Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ MonkeyJuggleDX: You say the buyer only paid for 2nd class postage - was that how your auction was set up? Were there other options?

I never allow standard postage in my auctions ever, I always send recorded no matter what because of their seller protection rule, unless it's something so cheap that I'll just give a refund if it doesn't turn up rather than go through the RM process.

What confuses me is their Paypal's insistence on tracking. Sometimes I hear it has to be fully tracked, other times recorded is enough(as proof of delivery or non-delivery).

There also seems to be confusion over who's responsible. As far as I'm aware, the seller is responsible for the item up to the point it reaches the buyer's door. Any issues with delivery and it's up to the seller to sort them out.

I'll often see sellers advertising non-recorded delivery with a clause along the lines of "non-recorded delivery at your own risk etc etc" when it turns out it's the seller who's at risk, not the buyer.

Comment

Good lord. Bought a white, non-USB Saturn pad off eBay that was listed as new and the d-pad is blue and rotated by a 45-degree angle. For some reason the seller has included a letter to a hospital and a CD of an MRI scan too. Something's gone horribly wrong here!

Comment

WTF?!?

Comment

I know. Contacted them and asked for a full refund. This is going up there with the time a seller unexpectedly turned up at my house in the evening and ended up running away when he saw my dad.

Comment

lolling at the MRI scan. Maybe something on the scan shows why he needs the dpad at 45 degrees?

Comment

His hands aren't the problem, judging by the letter. The D-pad looks like one of those ones from the PlaySega controllers. I think it screws on or something, but I'm reluctant to fiddle with it in case it pops off. Amazing. I'd post a photo but everything except the pad is covered in his personal details.

Comment

Edit them out - that sounds well wacky! I want to see this...

Comment

I had an unofficial Megadrive pad once that had a D-pad rotated slightly like you was meant to play it on the slant. Awkward as hell.

Comment

Madness! Next they'll be making pads with non-symmetrical analog sticks!

Comment

Post pix of the MRI scan, go on!

Comment

I really can't- there's so much personal stuff there to block out that a posting photo would just be pointless. I'm getting the impression that the seller re-used the envelope for my pad and forgot to remove whatever was in there. Poor guy!

Comment

Weird stuff found on ebay

Comment

My item on ebay is being lead by a new bidder. They have 1 feedback which they recieved today buying a ?3 game.

I know people don't like new bidders. Any ideas?

Comment

Buyers (and sellers) have to start somewhere but if you're selling a high value item I know some sellers use to specifically exclude low feedback buyers in their their buying T&C. I don't know whether this is still possible and whether it can be retrospectively enabled though.

On another matter: why is that some sellers require buyers to have Paypal accounts linked to their Ebay account? I don't see how it makes the sale any safer for the seller and it makes even less sense when they also accept other forms of payment.

More annoyingly this linked account requirement is almost never mentioned in the listing itself, you only get to find out when you try to confirm the bid/purchase. This has happened to me on many occasions, the last time only yesterday.

It is damned frustrating particularly when you've spent an hour trawling through listing looking for the thing you wanted. The potential buyer is annoyed and the seller loses a sale for no good reason - so why do they do it?
                              Last edited by fallenangle; 05-08-2012, 14:36.

Comment

This made me chuckle...a real strangulation point in any sound system is cured...

Comment

Working...
                                X