Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and hes changed his user ID 4 times!.....total scam if i ever saw one. How anyone can claim to buy PSPs for 30 quid is just madness.

Just pisses me off that people like this ruin ebay.

Comment

I think it's legit. I mean just read the Seller's payment instructions:

Due to a large backlog of orders needing to be filled and an issue we are currently having with our computer systems, delivery can take upto 8 weeks and on some occassions longer. We apologise for this in advance & please be aware of this before bidding. Payment is to be made by personal cheque or bank transfer only. Thank you

Comment

merged your thread here stepp

Comment

Maybe his acccount has been hacked...happens every day now. I bought a load of camera stuff on ebay (over ?1200 worth) and the sellers account got hacked. It all me me very nervous so I insisted on some photos of the goods with a handwritten note and he even included a photo of his passport for me. It was all good in the end.

Comment

@ Davehollis..thanks....sorry didnt realise this thread was here!

Comment

LUCKY PROSTITUTE DRESS!

Comment

That?s brilliant! I demand all eBay auctions have back stories.

Comment

Do you reckon there's a scam going on with this fella. He's selling iPods, and while he feedback is nearly all positive, loads of people are reporting the item was lost in the post and had to be re-sent, and then they received it fine.

Just wondered what (if anything) he's up to

Comment

Originally posted by rumbletum
                    Just wondered what (if anything) he's up to
                    Resident cynic (namely moi) says he might be ripping off the couriers for insurance. Maybe he just can't handle the amount of shipping he does and uses the 'loss' to buy time. OR... the benefit-of-the-doubt answer is he might just have a problem with hislocal couriers being theiving gets. The courier I dealt with at an old job had a real problem with its north London depots and would 'lose' literally hundreds of boxes a day so it does go on.
                    Last edited by MattyD; 16-09-2006, 22:48.

Comment

EBay's biggest moron

I've been buying and selling games on Ebay for years now, but I've never felt compelled to start a thread about it until today. I was attempting to sell a promo copy of Dead Rising on Xbox360 when I was contacted by someone who wanted to swap their copy of Reservoir Dogs (PS2) for Dead Rising. When I politely pointed out that Reservoir Dogs was a steaming pile of **** and I wasn't interested, they emailed me the most awesome response ever. Have a look below. Words fail, they really do...

"Hello, I was not makeing a joke. What games are more popular. Dead Rising. Or Saints Row. My point. If your a gamer. What games are you most likely to buy. Saints Row, Godfather, Just Cause. Dead Rising. Has small text, which is confirmed will not be patched. It has a time limit the whole game, and only one save slot. And its just a predictable horror game.

Where you have Next Gen gameing like Just Cause, Saints Row. Ask yourself this. Why is Saints Row the number one top game in Australia now. But your auction only has it for $49 and one day to go. Simple. Gamers do not want Promo versions. They want full retail witih manuals. Your Dead Rising is only $66 and one day to go. Yeah. Sure. Its more value. In Game Stores. Not On Ebay. It retails for $105 in stores. Do you think you will get that. No chance. You will be lucky to get $75 if your lucky. Thats it. And thats hopeing. You put Reservoir Dogs on Ebay. You will get $80 easy.
                      Tell you what. I am in a good mood. I will trade you Xbox 360 game Table Tennis by Rockstar. In Excellent Condition. And Resevoir Dogs for PS2. Also in Excellent Condition. Even if you sell both for only a small $50 each. Thats a easy $100.

The facts are. You will never make a profit on ebay selling games. Trust me. I know. Only the power sellers that buy wholesale prices get a profit. But even with talking to them. They only make a small profit. No one profits by selling Promo games. There given away for free to reviewers. So why would gamers pay top dollar. For games without manuals. If I am going to pay a good $70 on ebay for a game. I want the manual. I want the flashy DVD case. I want the flashy name on disc. Not some Promo version. Which looks like I just brought from some market up the street. If your going to be a gamer who collects games. Or shows them off to friends. You want the real deal.

Its upto you. If you dont want to trade. Cool. I am fine with that. But dont say Dead Rising has more value. From reviews it doesnt. And from the prices on ebay it doesnt. Look at games like Postal, Manhunt, Grand Theft San. Games thare are censored or banned. They get great value on Ebay. Sure reservoir dogs maybe a crap game to you. But its as good as its gets. Look at current and future PS2 games. There crap. Or better on Xbox 360. So reservoir dogs is as good as it gets. Plus its over hyped. Which means. Supply and demand. Hype sells games. There is no hype about dead rising. Its a patient gamers game. Its not just pick up and play. Gamers want action that is fun. Where dead rising you have to have a whole lot of patience. As its all timed, Gamers thought Dead Rising was like grand theft horror, do anything, use anything, wrong, you have to be patient. and do things in a correct time.

Look at such high review games as Oblivion. It was total crap. The grahpics are washed out, orange faces. And seen one oblivion gate, seen them all.

Lets be honest mate. We had a positive ebay transaction in past. I brought the game Urban Chaos from you. You want to talk about Crap games. Urban Chaos is king of crap games. You talk to me about crap PS2 games. And you have listed make a soccer team. What are you going to sell better, a soccer game or reservoir dogs.

I mean if your a gamer. I am sure even if you dont want to sell it. I am sure yoru gamer friends would trade with you a game in a heart beat for this PS2 game. We arent talking a B grade game likd Spyhunter, or Yakuza. We are talking a Terantino movie. Most games out now are crap on PS2. So Reservoir Dogs is as good as it gets. Look at my ebay rateing. I do nothing but, buy, sell games. And trade games. So I know the gameing scene. I am not just some fan of this or that. I have all game systems. Gamecube, ps2, xbox 360, high end PC. So I know the game scene, and all new releases.

Anyway. Its upto you. My two games. For your one. So even if you think there both crap games. Surely two crap games. Equals one good game. I am just a avid gamer. That my gameng budget is not great. And I am tired of selling on ebay. I am tired of selling two games, in order to buy one game. I would rather trade two games. In order to get one. Then the seller can profit selling my two games. Its your choice. If you dont want to trade. Fine. If you do. Its greatly apprecaited. As I am a horror fan. As I said. Dead to rising is not pick up and play. Its for patient gamers that liked Deus Ex, hitman, splinter cell. Its for patient gamers. Thanks. Christine"

...That's been cut and pasted exactly as it arrived in my inbox.

Comment

Thought there was a word limit on replies in ebay !!!! lol best reply ever tho. You trading then - cause if not I will !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by milk is chillin

We arent talking a B grade game likd Yakuza. "
                          Do it and neg him!

Has he even played reservoir dogs? And hes slagging off promos so much, yet he is so desperate to get it off you!

Comment

Originally posted by milk is chillin
                            Surely two crap games. Equals one good game.
                            I am tired of selling two games, in order to buy one game. I would rather trade two games. In order to get one.[/i]

...That's been cut and pasted exactly as it arrived in my inbox.

That's brilliant, let us know who she is!!

Comment

LOL! I have not laughed so much in ages. Keep us posted as to what happens next in the next episode of "Christine"....LOL!

Comment

had to think how long it would be if it was a complaint

Comment

Working...
                                X