This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
    What's bread got to do with the situation in Korea?
    I was trying to find the most innocent thing I could on Wikipedia to translate. I thought of bread.

Comment

Uuuuurgh, just missed out on a game I'd been after for a while because the seller didn't bother getting back to me about international shipping. There aught to be a special circle in hell for people that leave you hanging for over fourteen hours without a reply. So much rage.

Comment

I've just bought a LeapPad for my son from an eBay seller.

In their listing, they had two photographs, one of the LeapPad and another of three games.

Although the description made no reference to the games, I presumed that they'd come too, seeing as the listing included a photograph of them.

Naturally, they've not been sent and the seller is saying the description was accurate, which it was.

Where do you think I stand on this?

EDIT: They've replied
        "The games were not included-i did delete the picture off but it must have still been on there. They were not included in the description though to say included, I only stated what was included. The games were being sold seperate on different listings-if they were I would have wanted more then the starting bid of 20.00 The games are now all sold. If you require a refund please send this back by first class recorded as I sent and I will then issue a refund if everything is returned."

The listing is here and you can see it's still got both the pictures on it. It only cost 20 notes, but it's not quite the bargain I thought it was. Should I leave average feedback?
        Last edited by QualityChimp; 28-03-2013, 10:53.

Comment

I've listed my PS3 three times now. Everytime I list it it sells within about 4 seconds. Then I hear nothing from the buyer, or the buyer turns out to be a Nigerian scam artist, or the buyer's account has been hacked by a Nigerian scam artist. The instant payment required button doesn't seem to be there anymore, so my listings are being ruined. It's depressing.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

@chimp - leave poor feedback. They made a mistake. If they did remove the photo they should also have updated the description to state that the previous photo was there by mistake etc. </ruthless>

Comment

Another day, another customs fee... is there some way to dispute this with HMRC? I don't see why the government thinks that it's entitled to a cut of cash from a private game sale between two individuals, particularly when the game was never intended for sale in the UK in the first place.

Anyway, got myself a BNIB and sealed NTSC-U SNES game, which was originally being held to a customs-related ransom by the criminals at eBay. After I'd contacted the seller and let him know what they were doing, he was shocked and opted out of the programme for that item. Sadly the pre-printed address label listed the game as merchandise and it was pounced on by those money grubbing bints at HMRC anyway but it seemed odd that the US seller didn't really know that eBay was charging these fees and that they could cost him international business.

Comment

It's a new thing on US eBay I believe, I was reading something about it a couple of weeks back. They can handle import duties when you ship to other countries or similar. $20 value all the way, every time for me heh...
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Sold an expensive game on ebay, buyer gets in touch and says he doesn't have paypal (the only payment option I gave) and wants to pay by bank transfer. I say no, please pay by the requested method. Next message, "my friend will pay from their paypal, send me your address". I say no, the payment details were clearly stated, please use ebay check out. Then he starts telling me IN AN EMAIL THROUGH EBAY how he can buy with paypal, but then just contact them and say the game is fake or someone hacked his account and i'll get nothing. I knew this was going to be nothing but hassle.

UPDATE: Has now left me a negative feedback saying I refused to sell him the game as he asked if it was genuine! My first neg in ten years on ebay. Unbelievable. Well it's done me one favour, i'll never use ebay again.
                  Last edited by Colin; 06-04-2013, 10:53.

Comment

Complain to Ebay about that. Explain it as you have to us here and Ebay will/should remove the negative feedback although it may take some time and and a bit of persistence.

Comment

Already have, absolutely ridiculous that I should even have to though. It really is just set up to shaft sellers now.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Colin. I tend not to list expensive stuff on eBay, even though you can get a fair bit more it's not worth the hassle.

Comment

Know how you feel, ikobo. Sold an old PSX game on their in good condition (not mint, good) and then got bad feedback because it wasn't mint.

Asked ebay to remove and they didn't even get back to me.

Comment

As an upshot i'm now sat thinking i'll just keep all my stuff and simply stick it in storage. So annoyed by this German idiot.

Comment

No one will take any notice of one bad feedback Colin, anyone with any sense will see through it and realise the buyer is a complete cock!!

Comment

Dont let one bellend put you off -most buyers are fine.

-1 means nothing to any buyer, who buys from a good seller

Comment

Working...
                                X