Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still annoys me when people place a bid last minute on your item (therefore are watching it at the time) and 3 days later youre still awaiting payment from them!

Comment

What's the deal with private listing?.. Is it just a blag so the seller can bid their item up from another account?!?

Found a copy of Kikikaikai placed a bid, got outbid, had a nosey at bid history and its all private!.. I'm a bit dubious as whether I should carry on!

Comment

Originally posted by chojin View Post
        What's the deal with private listing?.. Is it just a blag so the seller can bid their item up from another account?!?

Found a copy of Kikikaikai placed a bid, got outbid, had a nosey at bid history and its all private!.. I'm a bit dubious as whether I should carry on!
        I took a punt at this anyway and ended up winning it the seller seemed very good and I got it for a lower price than I could find any other for sale.
        Last edited by chojin; 09-11-2012, 15:11.

Comment

Originally posted by chojin View Post

They started doing this years ago. From what I can tell, the entire bid history for everything is private. Presumably so you can't hassle other bidders. The person who created the auction can see who though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
            They started doing this years ago. From what I can tell, the entire bid history for everything is private. Presumably so you can't hassle other bidders. The person who created the auction can see who though.
            This is right, I always list mine as private means that I can vet out who I want to second chance offer if the winner is a twonk

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
              This is right, I always list mine as private means that I can vet out who I want to second chance offer if the winner is a twonk
              And there are a lot of twonks on eBay ...

Dear w.kitchen,

Hi,

>please could you let me know if this camera can be used direct into the laptop, to take pics to upload to sell on ebay

Depends what OS you're running. It'll show up in Win XP, Win 7, Win 8 without drivers. Win 98/ME will be more difficult and will likely require a driver install. Not sure about Linux distros. It has a standard USB Mini Connector on the camera for a cable like this one: http://www.usbcable.com/94-3996.jpg Plug the USB lead in, put the camera into playback mode and it shows up under "My Computer" as a Canon G5.

>also,why has this item not had much interest shown in it.

Beats me, I haven't had the chance to ask everyone who uses eBay.

>Could it be too good to be true.

It's a camera, the pictures are of the item being sold taken by me and uploaded to my web site.

>I have been scammed recentley and I am rather sceptical at the moment

Your loss.

>WOULD it have everything that is ready to use straight away.

Yes, I'll even charge the battery to full before it ships.

>finally, why do you not accept returns

Must be the default option on the listing editor - I'll take a return if the item is DOA for a full refund, return postage at your expense.

>I do hope you do not mind me asking all these questions,but I have never had a camera that I find easy to use with the laptop

I don't mind, but pretty much every camera I currently own and have owned in the past 5-6 years works in exactly the same way, so if you've had problems before I can't see them being any different here.

Cheers
              Marty
              You try to be helpful ...

thanks for your reply !!!!!!
              NOW ITS YOUR LOSS.YOU ARE AN IGNORANT PERSON.ALSO,VERY TOUCHY ABOUT THIS ITEM?.

- w.kitchen
              I'm thinking it's not that much of a loss
              Last edited by MartyG; 09-11-2012, 19:58.

Comment

I demand that this conversation is extended for as long and as farcically as possible.

Comment

Sorry, I blocked them so it won't happen I'm afraid. I did send a reply though:

Dear w.kitchen,

I fully answered your question in explicit detail - no pleasing some people I guess. But I kind of get the feeling I'm better off not having you bidding on my listing.

Thanks for your interest.

Cheers
                  Marty
                  Annoyingly the auction is running at ?1.20 at the moment ending on Sunday - hopefully there will be a mad rush at the end or someone is going to get a bargain deal on a Canon G5.
                  Last edited by MartyG; 09-11-2012, 20:18.

Comment

Why did the shocking ebay prices thread close? I wanted to post about this. WTF?

It's only a tenner elsewhere on eBay. That seller has PS2 stuff ranging from ?1.27 up to ?99... Wha...? I actually bought some ?1.27 PS2 games off him (Psi-Ops). Mint condition. Must be unsold stock he acquired. But ?99 for this?!

Comment

Fffffffff.

Thought my final SRW game had arrived today...turns out they sent me the wrong one.

Comment

I had a very pleasant experience recently on eBay. I bid on a game, wanted to retract the bid, contacted the seller, he said yes - I just needed to go through the resolution centre. I forgot to log and check emails, so wasn't able to until after the auction ended. I messaged back saying that, as a man of my word, I would of course honour the bid and pay him in full. The chap then kindly said he'd add an extra game to the bundle, entirely gratis, to make up for this. Blimey, some people really are nice.

I also recently bought a 360 game and it came with a free sweet inside. Admittedly I didn't eat it because I don't like candy, but still!

Sometimes I like to add free gifts to me eBay items. I once sold a copy of the Retro Gamer archive DVD, and included a signed Gunstar Heroes poster (by the GH staff, not me). The guy bid more than it was worth, so I thought it would be a nice thank you.
                        Last edited by Sketcz; 04-12-2012, 10:16.

Comment

You should totally sign random posters and give them away with things, like an eBay Johnny Cage

Comment

I used to put Coffeetableman drawings on the outside of packages/boxes, but a couple of buyers seemed annoyed by that. One guy I sold something to on RLLMUK totally blanked me after receiving the item.

Then again, a few really, really liked them. Maybe I should start doing them again...

Comment

No pleasing some people, eh?

Also, I get the feeling being blanked by someone on rllmuk is not such a big loss...

Comment

I assumed it was because the CTM comic in question featured Mrs CTM wearing lingerie, and his postman gave him a funny look when it had to be signed for.

Comment

Working...
                                X