Attached Files

Comment

David Beckham's M3

Comment

Is tis legit? (Ebay related)

I cant see the ebay sticky anymore, so here we go:

Dear eBay member

We recently noticed more attempts to log in to your eBay account from a
        foreign IP address and we have reasons to belive that your account was compromised
        by a third party without your authorization.

If you recently accessed your account while traveling,the unusual log in attempts
        may have been initiated by you.
        However,if you are the account holder please verify that, clicking on the link below,
        fill the form and then submit. In this way we will verify your identity.

The log in attempt was made from:
        IP address: 184.158.158.98
        ISP host: 184.158.158.98

If you choose to ignore our request , your account will be suspended until you will verify your identity

We ask that you allow at least 72 hours for the case to be investigated and we
        strongly recommend not to make any changes to your account in that time.

If you received this notice and you are not the authorized account
        holder, please be aware that it is in violation of eBay policy to represent
        oneself as another eBay user. Such action may also be in violation of
        local, national, and/or international law. eBay is committed to assist
        law enforcement with any inquires related to attempts to misappropriate
        personal information with the intent to commit fraud or theft.
        Information will be provided at the request of law enforcement agencies to
        ensure that perpetrators are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

*Please do not respond to this e-mail as your reply will not be received.

Thanks for your patience as we work together to protect your account.

Regards,

Safeharbor Department
        eBay Inc.

Another bogus mail?

Comment

If its from ebay it should have you user name on it.

Comment

Take a look here: http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/new/acc...rotection.html

They say all pages should start http://cgi.ebay.com/etc
            That link doesn't.

Comment

The best way to quickly spot a bogus email is to copy a line and Google it. I just did "Thanks for your patience as we work together to protect your account." and got all these spoof emails, claiming to be from many different online companies but all completely identical.

Comment

Ebay never send security emails with a link in them.

Comment

as above, delete and ignore

Comment

I keep getting these mails too.

Got 2 of em today alone. I did go through a phase of emailing ebay about them as i didn't know if they were legit or not, never heard back from them though.

Comment

me too, I got one. I ignored it and everything seems fine. I get loads of fake paypal ones as well.

Comment

i ignore all emails, cant remember last time i actualy connected to outlook express to retreive em im safe

Comment

All real messages from Paypal or eBay will either have your user name or your real name up top. Anything else is definitely phishing.
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I always tell them what they want to know.

Comment

email me your name address, and all card details

ill look into it for you, also include ur 4 digit pin for meh

Comment

Originally posted by RuBiQ
                                ill look into it for you, also include ur 4 digit pin for meh

"So the PIN is 1... 2... 3... 4... That's the stupidest PIN Number I've ever seen in my life. That's the kinda thing an idiot would have on his luggage."
                                Last edited by Ersatz Nihilist; 02-01-2005, 22:59. Reason: More accurate quote...

Comment

Working...
                                X