                          Guess Microsoft are really on ebay's case regarding sale of gamertags, either that or Rance6 has had second thoughts about the PS3

Comment

Ebay Mistake! Ooooops

Hi all. It's Kevin Here again to tell you the lastest stupid thing i've done.

Some of you know I'm getting some insurance stuff from my house break in. Should be getting it soon but not sure exactly what im getting. Could be coming into a windfall kinda.

Well yesterday I became intoxicated by the beauty of this bass guitar -

Been playing Bass for 14 years and am very competant. Play bass in a band and stuff. I LOVE the sound of Ricks LOVE THEM. but could never afford one. Still can't but it didn't stop me from momentarily losing all my senses and bidding ?1175 on the ****er!!

I won it. but can't really afford it. I could buy it but i would be financially ruined.

I need to get out of this!!! what the hell am I gonna do

****!

Been sending the seller messages but this could turn messy. Anyone else done a stupid thing like this?

The power of ebay is too much!

Comment

you could just not pay him and get 1 negative feedback?

Comment

Working...
                              X