This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Senna:

If you're feeling bored, here's a tracking number you can use, from a fresh pack of recorded slips I have here:

DW891482783GB

If you enter it at royalmail.com, it says that it may take a few days for the posting info to pop up.

Of course, you may not be bored enough to continue communicating with a scammer, but if you are...

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
      Wait. Is that true?
      Only if your rating numbers (the stars you award as a buyer) are less than 4.3 in any category or you've been on eBay less than 2 years I think. Of course if you're not a regular seller then you won't have any seller rating (because it resets after a year) and hence have to go through this rigamarole apparently...
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Thanks for the tracking number above billy, but even though I'm tempted I'm going to avoid stooping to the idiot's level.

Turns out in the end the person's account got hacked, and so eBay dropped me an email to let me know to that effect. So, as I mentioned earlier, I offered it via Second Chance to the second and third highest bidder. The third highest bidder accepted, paid by PayPal (legitimately this time) and just before I was about to post it yesterday afternoon, I got an email from eBay to say because of the earlier situation, they had removed the listing completely from their records, which promptly fed into the paypal system and generated an automatic refund back to the buyer.

Now I know that ebay have a tough job fighting against scammers, but they didn't give me advance warning that they were going to delete the sale, they just cancelled it suddenly.

So, I am now left £260 odd quid out of pocket, and if I want to relist I have to start completely from scratch given they have completely wiped the auction from all records. I have dropped the legit buyer an email asking if he is happy to still do the sale outside of eBay, and I will lower the price by £15 quid for the hassle involved, and because I no longer have to pay rip-off, pain in the ass eBay their fees.

Honestly, as long as I can help it, that will be the LAST time I use eBay as first port of call for selling things in the future. Too much hassle, too much openess to scammers, and fees that are WAY too high.

Comment

So I'm just about to post a game to test eBay for getting rid of my more generic US PS2 titles. Filled everything in OK, set a listing price of ?0.99 to avoid a listing fee and a p+p cost of ?1.50 (To cover first class package along with the cost of a jiffy bag) and I get the following error:

P&P cost in this category can't be more than ?0.00.

It's listed as "Video Games > Games > Sony PS2 > Shoot-'Em-Up" (Which is what is is). Surely they can't require me to give free postage and packing on this?

Comment

Yep, they do. But they're getting rid of that in a few days, so try again in a week or so!

Comment

Thank god for that. It's a while since I've sold a game through eBay, but I definitely used to be able to charge for shipping!

I think I might just have to bite the bullet and list everything on here.

Comment

Ebay are introducing a maximum p+p amount from 8th Feb. Link.

Comment

OK, well at least that covers me. Loads of people are just going to look at that as a guideline for what they should charge though and just go straight for the maximum.

Odd that I can charge £2 for a game yet only £1 for a BR/DVD. The postage cost will be identical, and it's not as if people will be including any kind of postage insurance within that cost.

Comment

I bought a 'slightly' faulty 360 on ebay for ?33 which I thought was a good price. The fault is likely to be the RF board as it sometimes disconnects the controller.
                    The seller contacted me today saying, I quote ' upon packing your x box into my car i have slipped over and smashed the xbox into smithereens'.
                    Call me skeptical but after contacting him asking how tall his car is and threatening to submit a complaint he has decided now to send it
                    Dread to think what will arrive.

Comment

urgh, why can't people just leave positive feedback in good time. He's had the item for almost a week now (I know because I've seen it was signed for) and I've sent a couple of polite emails reminding him to leave me some feedback.

The fees being withheld is infuriating.

Comment

Odd that I can charge ?2 for a game yet only ?1 for a BR/DVD. The postage cost will be identical, and it's not as if people will be including any kind of postage insurance within that cost.
                        Not really, a game can have a bulky manual which pushes it over the threshold, if you pack it up properly. You get your post insured for up to ?39 anyway as default, unlikly a game or BR will be more than that.

I think bringing back paid postage is a good option. I have alot of old magazines that I want to start at a penny, but having to include postage etc take it up past what I feel is desirable to a bidder. Atleast now I can list it with correct postage and start it at a penny without fear of it selling and me making a loss.

Comment

Not N64 magazines is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Gruce View Post
                            Not really, a game can have a bulky manual which pushes it over the threshold, if you pack it up properly. You get your post insured for up to ?39 anyway as default, unlikly a game or BR will be more than that.
                            It's a very long time since games have had any accompanying bulk as anything like standard. And what about special editions? No way on earth I could post a lot of them for less than ?2, yet the value may not require any more than the standard ?39 insurance cover.

What would be the price of posting a BR first class, along with the cosy of the jiffy bag? I'm not convinced ?1 would cover it, and I don't see why the seller should be out of pocket on the shipping. I'm not suggesting that the games limit should be brought down to ?1, I'm saying the price of posting a DVD/BR should be set up to ?2.

I just think the seller should be able to cover his costs, and I'm not sure that's possible under that structure.

Comment

I'm not suggesting that the games limit should be brought down to ?1, I'm saying the price of posting a DVD/BR should be set up to ?2.

I just think the seller should be able to cover his costs, and I'm not sure that's possible under that structure.
                              Maybe not ?2, but ?1.50 or somthing, I sold a copy of Lost in Translation for sub ?2, by the time I had wrapped it, posted it, and had the fees taken off I think I made about 2pence.

Comment

I worry these maximum limits will surely force sellers to use the cheapest postal option they find which will almost definitely jeopardise any seller protection they would've had from chargebacks or other dodgy buyer tactics.

Do they still only protect you from chargebacks if you deliver via a fully-trackable service like Special Delivery?

Comment

Working...
                                X