X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

duped post

Comment

Originally posted by MJR_UK
      hes emailed back saying paypal could not transfer the money from his paypal account into his bank account and paypal are charging him ?5. Hes emailed me asking for me to refund an extra ?5 to cover it

This seems to me to be very cheeky.
      his details are wrong with paypal or the bank declined it - totally his fault

surprised he was only charged ?5 though - thought it was more

Comment

Originally posted by muse hunter
        i had to remove one of my listings on ebay (DC) as the games were not in as good nick as i originally thought, to top it of i started playing it and lookie here a reset problem as well (damn typical DC's ), anyway i had to remove the item as i didn't feel right selling it, question does ebay punish you for removing your item from sale?
        I removed an item the other day as i decided i never wanted to sell it, you just lose your fee.

Done a few things over the years and no problems

Comment

Originally posted by MJR_UK
          The iPod guy is back from my previous posts....

Now, I refunded him the money back (?140 - he paid 133 but I rounded it up to cover his costs). This was about 3 weeks ago. Refunded via paypal, the money left my account so no problems there.

He emailed me to see if the money had left my account because it hadnt gone into his yet. I said it had and now hes emailed back saying paypal could not transfer the money from his paypal account into his bank account and paypal are charging him ?5. Hes emailed me asking for me to refund an extra ?5 to cover it

This seems to me to be very cheeky.

Just after some guidance really of what to do next....

Ive justed emailed him this:

You choose to pay via paypal and therefore I refunded in the same method. I cannot be held responsible for the money once it left my account. If there was a problem with your paypal account then it is not my responsibility.

I will therefore not be sending you anymore money.

Seems fair?
          I would have refunded him ?133 as i dont think you get charged fees for refunds.

Comment

Originally posted by Del Boy
            I would have refunded him ?133 as i dont think you get charged fees for refunds.
            Delboy's right, so long as you use the Refund Option rather than simply paypal'ing to his account

Comment

So MJR_UK you should actually ask for a refund, go on see what his reaction is, lol.

Comment

Did you actually get the ipod back or has he effectively got it for free?

Comment

yeah I got the ipod back, there was nothing wrong with it

Comment

OK, not eBay or Paypal but I figure this is the best place to beg for help. I want to buy something from Yahoo! Auctions Japan, does it work like eBay? Also, the only part of the auction that I can actually read is "seller will not post internationally" so I beg

Is there anyone posting here in Japan that could buy something for me, and forward it on?

Comment

Use a proxy bidder like Celga or Rinkya

Comment

Excellent, thank you! It didn't occur to me that there'd be a company that did that

Comment

Anyone else been having problems with accessing ebay lately? Most of the time I cant seem to log in, and when i can, it takes aaaaages to do anything. I thought it was my isp (ukonline) as me and my gf are both with them and both have the same problem, but they told me there was a problem with ebay's servers. Yet I didnt have a single problem acessing ebay when i was at work earlier. Bit of a bummer as i had a few auctions that ended tonight and I got a FA on them.

Comment

Hi there

I wondered if any seasoned Ebay'ers could offer me some advice. I stuck this final fantasy xi statue on Ebay last sat.

It was all going fine till someone bid on it then retracted their bid. They then did the same thing a minute later. Then someone else did the same thing and then the original person has done it again. Both the people have 100% feedback but it's obvious neither of them did it by mistake. Tbh i didn't even realise you could retract a bid.

Should i report them or leave it as see what happens?

thanks for any help

FB

Comment

Originally posted by Fat_Bob
                              Hi there

I wondered if any seasoned Ebay'ers could offer me some advice. I stuck this final fantasy xi statue on Ebay last sat.

It was all going fine till someone bid on it then retracted their bid. They then did the same thing a minute later. Then someone else did the same thing and then the original person has done it again. Both the people have 100% feedback but it's obvious neither of them did it by mistake. Tbh i didn't even realise you could retract a bid.

Should i report them or leave it as see what happens?

thanks for any help

FB
                              Doing it to see what the other's maximum is. If you want, you can remove both their bids and block them from bidding on your auctions.

Comment

It had to happen, a pisstake on the recent bear sale which made someone a mint for their little story.

Comment

Working...
                                X